Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Everything about the UCS except the number of parts is completely unsubstantiated speculation.

Say it again for the people in the back

6 hours ago, wesker said:

75253 (Codenamed "Jaws") will cost $130 and include 1177 pieces. The box size is estimated to be about the same as the First Order Star Destroyer.

Maybe Home-One in Nanofig-scale like the Rexcelsior?

I can't imagine why they would make a UCS Tantive IV with only 1177 pieces and at $130 when we got a 1700 piece snowspeeder at $200.  It should be at least as big as the other recent UCS sets, if not bigger.

5 minutes ago, TheRacker said:

I can't imagine why they would make a UCS Tantive IV with only 1177 pieces and at $130 when we got a 1700 piece snowspeeder at $200.  It should be at least as big as the other recent UCS sets, if not bigger.

This rumored "Jaws-Set" isn't a UCS-Set, it's only a new 130€-normal-set.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

Just now, Praetorian_Guard said:

This rumored Jaws-Set isn't a UCS-Set.

Oh sorry, I was reading through the last few pages and it wasn't exactly clear that the UCS discussion and the one around this set were separate. Is jaws still rumored to be a tantive iv, or am I misreading that too?

9 hours ago, TheRacker said:

Oh sorry, I was reading through the last few pages and it wasn't exactly clear that the UCS discussion and the one around this set were separate. Is jaws still rumored to be a tantive iv, or am I misreading that too?

We don't really know what it is.

But I think a UCS Tantive IV is still likely for this year (check this, this or/and this out why I think so).

Just now, Praetorian_Guard said:

We don't really know what it is,

i love it when people say we. like they speak for everyone. some people know exactly what it is. 

and it is far from normal. 

9 minutes ago, Tidy said:

some people know exactly what it is.

Including someone, who wanna talk about it (maybe)? :wink:

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

i love it when people say we. like they speak for everyone. some people know exactly what it is. 

and it is far from normal. 

“We” meaning us peasants who share information when we get it, I guess

Perhaps the absence of a Last Jedi Leia minifigure may have something to do with this potentially being the Raddus. I seem to recall a rumour from last which suggested she was coming in a lifeboat, which SvL confirmed, although that appears to have been put on hold. I suppose it could be argued that, while the codenames in some cases haven't meant much (ie the Solo set codenames), the ship does have the physical outline of a shark. While I am no expert on building techniques, I reckon the Raddus' shape would be easier to recreate in LEGO than the Home One for example, which has less angles which could be manipulated through traditional building techniques. Perhaps an iteration of the Raddus would be a lot like the Malevolence from 2012 in terms of building techniques. The described box dimensions and price point arguably suggest some sort of compatibility with a vehicle the size of the First Order Star Destroyer, and after all, fans have been wishing for a proper attempt Mon Calamari cruiser for a number of years.

Edited by Renown

12 hours ago, blujay563 said:

Rumors ive heard are either an isd or tantive iv

STOP! Those rumors are wishlists not actual rumors with substance!

11 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Everything about the UCS except the number of parts is completely unsubstantiated speculation.

Exactly.

3 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

We don't really know what it is.

But I think a UCS Tantive IV is very likely for this year.

If by "I think..." you mean "I'm putting my wishlist there where it doesn't belong..." then you're right.

You can talk about substantiated rumors all you want here. But if you start wishlisting we'll lock the thread.

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

If by "I think..." you mean "I'm putting my wishlist there where it doesn't belong..." then you're right.

You can talk about substantiated rumors all you want here. But if you start wishlisting we'll lock the thread.

In this case "I think...." means: "After reading the first half of this article, which is quite comprehensibly, I can say in good conscience, that...."

So, I suggest we can say that this is a substaniated rumor.

Here's hoping that "Jaws" ends up being a Hammerhead Corvette. The size fits, and obviously the code name is on point.

Then again, Rogue One has been criminally underrepresented since its release, so maybe that's just never happening.

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

In this case "I think...." means: "After reading the first half of this article, which is quite comprehensibly, I can say in good conscience, that...."

From the article "

Everything that I have derived from this information, therefore, of course, only speculation. And I'm honest: This is definitely also "Wishlisting" in the game, because I would like both sets mentioned"

so it's still just speculation and wishlisting. I'm saying that not to call you out or be argumentative, I just don't want people getting their hopes up.

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Here's hoping that "Jaws" ends up being a Hammerhead Corvette. The size fits, and obviously the code name is on point.

Then again, Rogue One has been criminally underrepresented since its release, so maybe that's just never happening.

Still sad we never got the resistance transport set back in 2018, i love building up fleets for any faction

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Alright, until now every mention of the blockade runner or ISD have been wishlists. Please reference articles like this if you're going to bring up items that have only been wishlists before.

And as stated, this article does not really bring any substantiation to these rumors.

Just now, Skyhammer said:

Whatever happened to the V-19 Torrent rumor from last year?

Either got cancelled or pushed back for the release of the clone wars season 7. I'm hoping the latter.

3 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

Either got cancelled or pushed back for the release of the clone wars season 7. I'm hoping the latter.

Thought that was a possibility.  Here’s hoping.  

55 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Please reference articles like this if you're going to bring up items that have only been wishlists before.

Done.

And I thought: if even internet-sites like Rebrickable or JediJacPenguins "Databank" list these two Sets in brackets and with Question marks as Tantive IV and the ISD, this isn't any whishlist anymore but a "serios" rumor.

According to JediJacPenguin (same link as above) there also will be something like a R2-D2 attachment for Lego Boost late this year.

Late 2019 Wave : 1 Set

Set 1 : XXXXX - {? R2-D2 Boost Attachment ?} (Like 9748) - Includes pcs TBA, Minifigs: TBA - $TBA / €TBA

17 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

According to JediJacPenguin (same link as above) there also will be something like a R2-D2 attachment for Lego Boost late this year.

Late 2019 Wave : 1 Set

Set 1 : XXXXX - {? R2-D2 Boost Attachment ?} (Like 9748) - Includes pcs TBA, Minifigs: TBA - $TBA / €TBA

Thank you for adding more context. Please know that you were not being specifically targeted. You just happened to be the lucky winner who posted before I got on and read the more recent posts.

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Yes. I would pay well above $130 for a good hammerhead corvette. Heck, I'd sell half my large rebel ships on bricklink for one if they ever made one. As you said, lego hasn't spent much attention on solo or rogue one since their first 2 waves and I would hope that they are going to tap the WEALTH of sets they could make from it. Hopefully we'll get more focus on them after the IX sets, if nothing else. :shrug_oh_well: