Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

It would be so funny if Finch Dallow came in £10 micro-fighter set in a future wave...

Edited by Brick2x4

1 hour ago, Brick2x4 said:

It would be so funny if Finch Dallow came in £10 micro-fighter set in a future wave...

I've not followed the Finch Dallow story, but why don't people just buy the set version where he is in, or is that one also more or less impossible to get? I did just decided that I would not collect episode VII-IX pilots so don't really need him, though the head would be nice for customs.

21 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I've not followed the Finch Dallow story, but why don't people just buy the set version where he is in, or is that one also more or less impossible to get? I did just decided that I would not collect episode VII-IX pilots so don't really need him, though the head would be nice for customs.

To sum it up, the Finch Dallow fig is a replacement for the anonymous pilot in 75188 Resistance Bomber, but the change was completely unannounced by lego and was made on the last leg of the life of the set, when most people already bought one copy. Also, the "new" 75188 seems to be quite rare, I had no report on this forum of somebody seeing it on a shelf (the boxart was updated) so the only way to get it buying the set is to purchase one online and hope to get the Dallow version - still a gamble.

3 hours ago, Per_SW said:

To sum it up, the Finch Dallow fig is a replacement for the anonymous pilot in 75188 Resistance Bomber, but the change was completely unannounced by lego and was made on the last leg of the life of the set, when most people already bought one copy. Also, the "new" 75188 seems to be quite rare, I had no report on this forum of somebody seeing it on a shelf (the boxart was updated) so the only way to get it buying the set is to purchase one online and hope to get the Dallow version - still a gamble.

Haven't people gotten figures from Lego support?

I tried contacting US Lego support and am awaiting a response. I hope they know what I am talking about, as I basically had to describe how new production runs had a different figure - given he's not even officially named Finch Dallow by Lego, I hope that they'll understand what I'm saying and be able to send him...

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

It's worse than that, actually--it didn't become public knowledge that the figure had been changed until after the set had already been discontinued. Somebody reported last month that they were still on shelves at Toys'R'Us in Canada, but I checked every LEGO store in a major US city and was told that they hadn't had any on shelves for weeks. Sets are available online, but you don't have any way to know whether you'll get the new or the old version; I bought a new set from the only online store that had pictures of the new pilot but received the old version. LEGO customer service was giving some people figures (mine supposedly shipped a week ago--fingers crossed...), but they seem to be cracking down on that now that people have started abusing it. So unless you take a road trip to somewhere and find some still on shelves, there's no way to get a figure other than paying more than what the set itself costs on EBay.

Just now, legozebra said:

I tried contacting US Lego support and am awaiting a response. I hope they know what I am talking about, as I basically had to describe how new production runs had a different figure - given he's not even officially named Finch Dallow by Lego, I hope that they'll understand what I'm saying and be able to send him...

You can get the part numbers by looking at the set on Bricks and Pieces (or looking for where somebody posted them a couple pages back in this thread). That will at least let you unambiguously specify what you want. Good luck.

All this Finch talk...this is pertaining to an item from a 2019 set right?  Because if it is not from a 2019 set...there would be a separate thread about it.  I would hate to have to shut this thread down because people were misusing it, or remove quite a few members for carrying on a conversation where it really doesn't belong.

2019 Star Wars set discussion is for discussing the 2019 Star Wars sets...not sure how that got misconstrued...

17 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

All this Finch talk...this is pertaining to an item from a 2019 set right?  Because if it is not from a 2019 set...there would be a separate thread about it.  I would hate to have to shut this thread down because people were misusing it, or remove quite a few members for carrying on a conversation where it really doesn't belong.

2019 Star Wars set discussion is for discussing the 2019 Star Wars sets...not sure how that got misconstrued...

That might depend how you define it... the Resistance Bomber set the figure comes in was released in 2017. Pictures of the new figure first came out in the middle of 2018, and it was widely reported to be from a 2019 set, since at the time it wasn't known what set it would be in; that's why it's here. It wasn't until January that we learned that it had been added to an older set.

S@H got back to me - apparently they are sold out of all the figure parts and don’t plan to make more, except the helmet, which they are sending to me. I guess that’s not nothing, but I dunno what I’m going to do with just the helmet and no figure... 

3 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

It’s not a 2019 set but it is definitely a 2019 situation, since this just came to light.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s not a 2019 set but it is definitely a 2019 situation, since this just came to light.

Agreed. I understand it's not relevant to everyone, but it's certainly a current issue, and a baffling and annoying one at that. 

