Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The first NYTF pictures have surfaced :thumbup: Vonreg‘s TIE looks ace! And the anniversary boxart is just gorgeous :wub:

Edited by Lego-Freak

So the new Hoth Echo Base set looks like someone has stuck paintball markers all over it, but I'm sure kids will love that AT-AT for play even though from an AFOL perspective it looks blocky and awkward.

And the box art for the new Endor set makes Wicket look like Superman. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

Not particularly sold on the Endor set. Will need to see some clearer images of the speeder bike to decide if the set would be worth buying multiples of. 

Vonreg, Black Ace and Slave I = must buy. Need closer look on the other sets, but the shooters already look interesting. Are those completely new parts or did LEGO use 'em in other lines?

I do love Star Wars Lego, of course, and will probably continue to collect some of it. But I do think the standard of the sets has been getting weaker and weaker in aesthetic terms. 

I really enjoyed the Sequel films buy in my opinion they made for dull sets because of the film makers design choices. And now we get scrappy small scenes or shooter games or very blocky looking Tie Fighter thingys.

Looking back to when I started collecting...I don't have all these, but where are sets as interesting and creative as Palpatine's Arrest, Drop Ship + AT-OT, Jabba's Palace, Bounty Hunter Gunship, even a nice B-wing? Sorry for the rant, just my few cents worth.

Just now, Retro said:

I do love Star Wars Lego, of course, and will probably continue to collect some of it. But I do think the standard of the sets has been getting weaker and weaker in aesthetic terms. 

I really enjoyed the Sequel films buy in my opinion they made for dull sets because of the film makers design choices. And now we get scrappy small scenes or shooter games or very blocky looking Tie Fighter thingys.

Looking back to when I started collecting...I don't have all these, but where are sets as interesting and creative as Palpatine's Arrest, Drop Ship + AT-OT, Jabba's Palace, Bounty Hunter Gunship, even a nice B-wing? Sorry for the rant, just my few cents worth.

I know where you are coming from ... all the NYTF pics have helped me do is add sets to the list of sets that I won't be getting. Seeing as it was the 20th anniversary this year, I was hoping for a Republic Gunship or some more prequel love, but this is the weakest year by far for me. But I have tried to look at it from a kids perspective and think what they might love. Still, I know as a kid when Lego did gimmicky things like the shooter sets I would hate it. I wanted Lego to be Lego otherwise I would buy another product. I'm sure they will have a place in the market, but the standard of sets this year does sadden me somewhat.

Really like that Hoth set, thinking if the Shield Generator set looks good too I’ll grab both, pull off the targets, and just have a midi scale Battle of Hoth display.

ughhh ... I cant believe this ... is this seriously LEGO - Star Wars ??? ... please don´t take me wrong, but the look of the sets is weak even for kids ... when I was a kid and was playing with LEGO mostly space theme, I was enjoing the design and look of it ...

I agree this year's lineup of sets has been fairly underwhelming. I've barely bought anything from the winter wave and out of the upcoming sets only Slave I and Anakin's Podracer interest me. Vonreg's TIE Interceptor looks awesome but I'd rather wait for the inevitable Imperial redesign.

1 minute ago, diepotato47 said:

Really like that Hoth set, thinking if the Shield Generator set looks good too I’ll grab both, pull off the targets, and just have a midi scale Battle of Hoth display.

Zusammengebaut are reporting from NYTF and they have a video up which shows all the sets in pretty good detail. You can see both Hoth sets. :)

https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-lego-news-new-york-toy-fair-2019-65216/

Hmmmm....it looks like Stormtroopers might be getting a redesign for episode 9 looking at Major Vonreg's TIE

Just now, DarthLeapyous said:

Hmmmm....it looks like Stormtroopers might be getting a redesign for episode 9 looking at Major Vonreg's TIE

oops my bad he's from the cartoon series

Just now, DarthLeapyous said:

Nah, Resistance takes place before/during episode 7. Nothing that has an impact on episode 9 at least.

But that aside I think I'm going to skip all those sets, even the anniversary ones. They're really worth my money. I'm just going to save up for episode 9.

Not impressed by the "action" sets. I know they're supposed to be for kids, but I generally feel like you can compromise between play and display. It's not even the bright coloured targets that look bad, the sets just look unfinished being honest.

35 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Zusammengebaut are reporting from NYTF and they have a video up which shows all the sets in pretty good detail. You can see both Hoth sets. :)

https://zusammengebaut.com/live-ticker-lego-news-new-york-toy-fair-2019-65216/

Cheers!

I liked that they’ve put the figs with the wrong builds lol But that looks like a great little kit!

Black Ace's TIE looks really unique! I don't watch the show but I just might pick that one up.

Vonreg's TIE looks overly bulky from the pictures, but I'll wait for more pics before judging the set!

