Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

He was on the Tantive IV at the end of the ROTS just saying... 

Spoiler

[NERD ALERT]

The ship in ROTS is slightly different (beyond the color, I mean), and in the canon, it's called the Tantive III.  That being said, both ships are from the house of Alderaan, and I tend to think of the Tantive IV as being Leia and Bail's ship.  If we ever get a remake (I, for one, believe the May the Fourth rumor, if only because I want to!!  :blush:), I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to include him.  

Edited by RogueTwo

Just now, RogueTwo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

[NERD ALERT]

The ship in ROTS is slightly different (beyond the color, I mean), and in the canon, it's called the Tantive III.  That being said, both ships are from the house of Alderaan, and I tend to think of the Tantive IV as being Leia and Bail's ship.  If we ever get a remake (I, for one, believe the May the Fourth rumor, if only because I want to!!  :blush:), I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to include him.  

This is correct, but Bail did appear on the Tantive IV in a couple of episodes of TCW (Supply Lines and A Friend In Need).

7 hours ago, JoshSpills said:

What's the price in Aus? I've looked it up but can't find it... 

No Australian p[rice has been revealed yet but it goes without saying that if the price is even bad in the US, its going to be absolutely awful here.

26 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

[NERD ALERT]

True, but lego usually only has one minifigure in their ucs sets, with the more minifigure-heavy ones being in the master builder series or whatever they call what bespin and assault on hoth are now. i don't see bail being the figure they would put in the set. If they do include one figure, it would be captain Antilles i think.

34 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

No Australian p[rice has been revealed yet but it goes without saying that if the price is even bad in the US, its going to be absolutely awful here.

Currently there’s the Resistance Bomber at $110 US/$180 AUD and Darth Vader’s Castle at $130 US/$200 AUD. Following that the Slave I should be $190 but something tells me that LEGO will want to round up to $200. 

Star Wars sets have really been losing their value over the last couple of years. More pieces are being included but builds are getting smaller and having less functions. Take Anakin’s Jedi Starfighter, the 2008 model was $15 cheaper than the 2018 model, bigger, had less pieces and included a mechanism to eject R2-D2. Comparing the new Slave I to the 2010 version and it’s twice the price for twice the pieces while being more or less the same size. While it definitely looks better, I cant help but notice that its missing a door for extra hidden missiles down the side of the fuselage.

Take me back to the builds of 5-10 years ago where they were stylised a bit more but still resembled the source material. 

54 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

True, but lego usually only has one minifigure in their ucs sets, with the more minifigure-heavy ones being in the master builder series or whatever they call what bespin and assault on hoth are now. i don't see bail being the figure they would put in the set. If they do include one figure, it would be captain Antilles i think.

Of all the UCS sets ever made, only a handful have had one minifigure. Ones before 2007 mostly had zero, and a couple of recent ones (the B-Wing and TIE Fighter, R2-D2, BB-8, and Porg) had one; all the others have had two or more, including the previous Tantive IV, which had five. Sandcrawlers, Slave 1, Super Star Destroyer, Imperial Shuttle, Republic Dropship, Millennium Falcons....

9 hours ago, JoshSpills said:

What's the price in Aus? I've looked it up but can't find it... 

I cant either, but it'll probably be between 220 - 240 bucks. my guess is 230. Which is insane for a set like that

12 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

I cant either, but it'll probably be between 220 - 240 bucks. my guess is 230. Which is insane for a set like that

It wouldn't be that high. $180 is probably more likely as the RRP since its in the same price/piece range as Kylo Ren's Shuttle, although most Australian retailers will bring sets like that down further to around $140-150 throughout the year.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Of all the UCS sets ever made, only a handful have had one minifigure. Ones before 2007 mostly had zero, and a couple of recent ones (the B-Wing and TIE Fighter, R2-D2, BB-8, and Porg) had one; all the others have had two or more, including the previous Tantive IV, which had five. Sandcrawlers, Slave 1, Super Star Destroyer, Imperial Shuttle, Republic Dropship, Millennium Falcons....

The Tantive IV that included minifigs (10198) was not a UCS set. The Rebel Blockade Runner UCS (10019) set did not any contain minifigs.

17 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The Tantive IV that included minifigs (10198) was not a UCS set. The Rebel Blockade Runner UCS (10019) set did not any contain minifigs.

That's going to depend on how you define it, I guess. 10198 didn't have the UCS seal on the box, but neither did the Super Star Destroyer, the Jedi Starfighter, or a couple of others. It doesn't have a plaque, but neither do 75059 Sandcrawler or the minifig-including Death Stars, which do have the UCS seal. 10198 has the 10--- set number, was included alongside the Jedi Starfighter and Imperial Shuttle on the back of the SSD's box, and is listed as a UCS set on Brickipedia. If you want to exclude it from the list, you have to remove a bunch of others that are pretty unanimously agreed to be UCS sets.

On 2/2/2019 at 7:08 AM, wesker said:

A couple of minifigure heads have recently leaked for some unknown theme(s). I can't be the only one thinking the male one looks awfully similar to Bail Organa?

Obviously - but sadly for us - it is Tony Stark.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

15 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

"large vehicle UCS sets usually have one minifigure" is what i should have said. Most location sets have larger numbers. i was thinking b-wing, x-wing, tie fighter, jedi starfighter, bb-8, porg, etc. The way lego seems to be going is including a ucs set with one-two minifigures in may, (snowspeeder, y-wing) and a "master builder" one with more minifigures in September, such as bespin. but good point, i should have been more specific.

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

This years Star Wars Advendt Calendars 24th Minifigure is a...

Reveal hidden contents

Porg with a Santa Clause Cap :hmpf_bad:

But there will also be a

Spoiler

Cloud Car pilot (from the UCS)

:) 

I think a

Porg

is a

cute 

idea, especially after 

BB-8

:wink: I think it's kind of obvious now that we won't get any Christmasified (?) minifigs any more, but I personally don't mind that since I'll take something useful like General Merrick for instance over a Santa Vader/Maul/Jango/whatever any day :grin: 

@Praetorian_Guard @Kevii23 Does either of you happen to know the rest as well? Or at least partially? :purrr:

It already sounds like an improvement over last year's calendar.

The Cloud Car Pilot is a great addition. It provides a cheap alternative for those who don't own one, and for the rest it doesn't hurt having a spare to further populate the Cloud City set. And while a Porg with a santa hat isn't quite the same as the costumed minifigures of the past I'm glad they're at least going back to the Christmas theme after being completely absent last year.

Can't wait to see who the exclusive minifigure is going to be. Hopefully Finch Dallow also finds his way into the set.

Spoiler

Are you sure the porg is the only Christmas-y figure? It seems likely enough, given that BB-8 with a Santa hat was the only Christmas-y one in 2017, but 2014 had a clone with a Santa hat as well as the Santa Vader.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:22 PM, wesker said:

It wouldn't be that high. $180 is probably more likely as the RRP since its in the same price/piece range as Kylo Ren's Shuttle, although most Australian retailers will bring sets like that down further to around $140-150 throughout the year.

I hope so. But with LEGO's track record it'll probably be 200 dollars

On 2/2/2019 at 5:01 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

AAAH! I knew it looked familiar!!! That makes so much sense! The problem is, what set would he be in, since none of the currently known ones we would fit him. A May the fourth polybag, maybe, but those haven't been minifigures in a while.

Well there's still Echo Base. He wasn't in in during a new hope, but he was in Rogue One

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Well there's still Echo Base. He wasn't in in during a new hope, but he was in Rogue One

Echo Base was on Hoth.

I asked about the figure change in the chat and Lego is sending some parts.

hduN8Ex.png

Edited by OCD_Chad