Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 1/30/2019 at 7:19 PM, Brickwraith said:

It's because kids, legos target audience, can't buy the larger sets, it isn't made for AFOLs

Would a kid really care if it was in blue and not green? Besides, the amount of Slave 1's on the market must have had at least some kids get one already. I feel like they could have got more sales from a Jango Slave 1 rather than another Boba.

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Personally i'm hoping for Finch Dallow in the advent calendar and the return of actual santa figures unlike the last few years.

I saw a test mould for a green Vader helmet and (although it was just a test mould and not for a figure) I would love to see a newer helmet Christmas Vader with a different helmet colour. That, or a ghost figure.

25 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Would a kid really care if it was in blue and not green? Besides, the amount of Slave 1's on the market must have had at least some kids get one already. I feel like they could have got more sales from a Jango Slave 1 rather than another Boba.

Look, most kids dont have the ucs or the cloud city set so having these sets on the market at similar times aren't gonna affect the sales of the new one

Last time a system slave 1 came out was 9 years ago.. and boba's will always be a bigger seller than Jango's so it makes since

Slave I needed an update regardless who's version it was as its been almost a decade since the last system scale version. With how frequently the X-Wings, TIE Fighters and Jedi Starfighters are being pumped out with new paint jobs these days I think its inevitable we'll see Jango's version once Boba's has been retired.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I get your point. I have no idea why they would use the Jyn face, even if they somehow cant print Padme's old face or make a new one they should still be able to use a more accurate one like some of Hermione's faces or even Leia.

I'd say Jyn's face print is a closer match to Padme than either Hermione or Leia.

I'm also generally not a fan of major characters sharing the same face print in a line either. I can excuse Jyn for being a one-shot character from a few years ago, but Leia appears far too frequently in the line (especially lately) that I wouldn't want her looking identical to Padme. She just had the print changed too so let that remain exclusive to her character.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

Slave I needed an update regardless who's version it was as its been almost a decade since the last system scale version. With how frequently the X-Wings, TIE Fighters and Jedi Starfighters are being pumped out with new paint jobs these days I think its inevitable we'll see Jango's version once Boba's has been retired.

You could've said that in 2010 too, though...

For me, I think the Slave 1 should have been a cheaper model.  This still seems pricey to be appealing to the kids, while adults would have picked up the UCS.  If it was in the $60-75 range, it would have made a lot more sense to me.

6 hours ago, Chill said:

For me, I think the Slave 1 should have been a cheaper model.  This still seems pricey to be appealing to the kids, while adults would have picked up the UCS.  If it was in the $60-75 range, it would have made a lot more sense to me.

How much will it be in €?

On 1/31/2019 at 3:51 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

I think i could tell the difference between Boba's and Jango's versions of Slave 1 when I was like 9, and so could most kids who got sets that expensive (in my experience). However, the real factor here is Boba being more popular than Jango overall. A new Jango's slave one would be nice, but it might not be financially a good decision for lego.

Any rumors of us ever getting anything on the mandelorian, or is it too early for that?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Any rumors of us ever getting anything on the mandelorian, or is it too early for that?

Too soon. The Mandalorian doesn't come out until this fall, so most likely if there are sets it'll come out around the same time around the first wave of Ep. IX sets, or they'll take the Resistance approach and delay them until 2020.

While I definitely understand people's complaints about the Slave 1 being Boba's and not Jango's, Boba's is simply much more recognisable than Jango's and would probably sell a lot better too. But that price, especially here in Australia...

1 hour ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

While I definitely understand people's complaints about the Slave 1 being Boba's and not Jango's, Boba's is simply much more recognisable than Jango's and would probably sell a lot better too. But that price, especially here in Australia...

It'll probably be one of those "actually cheaper to import from the US" sets over here

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

Too soon. The Mandalorian doesn't come out until this fall, so most likely if there are sets it'll come out around the same time around the first wave of Ep. IX sets, or they'll take the Resistance approach and delay them until 2020.

Dang. That's understandable though. I just hope we get SOMETHING eventually, because i could easily see them deciding that the core audience of the show wont be the same as their main customer base, as it's supposed to be a tv-14 and darker then the movies.

3 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

That's probably true, and it's a pity. Slave 1 certainly gets more screen time and shows off its firepower in AOTC. I think the dogfight between Jango and Obi-Wan is the best part of the worst film. I wonder if it will be possible to mod Jango's from the new version if parts exist in the right colors.

11 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

I wonder if it will be possible to mod Jango's from the new version if parts exist in the right colors.

The dark red slope/wedge that makes up most of the base only exists in dark red and white. It was designed specifically for this set too, apparently, and the Overwatch team got special permission to use it a little early, so it could very well be a good while before we see it in dark blue or dark grey/sand green (dark grey being more accurate but Lego's used sand green before for some reason)

Edited by Magmafrost

A couple of minifigure heads have recently leaked for some unknown theme(s). I can't be the only one thinking the male one looks awfully similar to Bail Organa?

13 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Yeah, easy pass then. I get inflation and stuff, but once the slave 1 was 60€ and is was well made, how can they justify double the price, my pay certainly hasn't been doubled since then. :hmpf_bad:

4 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

Yeah, easy pass then. I get inflation and stuff, but once the slave 1 was 60€ and is was well made, how can they justify double the price, my pay certainly hasn't been doubled since then. :hmpf_bad:

Yep, but for someone like me, who hasn't any of the past models - or a any of the Fetts or Carbonate Han - it's a buy. Yes, it isn't cheap, but it looks fantastic. I just wait for my local dealers' regular 15-20% general LEGO rebate.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

13 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

What's the price in Aus? I've looked it up but can't find it... 

9 hours ago, wesker said:

A couple of minifigure heads have recently leaked for some unknown theme(s). I can't be the only one thinking the male one looks awfully similar to Bail Organa?

AAAH! I knew it looked familiar!!! That makes so much sense! The problem is, what set would he be in, since none of the currently known ones we would fit him. A May the fourth polybag, maybe, but those haven't been minifigures in a while.

46 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

AAAH! I knew it looked familiar!!! That makes so much sense! The problem is, what set would he be in, since none of the currently known ones we would fit him. A May the fourth polybag, maybe, but those haven't been minifigures in a while.

I see the resemblance, but personally I don't think it is Bail Organa - in the films, his beard and mustache are attached, but this minifig head has a gap inbetween the 'tache and beard. Don't get me wrong, I really want it to be him, but I doubt it. 

Some people think it might be Jafar from the 2nd Disney CMF line. Either way though, that head piece would make a good Bail Organa figure.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He was on the Tantive IV at the end of the ROTS just saying...