Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Echo Base was on Hoth.

:facepalm: I really don't know why I mixed those up. Normally I know all Star Wars names. I was thinking of Yavin 4. Now I'm way less excited for the Echo set:laugh_hard: I feel really stupid right now:ugh:

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

:facepalm: I really don't know why I mixed those up. Normally I know all Star Wars names. I was thinking of Yavin 4. Now I'm way less excited for the Echo set:laugh_hard: I feel really stupid right now:ugh:

Don't worry we all mix up names

UK Finch Dallow saga update: 

There was a slight error in my order for Finch's helmet but now it's been fixed and it appears that both the head and the helmet (plus torso & legs) are on their way in the post. My customer rep also mentioned there were a few more heads & helmets left, but not very many. Customer service reps have also received more information about the issue in the meantime, so any UK fans should find it easy to get a replacement Finch – while stocks last!

18 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"large vehicle UCS sets usually have one minifigure" is what i should have said. Most location sets have larger numbers. i was thinking b-wing, x-wing, tie fighter, jedi starfighter, bb-8, porg, etc. The way lego seems to be going is including a ucs set with one-two minifigures in may, (snowspeeder, y-wing) and a "master builder" one with more minifigures in September, such as bespin. but good point, i should have been more specific.

Very few have one. Going backwards...

Y-wing: 1 minifig plus a droid

Snowspeeder: 2 minifigs

MF: 8 minifigs

Slave 1: 4 minifigs plus carbonite piece

Tie Fighter: 1 minifigure

Sandcrawler: 14 minifigures

X-wing: 0 minifigs (but 1 droid)

B-wing: none

SSD: 5 minifigs

On 2/2/2019 at 5:01 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

AAAH! I knew it looked familiar!!! That makes so much sense! The problem is, what set would he be in, since none of the currently known ones we would fit him. A May the fourth polybag, maybe, but those haven't been minifigures in a while.

Could be a Yoda vs Sidious sort of set... Yoda escaping the Senate with the help of Bail... 

18 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

This years Star Wars Advendt Calendars 24th Minifigure is a...

Reveal hidden contents

Porg with a Santa Clause Cap :hmpf_bad:

I hope this is true.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:53 AM, StoneWarsDE said:

It's 75238, 75239 and 75241 as "Star Wars Action Battle Sets" and 75236, 75240 and 75242 as "3 new models". Basically it confirms everything we knew before ;)

33 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

Could be a Yoda vs Sidious sort of set... Yoda escaping the Senate with the help of Bail... 

The poster / page announcing these set numbers says that they are action-packed duels, which I mentioned way back on page 54, and nobody noticed :look: but Yoda vs. Sidious isn't a totally wild guess with that in mind, especially since the image on the poster shows Yoda.

10 minutes ago, jamesn said:

The poster / page announcing these set numbers says that they are action-packed duels, which I mentioned way back on page 54, and nobody noticed :look: but Yoda vs. Sidious isn't a totally wild guess with that in mind, especially since the image on the poster shows Yoda.

that could be cool!

It would be really interesting if we got one duel from each trilogy.

Correct me if i'm wrong though, the rey vs kylo set is NOT one of the sets mentioned as a duel right?

On 12/28/2018 at 9:01 PM, Tidy said:

this list is everything i know about sets appearing around march/april of 2019 [i have seen both march and april listed //shrug] ... not only is 2019 the 20th anniversary of lego star wars, but star wars celebration is in chicago in april, imho a perfect time to launch 20th anniversary sets ... 

75236             $19.99         191                DUEL ON STARKILLER 
75238             $29.99         193                *ATTACK ON ENDOR [SHOOTER GAME]
75239             $29.99         235                *ATTACK ON HOTH GENERATOR [SHOOTER GAME]
75240             $69.99         496                MAJOR VONREG'S TIE FIGHTER
75241             $59.99         504                *DEFENSE OF ECHO BASE [SHOOTER GAME]
75242             $49.99         396                BLACK ACE TIE 
75243             $119.99     1007                SLAVE 1 - 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
75258             $29.99         279                ANAKIN'S POD RACER - 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
75259             $39.99         309                *MDP_20TH_1
75261             $29.99         250                *MDP_20TH_3
75262             $19.99         125                *MDP_20TH_4

there may be a few other sets popping up as exclusives, but nothing is known about those yet ... 

and of course there will be the obligatory force friday wave coming in early october, which also absolutely zilch is known about as of right now.

