Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

If only Vonreg's interceptor was OT era and black :damn:

As much as we complain about star wars remakes the Tie Bomber and Interceptor are painfully ignored. 

The black ace TIE looks like hot garbage for 10$ less than a fully priced and complete regular TIE; I blame the crappy source material. 

Really not a fan of those miniature sized sets, really expensive and not that great looking; nice figs though. But hey, more $$$ to drop on that Tantive IV :)

Yeah, I agree - OT TIE bomber and interceptor are ridiculously overdue. 

But Vonreg's TIE does look good. Almost like the Royal guard TIE interceptors from the EU (or is that canon now, I don't remember)

Leia looks absolutely superb. Strange that they waited so long before they introduced the skirt piece.

Everything is pointing towards a remake of the UCS Tantive IV. The listed D2C set in May has 1768 pieces, wich is about 500 more than the original Tantive IV had. And that increase fits well with today's set designs / piece count (with more smaller parts, internal technic pieces, etc.).

3 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I just wanna recreate the Vader scene from Rogue One in the new Tantive.

Same, im hoping it will be closer in design to the 2008 one because i really liked how that one had an interior and escape pods!

15 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

But Vonreg's TIE does look good. Almost like the Royal guard TIE interceptors from the EU (or is that canon now, I don't remember)

Sadly those remain in the EU. I imagine Vonreg's TIE was (the producer of clone wars, rebels, resistance) Filoni's way of paying tribute to them.

1 hour ago, Brickadeer said:

Btw., did anyone recognize that the new Kashyyyk battle droid was inspired by TCW S1E1 :)?

yes. Now we just swap them with our AAT pilots that are just normal or pilot battle droids and we get more accurate droids :classic:

Someone's actually managed to get their hands on a captain antilles and is selling it on instagram. it looks like he comes with a silver pistol.

Tantive IV - is there a possibility that it will not be UCS, but some kind of Master Builder like was the Betrayal ... ?

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Someone's actually managed to get their hands on a captain antilles and is selling it on instagram. it looks like he comes with a silver pistol.

The pocket printing half off the torso onto plain legs still looks odd to me and the alternative choking face could have been better. I think Lego could have done a lot better with this one.

4 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

Tantive IV - is there a possibility that it will not be UCS, but some kind of Master Builder like was the Betrayal ... ?

Moving forward, UCS is for ships and other specific vehicles and MBS is for location based playsets. So a Tantive IV wouldn’t be MBS it would be UCS. The only way I could see it being MBS is if the build was made up of the hallways and passages ofthe ship rather than the entire blockade runner ship, which I think is unlikely and would be very disappointing.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Moving forward, UCS is for ships and other specific vehicles and MBS is for location based playsets. So a Tantive IV wouldn’t be MBS it would be UCS. The only way I could see it being MBS is if the build was made up of the hallways and passages ofthe ship rather than the entire blockade runner ship, which I think is unlikely and would be very disappointing.

The 2014 Sandcrawler was a playset and would fall into the MBS category. I could see them doing a MBS Super Star Destroyer or Mon Calamari Cruiser. 

1 minute ago, Eaglefan344 said:

The 2014 Sandcrawler was a playset and would fall into the MBS category. I could see them doing a MBS Super Star Destroyer or Mon Calamari Cruiser. 

The Sandcrawler was a specific detailed vehicle. It was officially UCS. Plus I said this is how lego is differentiating MOVING FORWARD. They said so specifically. Betrayal At Cloud City was officially the first Master Builder Series set. Moving forward, sets of a location based playset style like Cloud City, Assault On Hoth, and Ewok Village will be branded Master Builder Series. A Star Destroyer would be UCS unless the build consists only the inside of the ship. If we got an entire detailed Star Destroyer, it would be UCS. 

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The Sandcrawler was a specific detailed vehicle. It was officially UCS. Plus I said this is how lego is differentiating MOVING FORWARD. They said so specifically. Betrayal At Cloud City was officially the first Master Builder Series set. Moving forward, sets of a location based playset style like Cloud City, Assault On Hoth, and Ewok Village will be branded Master Builder Series. A Star Destroyer would be UCS unless the build consists only the inside of the ship. If we got an entire detailed Star Destroyer, it would be UCS. 

Assault on Hoth is officially UCS. I'm just saying the Sandcrawler is more in line with Assault on Hoth & Death Star rather than with the UCS ships.

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

No, that isn't correct. The Sandcrawler was UCS because MBS didn't exist then, but the official statement was:

"The Master Builder Series models are large playsets and beside being complex builds they are characterized by having many play features and functions, interior details as well as a range of minifigures. Ultimate Collectors series will remain highly detailed display models providing complex builds with a focus on authenticity and both Ultimate Collectors Series and Master Builder Series will continue as a way to highlight the unique characteristic of each style of model."

Nowhere is a distinction made between vehicles and locations, and such a distinction wouldn't make any sense. Something like the Sandcrawler in minifigure scale with play features would almost certainly be MBS, not UCS, and something like a display model of the Jedi Temple would be UCS, not MBS.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I do like how leia looks now. The Tantive IV theory still has legs to stand on as Antilles would never be in anything but that, Yavin 4 :drool:, or the advent calendar, the latter 2 we can tentatively rule out.

Storm trooper han probably isn't from a polybag as we know those now, but he could be from something else or just fake. There's no new pieces or prints, after all.

Also anyone else confused as to why Rey has a heckin stud shooter in the duel set? 

Do we know the Minifigure polybags? Havent heard about any

30 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Assault on Hoth is officially UCS. I'm just saying the Sandcrawler is more in line with Assault on Hoth & Death Star rather than with the UCS ships.