5 hours ago, Procrastinathan said:

Agreed. I understand it's not relevant to everyone, but it's certainly a current issue, and a baffling and annoying one at that. 

I agree with you guys it’s a 2019 situation but it should be in a different thread.  Am personally getting annoyed at the pages and pages of “Finch talk” and no new info on 2019 sets.  Meanwhile I’m still taking the time to read through all these new posts about Finch to see if there’s actually something relevant to what this thread is actually supposed to be about.  Move Finch to a new thread.  I don’t care.

Edited by Skyhammer

4 hours ago, Skyhammer said:

I agree with you guys it’s a 2019 situation but it should be in a different thread.  Am personally getting annoyed at the pages and pages of “Finch talk” and no new info on 2019 sets.  Meanwhile I’m still taking the time to read through all these new posts about Finch to see if there’s actually something relevant to what this thread is actually supposed to be about.  Move Finch to a new thread.  I don’t care.

Agreed. I bet half the people complaining about the switch couldn’t give two sh!ts about the resistance bomber until it contained a ‘rare’ minifig. 

So as to not derail this discussion anymore, I have created a thread to discuss the Finch Dallow minifig situation further.

I must say, seeing the anniversary sets I don't think I've ever been less excited for a Lego SW wave.

8 minutes ago, Calanon said:

I must say, seeing the anniversary sets I don't think I've ever been less excited for a Lego SW wave.

I agree. This year’s offerings have been quite lacklustre in my opinion.

I’m hopeful that the EPIX lineup for Force Friday will be worth the wait, especially as we won’t be getting a summer wave this time round. 

I have a similar feeling. For me the best set is the Slave I, the quality and figures is up to the 20th anniversary. Although I have the UCS Slave I, I'll get it for my children for playing, as the UCS one is too big for them. 

And I'll have the excuse to finish my bounty hunters gang :excited:.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:38 PM, dvogon said:

I have a similar feeling. For me the best set is the Slave I, the quality and figures is up to the 20th anniversary. Although I have the UCS Slave I, I'll get it for my children for playing, as the UCS one is too big for them. 

And I'll have the excuse to finish my bounty hunters gang :excited:.

I don't know. I feel the kashyyyk set and dropship are both good for the price, and while I adore the new slave 1 model and sorely need one, I think it's incredibly overpriced.

But yeah, Zuckuss's inclusion is what pushes me over the edge to buy it, as broke as I'll be.:grin:

On 2/8/2019 at 11:57 PM, Skyhammer said:

Perfectly stated. It should have its own topic.

No more Finch talk in here please. Thank you.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:30 AM, Calanon said:

So as to not derail this discussion anymore, I have created a thread to discuss the Finch Dallow minifig situation further.

Thank you very much!

Sorry to be blunt... but why does everyone care so much about a 100% pointless character from The Last Jedi that no one ever even knew existed in the first place?

I know the figure is hard to find but don't get why this obsession has lasted multiple pages.

I just got the AT-AP yesterday, I'm very glad I finally decided to get one. This is certainly the best one yet and it looks so much better in person. There's something very satisfying about how all the panels lineup just right and the inclusion of the fairly new 1x2 curved tile with notch brings the whole front section together. I was never a huge fan of the AT-AP's design but now that I have a physical manifestation of it in hand I'm sold on it. It looks great with the new Droid Gunship and the rest of my Clone Wars display. I greatly look forward to adding the new AT-RT set to the battle of Kashyyyk side of the shelf! 

9 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So there's a leak going around showing what is supposedly the Kylo vs. Rey Duel. It looks weird, though, and not like an actual set. Thoughts?

I agree on weird, but not necessarily that it doesn't look like an actual set. It's a little display piece rather than a playset, unless it has some kind of motion feature that isn't clear from the picture. Very small for $20, but I like it; it would go well on a desk.

Not sold on the Kylo vs Rey set. Its not bad as a small display piece but really doesn't look substantial enough to be worth the price. Seeing that I can make this set with the spare parts I already have makes this one an easy pass.

27 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So there's a leak going around showing what is supposedly the Kylo vs. Rey Duel. It looks weird, though, and not like an actual set. Thoughts?

It's a nice little display but there just isn't enough new or interesting for me to pick it up. I do hope they continue to make these sorts of location-based sets though. Heck, if they ever did one for something like the droid factory on Geonosis I'd probably get it.

Hmm, I kinda agree with the opinion that it doesn't look like a real set. It would certainly be a weird direction for them to go, although I guess no matter what it was going to be a weird set

Edited by Magmafrost