Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My sentiments exactly. I feel like (exclusive vader aside) this is a sort of oversized battle pack where the absence of named characters and various small builds makes it easy to buy multiple copies for a large battle. Actually, downsize the AT-RT from it's basically ucs scale to one more like the one in that 2016 juggernaut and if it didn't have the 20th anniversary vader it could fit into that $15 range and BE a battle pack.

Completely agree.

21 minutes ago, G59 said:

pretty disappointing wave except the podracer and slave 1... and this is what we call a 20th anniversary.

Totally agree, although I do have to question why we need another Boba's Slave 1 when the UCS has just retired and there is one in CC. When you think that, apart from the two UCS/MB sets and any unknown retailer exclusives, we now know of everything PT and OT to come this year, it has to be one of the worse years for me. Very disappointing. :(

24 minutes ago, Renown said:

I feel that the disappointment surrounding this wave of sets may subside when we learn more about the UCS sets and if they will be compensate for this wave.

The ucs typically releases in early may, right? Would it still be under the 20th anniversary label? I mean, all the anniversary sets should release on may fourth but they want them to coincide with star wars celebration Chicago and i'm not going to complain about them arriving a few weeks earlier!:head_back:

Edited by Mandalorianknight
spelling

4 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

Given that there's a new helmet mould everywhere you look, it's very disappointing they didn't do one for the Phase II ARF/AT-RT driver. Especially because they'd definitely get mileage out if it of it if they threw it into a battle pack and as part of larger sets. Oh well, hopefully we're in for a treat with CW sets this winter/next April what with the final season being released.

I'm not even sure how much of a consideration that is for them, honestly. They made a new helmet for the airborne troopers in 75036 Utapau Troopers and have shown no signs of ever intending to reuse it. Maybe they've just blown through their new helmet budget for the quarter.

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Totally agree, although I do have to question why we need another Boba's Slave 1 when the UCS has just retired and there is one in CC. When you think that, apart from the two UCS/MB sets and any unknown retailer exclusives, we now know of everything PT and OT to come this year, it has to be one of the worse years for me. Very disappointing. :(

There usually are retailer exclusives, though. 75191 Jedi Starfighter and Hyperspace Ring was released alongside the TLJ sets. It isn't like there won't be more stuff, especially since The Mandalorian is also launching this year and will probably have merchandising associated with it (although they might follow the pattern from Resistance, too; I don't think anyone ever explained what was up with waiting to release those sets).

36 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Totally agree, although I do have to question why we need another Boba's Slave 1 when the UCS has just retired and there is one in CC. 

It's because kids, legos target audience, can't buy the larger sets, it isn't made for AFOLs

12 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

It's because kids, legos target audience, can't buy the larger sets, it isn't made for AFOLs

Exactly, a lot of people seem to forget this. I’d love to see a report from LEGO indicating what percentage of their customers are actually AFOLs, because I reckon KFOLs outnumber us 50 to 1 at least.

15 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I know that, but even some AFOLS feel that set is out of their price league so it's not the most kid friendly priced set.

20th Anniversary sets look great, but I feel the Clone Walker doesn't fit - they should've done an Anakin vs. Obi-Wan set instead.

Too bad they didn't do a Naboo Starfighter either.

Hopefully the May the 4th is either the Tantive, Star Destroyer, or AT-AT.

Edited by GryffindorResistance

56 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I'm not even sure how much of a consideration that is for them, honestly. They made a new helmet for the airborne troopers in 75036 Utapau Troopers and have shown no signs of ever intending to reuse it. Maybe they've just blown through their new helmet budget for the quarter.

There usually are retailer exclusives, though. 75191 Jedi Starfighter and Hyperspace Ring was released alongside the TLJ sets. It isn't like there won't be more stuff, especially since The Mandalorian is also launching this year and will probably have merchandising associated with it (although they might follow the pattern from Resistance, too; I don't think anyone ever explained what was up with waiting to release those sets).

They reused them for Geonosis Clone Troopers, but  in different color with different print.

57 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Exactly, a lot of people seem to forget this. I’d love to see a report from LEGO indicating what percentage of their customers are actually AFOLs, because I reckon KFOLs outnumber us 50 to 1 at least.

They don't know. They ask questions but people buying sets for themselves will say it is for kids, especially the smaller sets.

Forget about the Lando-fig and this new Snowspeeder might even be worse than the 2014 version. It's basically the same build and the same old canopy, but:

- Inaccurate minifigs (pilots with "X-wing" jumpsuits instead of Hoth-jumpsuits)
- Nothing to shoot at for the Snowspeeder (Snowtrooper)
- $40 instead of $30 while only having 31 more pieces

If they gave it a new canopy and new helmets for the pilots, I would've probably bought 2 instead of none.

