Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

And Rey still has the same faceprint as ever :wall: Come on, she has more expressions than that! At least the set itself looks neat and the playfunction with the crumbling ground is nicely realized :thumbup:

The article is still available for viewing in amazon italy, B07FNSB9H4
I think Rey is the same figure that we already knew from other sets like 75105, 75148, 75178 and 75192
However Kylo, seems to be the new figure that was filtered a few months ago in IG with the new scar, although in the photo of amazon only the tearing of the clothes is appreciated. I imagine that it will have a double face and in the photo you can only see the face that does not have a scar.

Starkiller duel is ok at best, same old Rey figure but new damaged Kylo which is great. But overall I think it’s the weakest 20-30$ diorama style set we’ve gotten since 2016.

Edited by benderisgreat

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So there's a leak going around showing what is supposedly the Kylo vs. Rey Duel. It looks weird, though, and not like an actual set. Thoughts?

Well, that's £19.99 saved!

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I just got the AT-AP yesterday, I'm very glad I finally decided to get one. This is certainly the best one yet and it looks so much better in person. There's something very satisfying about how all the panels lineup just right and the inclusion of the fairly new 1x2 curved tile with notch brings the whole front section together. I was never a huge fan of the AT-AP's design but now that I have a physical manifestation of it in hand I'm sold on it. It looks great with the new Droid Gunship and the rest of my Clone Wars display. I greatly look forward to adding the new AT-RT set to the battle of Kashyyyk side of the shelf! 

Same lol. I really like the set but i wish it came with another scout trooper instead of chewbacca.

Darn! Was really hoping for a closed-eye Rey head. Cool little set but probably a pass for me as well. Doubly disappointing is that Kylo no longer comes with the cool cloth piece that was very useful. 

Edited by Bardan_Jusik
Oops

1 hour ago, Panthro said:

Well, that's £19.99 saved!

Same here. I'm really disappointed. They didn't update rey, kylo's missing the ripped cape, the trees look way to short and thick, and it just overall feels like more of a moc then a set. And then theres a random stud shooter for some reason. I won't be buying this as i already have rey and kylo figures. 

So weird to see most of you are negative about this set, but I love the build and think it's the perfect display piece. It's more like a small MOC vignette and doesn't focus that much on play features which makes it look so much better. It just looks finished and wouldn't look out of place on a desk or something. Of course they could have updated Rey, but it's a small set so I didn't expect them to (although they did give Kylo a new face). 

Anyway, can't wait for it to come out :vader:

I feel like the problem here isn’t the quality but rather the quantity. I thought the trees would be a little taller so that one could knock them over like in the film. It’s definitely one of those sets you’d have to buy 2 one 3 of to make something more substantial, but then even doing that would set you back about £60.

Just average if it's the right one... too small. It's more like a microfighters dual pack. 

I think kids will love this set. 2 main characters and a small rendition of an iconic scene. As others have said, I just wish the trees were taller to be able to knock them down. Works well for a showdown with Wolverine in the woods of Canada outside of the Weapon X facility or something.

I’ve been trying to collect the main characters of the saga so this alongside the microfighers escape pod set with r2d2 and c3po, is great.

40 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I think kids will love this set. 2 main characters and a small rendition of an iconic scene. As others have said, I just wish the trees were taller to be able to knock them down. Works well for a showdown with Wolverine in the woods of Canada outside of the Weapon X facility or something.

I’ve been trying to collect the main characters of the saga so this alongside the microfighers escape pod set with r2d2 and c3po, is great.

I'm a very positive person in general, but in terms of lego, it's very hard not to get a bit pissed of when they continuously release more or less the same figures over and over. I don't understand how it was hard to collect Kylo and Rey before, they have been in so many sets already that even if you don't buy the whole set, u can get them for a couple of bucks each on bricklink.

10 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I just got the AT-AP yesterday, I'm very glad I finally decided to get one. This is certainly the best one yet and it looks so much better in person. There's something very satisfying about how all the panels lineup just right and the inclusion of the fairly new 1x2 curved tile with notch brings the whole front section together. I was never a huge fan of the AT-AP's design but now that I have a physical manifestation of it in hand I'm sold on it. It looks great with the new Droid Gunship and the rest of my Clone Wars display. I greatly look forward to adding the new AT-RT set to the battle of Kashyyyk side of the shelf! 

Hi, would you recommend this set to those that only have the 2007 edition? I like the in-universe vehicle but I don't know if this new AT-AP is really worthful for me at 75€, since I already own the 7671 and the mingifgs are not really exciting. 

What more do you want? It's a $20 set with 191 pieces, which is a great price. You get aan amaziamazing build with new Kylo. The only bummer is Rey.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

So MnR who leaked Vader castle just teased a Mustafar set in the summer wave. If it's true I'm really excited for summer wave.

if anything it would be 2020 ...

6 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So MnR who leaked Vader castle just teased a Mustafar set in the summer wave. If it's true I'm really excited for summer wave.

There is no Summer wave as far as we know, unless you mean the April wave :wink:

3 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

So weird to see most of you are negative about this set, but I love the build and think it's the perfect display piece. It's more like a small MOC vignette and doesn't focus that much on play features which makes it look so much better. It just looks finished and wouldn't look out of place on a desk or something. Of course they could have updated Rey, but it's a small set so I didn't expect them to (although they did give Kylo a new face). 

Anyway, can't wait for it to come out :vader:

Pretty sure all of Kylo's prints are new. The torso and legs both feature tears and scrapes from battle damage.

I agree though, it's a nice little vignette and I hope they do more of these. It's a cheap way to get important characters and it works really well as a display, similar to 75229.

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There is no Summer wave as far as we know, unless you mean the April wave :wink:

Who knows, maybe there is and we don't know yet? But who cares? I just want Anakin vs Obi-Wan duel set! Btw he said he'll make full video about this set soon.

Edited by benderisgreat

The set is nice granted but nothing special here and feels like a waste of a slot. 

Mustafar duel set would be incredible. Only time will tell.

52 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well there was this "jaws" set rumored about, so at least it seems like there is something for the summer, but if that is an entire wave or just a single set, there is no information about here yet. 

3 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well there was this "jaws" set rumored about, so at least it seems like there is something for the summer, but if that is an entire wave or just a single set, there is no information about here yet. 

jaws is not mustafar. jaws is something 'new and different' ... 

13 minutes ago, Tidy said:

You mean the Lego Boost R2-D2?

28 minutes ago, Tidy said:

In theory, that must firmly rule out it being re-release.