Actually, @Mandalorianknight, cross-referencing with Tidy, I'm completely wrong.

59 minutes ago, jamesn said:

these ‘duels’ are so you can have action battles with friends. there are 2 hoth and one endor. see the 2019 news thread ... the names have been updated but might not be 100% due to translation errors.  

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

these ‘duels’ are so you can have action battles with friends. there are 2 hoth and one endor. see the 2019 news thread ... the names have been updated but might not be 100% due to translation errors.  

So the "duel sets" like the yoda vs sideous someone mentioned are actually the "action battle" sets? Dang, i wanted a new mustafar one after that pitiful attempt in that set with the dark green eta starfighter.

And do we know anything else about what these "action battles" are? Will they be remotely displayable alongside current sets or will they be like the microfighters where they operate at a different scale?

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So the "duel sets" like the yoda vs sideous someone mentioned are actually the "action battle" sets? Dang, i wanted a new mustafar one after that pitiful attempt in that set with the dark green eta starfighter.

And do we know anything else about what these "action battles" are? Will they be remotely displayable alongside current sets or will they be like the microfighters where they operate at a different scale?

the only real duel is rey vs kylo. 

the action battle sets basically have targets that you can shoot with a cannon ... hitting that target will activate a play feauture in a set (for instance an AT-AT falling over) ... they’re meant to play with friends ... 

as far as displaying them with other sets ... i’m not going to be ... but hey. some nice new minifigs are coming. //shrug

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

the only real duel is rey vs kylo. 

the action battle sets basically have targets that you can shoot with a cannon ... hitting that target will activate a play feauture in a set (for instance an AT-AT falling over) ... they’re meant to play with friends ... 

as far as displaying them with other sets ... i’m not going to be ... but hey. some nice new minifigs are coming. //shrug

Thanks! yeah those don't sound like they were made at minifigure scale

So, today I contacted Lego about the Finch Dallow issue, I got mostly the same response as some others about them later updating the set based upon the movie's scenes vs pre-production stuff etc.

As far as getting my hands on one, they informed me that while they know the figure is very desired, the limited number they have in their warehouse is for "quality purposes", so they can't send me one, but they hope he makes an appearance in a future set.

Quite disappointed I wasn't able to get Finch, but I hope their comment about a future set means something for those of us who want him.

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

I bet LEGO is going to tout these Action Battles as a "Brand New!!!" concept, which I find amusingly ironic given that they've already made a set with this very concept: 75037 Battle on Saleucami

15 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

So has lego stopped doing some retail exclusives in the US or it's just not in this wave?

Starkiller base duel with Rey and Kylo is a retail exclusive, I believe. Not sure though.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Starkiller base duel with Rey and Kylo is a retail exclusive, I believe. Not sure though.

it’s not. 

Do we have any information on the next UCS? I know the Y-Wing rumor had been floating around since December before it was actually revealed. I've heard an ISD, but the 2,000 part count seems too low.

17 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

Do we have any information on the next UCS? I know the Y-Wing rumor had been floating around since December before it was actually revealed. I've heard an ISD, but the 2,000 part count seems too low.

Rumors ive heard are either an isd or tantive iv

2 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

I thought it was 4000 parts, that seems reasonable for an ISD

Small update regarding the August wave has come up on Instagram by detective_azani.

75253 (Codenamed "Jaws") will cost $130 and include 1177 pieces. The box size is estimated to be about the same as the First Order Star Destroyer.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Small update regarding the August wave has come up on Instagram by detective_azani.

75253 (Codenamed "Jaws") will cost $130 and include 1177 pieces. The box size is estimated to be about the same as the First Order Star Destroyer.

I think it’s just a single set rather than an entire wave (similar to last year’s Porg or Vader’s Castle) since the Episode IX sets are released two months after that :laugh: Four waves in a single year would be overkill...

Btw, since when are code names like that a thing? I know sets based on upcoming movies sometimes had code names like “Wolf” rather than the usual “Conf”, but this is quite a peculiar one :grin: