Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, diepotato47 said:

I think the stud shooter will be supposed to be used to represent Rey grabbing the lightsaber from the snow. Either that or it’s for kids to play Rey or Ren solving the fight the “Indiana Jones” way ?

I assumed it was meant to be the silver blaster that Han gave her. 

In the film she tries to shoot Kylo only for him to force throw her into a tree. Then the Finn/Kylo fight happens. 

I actually quite like this little set, but that gun does look quite out of place. 

I haven't been on this thread in a while, so my quick thoughts on the anniversary sets are that I'll probably get the new Slave I and Anakin's Podracer, but the other three I think I'll skip. It pains me to not collect the full set of special edition minifigures, but I'm not sure I can justify spending that much money on sets I don't care for just to get the figures.

In terms of the Toy Fair reveals, the 'action battle' sets are neat for what they are, but they're not for me and I have no real interest in collecting the figures. I like the vignette style of Duel on Starkiller Base so I'll probably get it, although I already have a Kylo and Rey figure so it's not on the top of my list. So far I'm up-to-date with Resistance so it's likely I'll buy Vonreg's TIE and Black Ace's Interceptor. I like the design of all the figures, especially Poe's new torso print. Having watched the show though I feel that there were several better options instead of Black Ace in terms of ships and characters. Hopefully there are more waves in the future to fill in the gaps.

So far this year I'm most excited for the rumoured Tantive IV. I never had a chance to get the previous model so I'm hoping that the rumours are true. I've seen the leaked Leia figure and I think it looks amazing! I'm hoping that it has a detailed interior like the last model and isn't purely for display, although I'd still probably buy it.

My only problem with the Starkiller Set is the lack of Finn. We could of had a new angry face and a print of the fresh slash on his torso, could have been cool. And play features to launch Rey and the lightsaber.

definately getting this set, love these £20 vignette sets. I know people like having good figures in expensive sets, but being able to get Kylo and Rey in a £20 Set is great.

Probably late to the party again and I assume some of the things I have to say might have already been talked about in this thread but here's my 2 cents on the newly revealed sets anyway...

- That might be old news but are those 'action battle' sets replacing battle packs now? I was surprised I didn't see any new BP in the next wave of sets. It would be a shame if that's the case... those builds for the action battle sets are pretty horrendous and the giant cannons are a relic. It's something I never liked even as a kid, but maybe I was in the minority?

- I love the new scout trooper helmet, I think it was one of the last specific pieces for the OT that was in dire need of an update. Not so sure about those new legs and torso prints however but I need to see it from the front to compare it to the previous version.

- Speaking of new prints, I'm on the fence about the new rebel Hoth trooper torsos. While I do think the prints themselves are a slight improvement over the last version, I think the lack of leg prints and the darker caps make them look a bit off. That can easily be fixed however.

- The same can be said about the new snowtrooper's prints. The tan hands look weird as they're the only parts of that minifig in that colour and I'm not sure why they chose to make the pouches on the belt grey. A quick Google search shows me those are either white or a very light shade of tan. While the minifig doesn't look bad overall despite all that, I think it's a downgrade compared to the previous version.

- The Starkiller duel set is a good and cheap way to get those 2 characters but it will be a pass for me. That Rey is pretty common and the prints on Kylo are very scene-specific. Can't blame TLG at all for offering something new of course but I'm just more interested in the regular 'clean' outfit for custom minifigs.

- The 2 SW Resistance sets look pretty decent and have a nice selection of minifigs. I'm not too interested in the show but I might get the red TIE interceptor... and I gotta admit Vonreg and that other pilot with the imperial helmet look pretty cool.

Just now, Elrond said:

Probably late to the party again and I assume some of the things I have to say might have already been talked about in this thread but here's my 2 cents on the newly revealed sets anyway...

- That might be old news but are those 'action battle' sets replacing battle packs now? I was surprised I didn't see any new BP in the next wave of sets. It would be a shame if that's the case... those builds for the action battle sets are pretty horrendous and the giant cannons are a relic. It's something I never liked even as a kid, but maybe I was in the minority?

We have no reason to think that. There've never been more than 4 battle packs in a year, which isn't enough to have them in every wave. The last two will probably be in October.

6 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

We have no reason to think that. There've never been more than 4 battle packs in a year, which isn't enough to have them in every wave. The last two will probably be in October.

Makes sense yeah, I was just worried because those new action battle sets look rather minifig-oriented. 2 of them almost look like BPs where they replaced 2 of the minifigs with a couple of giant cannons to save money.

the current scuttlebutt does not show anything of the battle pack size coming for the rest of 2019.  i expect to see the next 2 battle packs in january.

lego may have decided to change from 4 per year to 2 per year, who knows.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

the current scuttlebutt does not show anything of the battle pack size coming for the rest of 2019.  i expect to see the next 2 battle packs in january.

That's a pity, since BPs are usually what interests me more and I've already decided to skip the current 2 (not a ST fan and I don't really care about Inferno Squad).

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

Last year’s battle packs, specifically the Tatooine battle pack and the Jedi and Clone Trooper (unfortunately because they for some reason decided to add named Jedi no one wants repeats of) battle packs did not sell well at all and are still flooding store shelves in many places, not leaving room for the most recent battle packs.  This most likely caused LEGO to reconsider their approach.  Unfortunately rather than realizing the actual problem (that both AFOLs and kids want battle packs for army building, not collecting random rare figures) I expect Tidy is correct and we can expect the new standard to be 2 battlepacks a year for the time being.

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

That's a pity, since BPs are usually what interests me more and I've already decided to skip the current 2 (not a ST fan and I don't really care about Inferno Squad).

Just a question, what does ST stand for? 

11 hours ago, SEmrys said:

I assumed it was meant to be the silver blaster that Han gave her. 

In the film she tries to shoot Kylo only for him to force throw her into a tree. Then the Finn/Kylo fight happens. 

I actually quite like this little set, but that gun does look quite out of place. 

Maybe, but a stud shooter specifically as opposed to a pistol or something seems weird as this isn't a battle pack. Eh, maybe on the back box art of the set it shows what the function with it is so we know what it represents.

4 hours ago, Elrond said:

No, I don't think there's been anything to suggest that. The action battles seem more play-oriented and less for army building, as well as more expensive. 

1 hour ago, Skyhammer said:

Last year’s battle packs, specifically the Tatooine battle pack and the Jedi and Clone Trooper (unfortunately because they for some reason decided to add named Jedi no one wants repeats of) battle packs did not sell well at all and are still flooding store shelves in many places, not leaving room for the most recent battle packs.  This most likely caused LEGO to reconsider their approach.  Unfortunately rather than realizing the actual problem (that both AFOLs and kids want battle packs for army building, not collecting random rare figures) I expect Tidy is correct and we can expect the new standard to be 2 battlepacks a year for the time being.

That started with the Bounty Hunters Battle Pack in 2017, though, not just with Jedi and Clone Trooper. I think it's an oversimplification to say that any single set is responsible for long-term changes in the set lineup. But, keep in mind too that they've released two BPs per year for almost the entire run of them (2007-2014). It's only in the last couple of years that there have been so many, and they've drastically increased the number of very small sets overall with microfighters as well.

What’s this about a Yoda bust? Is there confirmation of that? Saw something about it on IG. If it’s real, I suppose it would go alongside the buildable BB-8 and Porg

Oh yeah I forgot who I saw that from but I watched a video on it. I don't know, it sounds plausible, but that's what makes me think it's fake. it combines the "brick built figure" trend with the re-release trend. It's definitely not confirmed though.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

That started with the Bounty Hunters Battle Pack in 2017, though, not just with Jedi and Clone Trooper. I think it's an oversimplification to say that any single set is responsible for long-term changes in the set lineup. But, keep in mind too that they've released two BPs per year for almost the entire run of them (2007-2014). It's only in the last couple of years that there have been so many, and they've drastically increased the number of very small sets overall with microfighters as well.

Yeah that sounds right based on what I remember. i think it has something to with the movie wave. Although you can switch up those hunters pretty well to make cantina patrons that don't all look like copies of each other.

This is kind of off topic but will action battles be replacing microfighters as the star wars theme's gimmick? I'll be sad to see them go if so, I never liked the idea but they made it easy to get desirable figs and/or good parts. I know the ski speeder one made it so much easier to fully crew the resistance bomber.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

What’s this about a Yoda bust? Is there confirmation of that? Saw something about it on IG. If it’s real, I suppose it would go alongside the buildable BB-8 and Porg

The post suggests it is set number 75255. The poster is the same one who revealed Santa Porg and Jedi Exile Luke for the advent calendar, and the account has a previous history of leaking accurately. If it is true, could it be one of the two October wave sets that were declared to be not related to Episode IX?

3 hours ago, Renown said:

The post suggests it is set number 75255. The poster is the same one who revealed Santa Porg and Jedi Exile Luke for the advent calendar, and the account has a previous history of leaking accurately. If it is true, could it be one of the two October wave sets that were declared to be not related to Episode IX?

We already know 75255 is coming in October

Interesting rumour coming from a credible source, I hope it turns out to be true. If I recall correctly we knew about BB-8 and the Porg a lot earlier than usual when compared to the other sets but I don’t think it was this early in the year.

40 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

We already know 75255 is coming in October

Interesting rumour coming from a credible source, I hope it turns out to be true. If I recall correctly we knew about BB-8 and the Porg a lot earlier than usual when compared to the other sets but I don’t think it was this early in the year.

I probably worded my previous comment a bit poorly - what I meant was, if the rumour is the truth, then that suggests 75255 is one of the two October wave sets previously confirmed to be not related to Episode IX. Apologies.

Edited by Renown

I'm curious if anybody else thinks they will now have to some how put in a set the types of storm troopers that need up dated helmets now we have a new helmet design ,The release of the drop-ship we can get the up dated shadow trooper helmets and more Storm troopers with it as well in a small set  ,but the 'Red' helmeted storm trooper and gun metal grey trooper (sorry can't remember what type of trooper they are called ,too lazy to look it up) now need up dating. I hope the new rebel pilot helmet is never seen again,all i see is something so heavy and big it would break the necks of the pilots.

I didn't like the new imperial pilot helmet for a long time.please I have most of the rebel helmets and they look right size along side the resistance helmets both bomber and fighter pilots.

I think the red tie interceptor fighter  makes me think of the Red Baron ,a must get for me. 

Love the new Biker Scout figure, although dual molded legs and white arm printing would've been nice. Been waiting for an update for this one for years, so I'm glad to get it. Wicket though...still doesn't look like Wicket, imho. Made a comparison, shouldn't be hard for lego to change the print into this:

Wicket-Comparison.jpg

Edited by snoozle

1 hour ago, snoozle said:

Love the new Biker Scout figure, although dual molded legs and white arm printing would've been nice. Been waiting for an update for this one for years, so I'm glad to get it. Wicket though...still doesn't look like Wicket, imho. Made a comparison, shouldn't be hard for lego to change the print into this:

I would totally buy that figure. It is weird that he is so off, you'd think that if nothing else that face print would be LESS complicated then the less accurate official version. 

4 hours ago, Master Jedi said:

I'm curious if anybody else thinks they will now have to some how put in a set the types of storm troopers that need up dated helmets now we have a new helmet design ,The release of the drop-ship we can get the up dated shadow trooper helmets and more Storm troopers with it as well in a small set  ,but the 'Red' helmeted storm trooper and gun metal grey trooper (sorry can't remember what type of trooper they are called ,too lazy to look it up) now need up dating.

I don't think lego "needs to some how put in a set" the stormtrooper variants without helmets. We've had so many advances in minifigure design but still have many older figures without new variants. Zam wessel still has yellow flash, for one thing! Jango Fett didn't get the updated helmet introduced in 2010 until 2013. I'm sure there's tons of other examples as well. 

yoda not a bust, but the full yoda ... along the lines of bb-8 and porg ... no price or piece known as of yet ... it is 1 of 8 coming in october ...

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

yoda not a bust, but the full yoda ... along the lines of bb-8 and porg ... no price or piece known as of yet ... it is 1 of 8 coming in october ...

Not much of a ST fan so I skipped those two, but Yoda... This is where the fun begins.

4 hours ago, Tidy said:

Figured as much. Wonder how different from 7194 it will be.. 

2 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Figured as much. Wonder how different from 7194 it will be.. 

Hopefully in scale with the 2012 R2-D2 :)