I just saw a list on Instagram saying we were getting a €60,- echo base. Does anyone know if this is true? It kinda sounds to good to be true. All the other sets of the list were things we already kinda knew about from previous leaks, so I'm not sure if he just put 1 made up set on the known list or if it's really true.

41 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I just saw a list on Instagram saying we were getting a €60,- echo base. Does anyone know if this is true? It kinda sounds to good to be true. All the other sets of the list were things we already kinda knew about from previous leaks, so I'm not sure if he just put 1 made up set on the known list or if it's really true.

Yes. There is a new Snowtrooper and another bearded Hoth Trooper (same torso as in the Snowspeeder).

Hi. Any news on whether there's an advent calendar this year? I'd have thought the toy fairs would've showcased as they have previous years but I've not seen or read anything yet.

Just now, Ward Fowler said:

Hi. Any news on whether there's an advent calendar this year? I'd have thought the toy fairs would've showcased as they have previous years but I've not seen or read anything yet.

Yes, Brickset.com reports that there will be one released later this year

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'd be more understanding of a Slave 1 at $60-75 price range, especially as an anniversary set, coming off the heels of the UCS.

Just now, namioik said:

Yes, Brickset.com reports that there will be one released later this year

Excellent. I thought this year's calendar was really good. I would have appreciated a better Dec 24th figure to be on par with previous years, but I felt all the ship builds and everything else was great.

Just now, Ward Fowler said:

news thread:

SEPTEMBER

75245             $39.99         280 pcs                ADVENT CALENDAR

20 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Pod racer is good, but isn’t anyone else bothered that they reused Leia’s face for Padme? Even though they’ve made spot on Natalie Portman faces in the past.

Now you mention it, I'm getting kinda sick and tired of them reusing the same couple of female heads for every female character, especially since in this instance they have the perfect face just laying around, only available in an expensive, now retired set. They are just like clone troopers atm.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

... especially since in this instance they have the perfect face just laying around, only available in an expensive, now retired set.

Which one do you consider perfect for Episode I Padme, the one from the last Republic Gunship or the last time she appeared in this outfit, sharing a face with Hermione from the 2010 Harry Potter line? Personally I think the Gunship one is a great expressive face, but not necessarily great for Episode I Padme. At least it's unique, though.

I think the Gunship face print works fine for Episode I Padme. She practically looked identical in all the prequels despite the in-universe time jumps.

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Which one do you consider perfect for Episode I Padme, the one from the last Republic Gunship or the last time she appeared in this outfit, sharing a face with Hermione from the 2010 Harry Potter line? Personally I think the Gunship one is a great expressive face, but not necessarily great for Episode I Padme. At least it's unique, though.

Actually I was talking about the Clone Wars face. No I'm kidding:laugh_hard: But I think the Gunship one is perfect because of the beauty marks.  Ofcourse she looks a little bit older than in episode 1, but still it's the closest thing we got since it resembles Natalie Portman very well. A colour swap for the lips might make her look a little bit more like the teen Padme from episode 1.

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Actually I was talking about the Clone Wars face. No I'm kidding:laugh_hard: But I think the Gunship one is perfect because of the beauty marks.  Ofcourse she looks a little bit older than in episode 1, but still it's the closest thing we got since it resembles Natalie Portman very well. A colour swap for the lips might make her look a little bit more like the teen Padme from episode 1.

I get your point. I have no idea why they would use the Jyn face, even if they somehow cant print Padme's old face or make a new one they should still be able to use a more accurate one like some of Hermione's faces or even Leia.

52 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I get your point. I have no idea why they would use the Jyn face, even if they somehow cant print Padme's old face or make a new one they should still be able to use a more accurate one like some of Hermione's faces or even Leia.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just picked the face based on what they had a surplus of.

On 1/29/2019 at 7:41 PM, Borex said:

Can we still expect a 20 years anniversary c3-po, r2-d2, yoda, chewbacca and ben obi wan kenobi?

I'd honestly love to see these in a second wave, but the R2 'and '3-po wouldn't change much at all with the old designs, and Chewbacca and Yoda would be two new moulds to produce for a single use. I think if they did do another line they'd go for prequel characters, because they were a big part of the introduction of Lego Star Wars and have almost been skipped completely here. Although it seems like they're not planning another wave at this time. Here's hoping though!

On 1/29/2019 at 9:43 PM, BacktoBricks said:

I would have preferred it if they had stuck with the adult legs and printed some more of her grey top down onto them.

I think i would look a lot better if Anakin had the medium legs while Padme had the bigger legs. Maybe it would be slightly less accurate, but it would make his figure more poseable and made Padme's figure look less inaccurate.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:56 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Wasn't she only 14 in TPM though? :wink: 

But she was as tall as most of the adult characters in a lot of her scenes. It makes her look awkward at that height.