I know Assault On Hoth is officially UCS. But how is the Sandcrawler more similar to those? That’s just not true

29 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

No, that isn't correct. The Sandcrawler was UCS because MBS didn't exist then, but the official statement was:

"The Master Builder Series models are large playsets and beside being complex builds they are characterized by having many play features and functions, interior details as well as a range of minifigures. Ultimate Collectors series will remain highly detailed display models providing complex builds with a focus on authenticity and both Ultimate Collectors Series and Master Builder Series will continue as a way to highlight the unique characteristic of each style of model."

Nowhere is a distinction made between vehicles and locations, and such a distinction wouldn't make any sense. Something like the Sandcrawler in minifigure scale with play features would almost certainly be MBS, not UCS, and something like a display model of the Jedi Temple would be UCS, not MBS.

I completely disagree. Minifigures doesn’t make a difference. Both UCS and MBS have Minifigures now. The Sandcrawler is a highly detailed display piece. It’s much more in line with something like the Slave I than with something like Assault On Hoth. The focus of the Sandcrawler wasn’t the minifigures, it was the Sandcrawler itself.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I know Assault On Hoth is officially UCS. But how is the Sandcrawler more similar to those? That’s just not true

I completely disagree. Minifigures doesn’t make a difference. Both UCS and MBS have Minifigures now. The Sandcrawler is a highly detailed display piece. It’s much more in line with something like the Slave I than with something like Assault On Hoth. The focus of the Sandcrawler wasn’t the minifigures, it was the Sandcrawler itself.

Look at the inside of the Sandcrawler. Play features. Also doesn't have the plaque that all the UCS display sets have. 

Just now, Eaglefan344 said:

Look at the inside of the Sandcrawler. Play features. Also doesn't have the plaque that all the UCS display sets have. 

The box literally said “Ultimate Collector Series” on it. And most UCS sets have some play features. Doesn’t make them MBS. But we should end this discussion because it doesn’t really belong in this thread.  In the end, does it matter? Lego made it complicated and so everyone kinda has a different opinion on what belongs in what category. So let’s just let it be and get back to talking about 2019 sets, I shouldn’t have started a conversation that doesn’t belong in this thread anyway. 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The box literally said “Ultimate Collector Series” on it. And most UCS sets have some play features. Doesn’t make them MBS. But we should end this discussion because it doesn’t really belong in this thread.  In the end, does it matter? Lego made it complicated and so everyone kinda has a different opinion on what belongs in what category. So let’s just let it be and get back to talking about 2019 sets, I shouldn’t have started a conversation that doesn’t belong in this thread anyway. 

Thankfully they created the MBS line so we don't have to have these discussions in the future. 

I wonder if TLG would use the new cone pieces used in the UCS MF cockpit to make the perhaps-coming Tantive IV's cockpit.

Just now, Eaglefan344 said:

Thankfully they created the MBS line so we don't have to have these discussions in the future. 

Exactly, and I personally hope that this alleged Tantive IV is a UCS display set, it’s long overdue

Just now, Terrasher said:

I wonder if TLG would use the new cone pieces used in the UCS MF cockpit to make the perhaps-coming Tantive IV's cockpit.

That could work, it would make it wider than the traditional cone pieces which would be more accurate

51 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Do we know the Minifigure polybags? Havent heard about any

I meant more so polybags in general, as we have the 20th podracer and the naboo starfighter. Oh god no watch stormtrooper han be the may the 4th promo. :sing:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I meant more so polybags in general, as we have the 20th podracer and the naboo starfighter. Oh god no watch stormtrooper han be the may the 4th promo. :sing:

As disappointing as that would be, I'd still prefer it to the brick-built droids we've had the last two years.... but it's senseless to speculate without any information on it, especially since we'll probably have something concrete within a couple of weeks at most.

5 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

As disappointing as that would be, I'd still prefer it to the brick-built droids we've had the last two years.... but it's senseless to speculate without any information on it, especially since we'll probably have something concrete within a couple of weeks at most.

I’m definitely ready for them to go back to releasing exclusive minifigs as a May 4th promo instead of these brick built droids. They’re kinda cool, but I would MUCH rather get an exclusive minifigure. Hopefully this will be the year 

An option for the Tantive IV (if real) would be to have an UCS highly detailed exterior and an MBS playable interior. I think the balance of the Sand Crawler is actually a very good one. Let's see...

Just now, dvogon said:

An option for the Tantive IV (if real) would be to have an UCS highly detailed exterior and an MBS playable interior. I think the balance of the Sand Crawler is actually a very good one. Let's see...

Yes take my money!

On 2/16/2019 at 12:37 PM, ToaDraco said:

Edit: Looking at Slave I again they messed up the build for the top section of the cockpit. That whole chunk is a stud higher than it should be, no wonder why it looked odd to me. Jeeze, do the people setting these up only get like 10 minutes to set these up? 

Yeah, it looked weird and I had to play spot the difference between the model and the box art to figure out what went wrong.

On 2/16/2019 at 2:42 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

The boxes for those 20th anniversary sets hit me right in the nostalgia

Aren't they just great!

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Yes, at least we'd get something at the same scale as the rest of our collection. And I was more so joking about him being the polybag, but looking back on it we did get a normal first order stormtrooper. But yeah, we should wait for concrete information.

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I do like how leia looks now. The Tantive IV theory still has legs to stand on as Antilles would never be in anything but that, Yavin 4 :drool:, or the advent calendar, the latter 2 we can tentatively rule out.

Storm trooper han probably isn't from a polybag as we know those now, but he could be from something else or just fake. There's no new pieces or prints, after all.

Also anyone else confused as to why Rey has a heckin stud shooter in the duel set? 

I think the stud shooter will be supposed to be used to represent Rey grabbing the lightsaber from the snow. Either that or it’s for kids to play Rey or Ren solving the fight the “Indiana Jones” way ?