Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, Skyhammer said:

- The design is a straight copy of the old 501st version which was again TOO BIG (come on, this was the strongest criticism of the last AT-RT, it’s not supposed to be as tall as the Juggernaught).

I agree with this point, but also keep in mind that a big part of the problem with that is that LEGO's Juggernauts are tiny; IIRC they're about 1:5 scale relative to a minifigure.

5 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I agree with this point, but also keep in mind that a big part of the problem with that is that LEGO's Juggernauts are tiny; IIRC they're about 1:5 scale relative to a minifigure.

Oh I realize!  Still dreaming of the day that will never come when someone asks a designer “What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?” and we get a UCS Juggernaught.  (yes I know it will never happen but at least with the newly announced Master Builder series we could get a Battle of Kashyyyk)

Anyways the poorly designed 2016 Juggernaught is part of my frustration with this year’s AT-RT, as again the best feature of that set was the mini build (an accurately scaled AT-RT) and not the actual main build itself.  It’s a repeated issue with PT sets.  The designers rarely seem to spend the same attention to detail as they do for OT sets.  Just look at that Slave 1!  Beautiful.  Give me a Juggernaught designed by that guy with the same amount of effort.

Edited by Skyhammer

The 7131 Anakin's Podracer was the second "big" Lego set I got, right after the 7141 Naboo Fighter.  I'll definitely pick this one up.  It looks pretty good and I like all the figures, but it's a little disappointing that it's so similar to the 2011 model.

I very rarely buy Star Wars these days, but I was half hoping to be lured in by 20th Anniversary sets. Instead.... these feel incredibly lack luster. Like some others have said, there's nothing wrong with the sets really, but they just don't feel right for the 20th Anniversary.

Sets for the tenth anniversary showed a real love for Star Wars, with new and unexplored material. This "remakes of old sets" idea is... interesting... but they haven't even fully committed to that, and the choices of sets feel slapdash.

Only the Snowspeeder and Imperial Dropship truly call back to the old sets because they include the exact same lineup of builds and figures. The podracer is close, though the original included a pit droid. The AT-RT and Slave I don't feel "20th Anniversary" to me at all; they just feel like they're what LEGO wanted to have on the market. So overall, besides the Dropship and the inclusion of Zuckuss at long last, really none of these seem to be made with much love and I'm left dreaming of the myriad ways these could've been made better, like:

- an Episode I 3PO in the podracer

- the Slave I being Jango's and including a Kaminoan

- a proper new canopy mould for the Snowspeeder

- new, accurate AT-RT driver

etc.

I’m happy to see shield generator as a set, as that was the one part of Assault on Hoth that I really liked. I’ll grab that one for sure. Zuckuss coming in the Slave One was just mean...:tongue: It’s way too similar to the last Slave One. Price will decide. Both of the set & what the secondary market is selling Zuckuss for.  

@Clone OPatra Oh man, yes! We haven’t had Jango’s version in a very long time...and they could’ve definitely pull off a good looking Kaminoan these days. 

Edited by Vindicare

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

I'm left dreaming of the myriad ways these could've been made better, like:

- an Episode I 3PO in the podracer

- the Slave I being Jango's and including a Kaminoan

- a proper new canopy mould for the Snowspeeder

- new, accurate AT-RT driver

etc.

Preach.  Say it louder so the LEGO Group can hear you.

10 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

@Clone OPatra Oh man, yes! We haven’t had Jango’s version in a very long time...and they could’ve definitely pull off a good looking Kaminoan these days. 

We haven't had one since 2002 :enough: With all the newer colours available now, a new one could look so good.

Besides an Episode I 3PO, the podracer also could/should have included a Shmi, who just so happens to be quite an important character with a lot of screen time, who we've also never gotten in 20 years. Instead the only new character in the wave is Zuckuss, who is nice to get of course, but also a background character with a few seconds of screen time.

If only they could really hear us @Skyhammer.

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Am I right in thinking the new snowspeeder pilots are using the same legs and torsos as the X-Wing pilots now?

Can you share with me what prior snow speeder pilot prints looked like compared to the X-wing pilots? Just for my own clarification.

