Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

24 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I haven’t really paid much attention to Ninjago sets so I didn’t know that, but it’s pretty nice looking in that color

Ninjago City is not just 'a Ninjago set'. Ordinary Ninjago is fairly run of the mill stuff, mostly popular with children, some AFOLs too. Ninjago City, however, is possibly the greatest Lego set ever made. It is huge, insanely detailed and will appeal to fans of Blade Runner, William Gibson, roofs, canals, pink trees, families and Uruk-Hai swords...:classic:

Some new polybags have leaked of it and the naboo starfighter. We might see a GWP with the 20th wave then. Podracer looks ok to me, but I don't like the naboo starfighter just because we get SO MANY micro or minifigure scale sets of that thing.

Anyone know if the resistance and action battle sets come out on april 20th too or will those be a different time?

Just now, Renegade Clone said:

So the reported price for the Scout trooper set is $30 ????!?? :(

those cannons and missiles apparently aren't cheap ...

I'll be getting the sweet new Slave I as I just managed to flog my old 8097 off to someone for only a few dollars less than I paid for it new (never got the UCS version as I prefer playsets to vehicles at that price point). Wouldn't surprise me if Zuckuss turns up in a cheaper set later though like from the Mandalorian TV series.

Also a Drop Ship for the cheap new stormies.

Maybe the Episode III walker as I like the minibuilds and the sweet 20th Anniversary Vader.

Haven't see Resistance yet so no real interest in those sets although the Red Interceptor makes me wish for an Imperial version...

My son is 10 years old, and loves Lego Hoth Rebel Troopers.  He thinks the new color scheme is great, as it offers a different look for his troops.  He will be able to diversify his army even more and build a "special force unit" as he called it; he's already going through our spare head collection looking for ways to individualize these new figs even more to his liking.    

5 hours ago, BimmerBoy said:

My son is 10 years old, and loves Lego Hoth Rebel Troopers.  He thinks the new color scheme is great, as it offers a different look for his troops.  He will be able to diversify his army even more and build a "special force unit" as he called it; he's already going through our spare head collection looking for ways to individualize these new figs even more to his liking.    

Aww that's too cute :) I personally don't like them as I don't think they're as screen accurate as the last version and I think they stick out like a sore thumb in the snow, but that is my subjective opinion. I do like the look of the new Snowtroopers though, although the dark tan hands baffle me. ?

Well that Leia with printed dress piece along with the Antilles pic certainly seems to suggest the Tantive IV will be with us shortly.

With adding this piece I would hope they'd consider dual moulding C3PO's leg. That would pretty much finish that figure off for now. Especially as they've done the exact same thing with Mad Eye Moody on the HP sets.

Amazing how one piece can drastically improve the look of a minifigure. The new printed dress has really perfected classic Leia in Lego form! There's really nothing more they can do to improve on her. It's just a shame they didn't include it earlier in the Death Star Escape set but hopefully it will find plenty of use in the future.

Leia looks awesome and paired with Capt. Antilles, it's a hint towards Tantive IV. But if it's paired with the new Han Solo Stormtrooper leaked a while ago (or was this just Detention Block Rescue Solo with a new helmet?), the Tantive IV theory goes down the trash compactor...

32 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Leia looks awesome and paired with Capt. Antilles, it's a hint towards Tantive IV. But if it's paired with the new Han Solo Stormtrooper leaked a while ago (or was this just Detention Block Rescue Solo with a new helmet?), the Tantive IV theory goes down the trash compactor...

I do like how leia looks now. The Tantive IV theory still has legs to stand on as Antilles would never be in anything but that, Yavin 4 :drool:, or the advent calendar, the latter 2 we can tentatively rule out.

Storm trooper han probably isn't from a polybag as we know those now, but he could be from something else or just fake. There's no new pieces or prints, after all.

Also anyone else confused as to why Rey has a heckin stud shooter in the duel set? 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Leia looks very nice. Another new two-sided face on a Rebel Fleet Trooper would be a great follow up if it's definitely Tantive IV.

If only Vonreg's interceptor was OT era and black :damn:

As much as we complain about star wars remakes the Tie Bomber and Interceptor are painfully ignored. 

The black ace TIE looks like hot garbage for 10$ less than a fully priced and complete regular TIE; I blame the crappy source material. 

Really not a fan of those miniature sized sets, really expensive and not that great looking; nice figs though. But hey, more $$$ to drop on that Tantive IV :)

Leia looks pretty amazing. Looking forward to owning that.

Not too much from the April wave catches my eye. Saves me some money again (and the inevitable 'not more lego' conversation).

19 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

If only Vonreg's interceptor was OT era and black :damn:

As much as we complain about star wars remakes the Tie Bomber and Interceptor are painfully ignored. 

The black ace TIE looks like hot garbage for 10$ less than a fully priced and complete regular TIE; I blame the crappy source material. 

I agree with you that we need the OT interceptor and bomber, but I think that the TIE looks rather nice. Overpriced and going to sell terribly, along with black ace and possibly the action battle sets? Without a doubt. Hot garbage, I'm not so sure.

43 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

Btw., did anyone recognize that the new Kashyyyk battle droid was inspired by TCW S1E1 :)?

I don't think I'd say inspired by... there was talk earlier about how it's annoying that LEGO is calling the figures by the wrong name, and that while it's good to see more variation in the CIS ground forces they could've done a slightly better job, by, for example, putting the AAT driver droid in an AAT.