Lego you could of done so much better for that Endor set. Remake Speeder Bikes, give us a flesh Endor Luke, add one of those Ewok hanggliders and you would have had a great set to go with the Ewok Village. But this set is plain ugly. I don't think these sets are going to do to well with kids, they look ridiculously small that Hoth set can not be $60. Remember back the old Echo Base which is like twice the size of this one and went for the same price? This is getting ridiculous. The only sets I'm eyeballing this year are the Podracer and Tantive IV which is down from last year's Ahch-To Training, Yoda's Hut, X Wing, Mos Eisley Cantina and Betrayal At Cloud City. I feel like my money is better spent on other themes honestly even Lego Star Wars is my fav.

1 hour ago, Retro said:

No, don't be sorry, ur absolutely right, this year is the worst by far since I started to collect, there is nothing I have wanted to buy as of yet this year (except battle packs which I basically always buy anyway). From the endor and hoth sets I didn't expect anything, but the resistance sets....

The builds are ok, not more, but the minifigure selection is terrible, only three new figures from the series (not counting some shitty droids) and another Poe Dameron, really?

PS. Really hope there is a summer wave also, so there is at least something to heal the wounds with, there are no larger sets so far this year (only semi-large is the Slave I) so it shouldn't be totally uncalled for. 

Edited by Sneakguest

Well none of upcoming sets looks good.  It's been years that Lego SW sets are on the downhill. It is very sad because they also are more and more expensive.

Some people moaning about the endor and both sets need to remember they’re not supposed to be regular sets, they’re a children shooting game.

23 minutes ago, RODDY said:

, add one of those Ewok hanggliders and you would have had a great set to go with the Ewok Village. 

They’re not designing a child’s shooting game to go well with an expensive collectors set. Did anyone seriously expect these sets to be ‘actual’ regular sets. I always thought it was quite clear they’d have a fun chibi aspect to them with big targets. Atleast there’s a new scout trooper and accurate shield generator for those that are interested.

17 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

PS. Really hope there is a summer wave also, so there is at least something to heal the wounds with, there are no larger sets so far this year (only semi-large is the Slave I) so it shouldn't be totally uncalled for. 

SET                USD            PIECE            NAME
NUMBER                           COUNT

SEPTEMBER

75245             $39.99         280                ADVENT CALENDAR [SANTA PORG, CC PILOT, FO STORMTROOPER, + MORE]
75253             $129.99       1177              *CONF 'JAWS' [NOT EP 9]

OCTOBER

75246             $xxxxx        xxxx               *CONF
75248             $xxxxx        xxxx               *CONF           
75249             $xxxxx        xxxx               *CONF            

75250             $xxxxx        xxxx               *CONF            
75254             $xxxxx        xxxx               *CONF
75255             $xxxxx        xxxx               *CONF
75256             $xxxxx        xxxx               *CONF
75257             $xxxxx        xxxx               *CONF

D2C

75244             $xxxxx        1768               *CONF [LIKELY MAY 4TH]
75252             $xxxxx        4782               *CONF_Direct_Oct

there is no 'summer wave' ... what you see above is what remains for '19, barring a few possible exclusives ... the october stuff will probably start fleshing itself out soon - no, mustafar duel is not among them.

Edited by Tidy

" 75245             $39.99         280                ADVENT CALENDAR [SANTA PORG, CC PILOT, FO STORMTROOPER, + MORE] "

"CC PILOT" ? Clone commander pilot ? Confidential clone pilot ?

Just now, w219 said:

" 75245             $39.99         280                ADVENT CALENDAR [SANTA PORG, CC PILOT, FO STORMTROOPER, + MORE] "

"CC PILOT" ? Clone commander pilot ? Confidential clone pilot ?

cloud car ...

Just now, w219 said:

Well none of upcoming sets looks good.  It's been years that Lego SW sets are on the downhill. It is very sad because they also are more and more expensive.

Yes. I really had more fun doing my own Jango Fett Slave 1 modification (photos in the other thread) than I would have had buying any of these new sets I think! That's got to be bad news for Lego when their current sets are so bland I don't want to buy them? And my son, who is Lego mad like me,  has nearly zero interest in Star Wars sets, be they Juniors, target games or whatever. So I wonder if they are struggling to reach children with Star Wars?

46 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Some people moaning about the endor and both sets need to remember they’re not supposed to be regular sets, they’re a children shooting game.

They’re not designing a child’s shooting game to go well with an expensive collectors set. Did anyone seriously expect these sets to be ‘actual’ regular sets. I always thought it was quite clear they’d have a fun chibi aspect to them with big targets. Atleast there’s a new scout trooper and accurate shield generator for those that are interested.

I don't understand this logic at all. Legos are for kids why make these dumb down sets for them. If I was a kid, I wouldn't want that set at all. Kids aren't as dumb as people think they are. They can handle regular system sets. You never saw this nonsense back in the heyday of Lego Star Wars. Kids want big toys, they want something that will make them say wow. Not little chibis. And for that $60 price point, they should be getting alot more which will discourage parents from buying them. They'll just buy the next COD instead, and I would too. Lego need to start beefing their sets up if they want people to stay for the prices they have been charging. Soon enough it will start biting them. The collectors won't support them either if there isn't enough variety. 

Edited by RODDY