Thanks!

The snowspeeder and imperial dropship is all I want, but the Slave one looks really nice too, just wished it was Jango's. All the other sets feels like a disappointment.

Slave I

Pros:

• Zuckuss!!!
  • the smooth and at the same time dented look was also very well hit in this scale :thumbup:
  • one of a few sets in which the springloaded shooter makes sense and do not negatively change the look of the model

Cons:

• no new carbonite-mold for hans new hair-piece

Anakins Podracer

Pros:

• nice detailing (especially at the engines)
  • new Padme hair-mold

Cons:

• to much stickers for a small set like this

Snowspeeder

Pros:

• 2003-Lando!!!

Cons:

• it's nearly exactly the same snowspeeder that we got in 2014

Scout Walker:

Pros:

• the walker looks great in these coulors
  • I kinda like this little Wookie-Barricading

Cons:

• the Battle-Droid doesn't have these cool new markings like the Battle-Droids from the AT-AP

Drop Ship:

Pros:

• this black stormtrooper looks amazing
  • usable pieces

Cons:

• unfortunately, the model looks just as messy as its predecessor (but i think it will still be a great playing experience for kids)

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

18 minutes ago, Han Solo MD said:

Can you share with me what prior snow speeder pilot prints looked like compared to the X-wing pilots? Just for my own clarification.

Thanks!

Here's a link to an example of the old snowspeeder pilot outfit https://brickset.com/minifigs/sw0826/snowspeeder-pilot-zev-senesca-pearl-dark-gray-helmet

And here is what the new X-Wing pilots (and now the new snowspeeder pilots) are wearing https://brickset.com/minifigs/sw0991/luke-skywalker-(pilot-printed-legs-visor-up-down)

Don't want to upload images here and clutter the thread. :) 

On another note:

Does anyone else think the new Padme fig looks weird? I appreciate them wanting to introduce the shorter legs, but I have to say I would have preferred it if they had stuck with the adult legs and printed some more of her grey top down onto them. Her outfit has about equal grey showing above and below her belt in the movie, so her top looks very short and reminds me of old figs where printing just stopped at the legs. At the end of the day, Padme was almost an adult and if they start differentiating by height that would mean Leia should have mid legs too. That along with her grumpy face means that she just feels like a bit of a step backwards.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I had high hopes 75262 (Imperial Dropship). But I got 75228 (Dewback mircofighters) yesterday, and I simply don't like the new Stormtrooper helmet. It is too huge. Slave 1 looks great, but it's not a set I'd want. So I'll wait for the next wave :)

It's weird on how TLG is ditching the new rebel pilot helmet, why did they just give up on it?

They seem to be fine with the new stormtrooper helmets though...

Just now, Reaper said:

It's weird on how TLG is ditching the new rebel pilot helmet, why did they just give up on it?

They seem to be fine with the new stormtrooper helmets though...

Hadn't someone mentioned that they do not fit in the current snowspeeder design? I'm not sure, just what i heard. 

Dropship looks awesome and I am glad that the shadow troopers are black again and there is a way to army-build the new stormtroopers

kashyyyk looks good, despite the oversized walker it looks nice and i am glad we got the little defense and spider droid as well

the snowspeeder is basically what everyone expected and i assume the only reasons people will get this is if they somehow do not have one or want 2003 lando

I'm not too versed in the PT but the podracer looks very nice to me, although they shouldn't have used jyn's face for padme

i really want slave one, it looks amazing and zuckuss, i'm just hoping the price is fair.

Thank god the snowspeeder has the old helmets. The new one is ridiculously oversized and looks completely out of place on figures. The actual snowspeeder though, exactly the same as the last one. Good for anyone who doesn't have it already, pass for me.

Slave I is fantastic, but I probably won't get it as I have the UCS. No new Han in Carbonite piece :( 

Great to finally get another podracer, with ok figures. I'll probably skip it because I have the 2012 one and IMO it's better.

Dropship and AT-RT are fantastic but will probably end up being overpriced. I'll get these eventually. 

Solid wave. New collectors who don't have these ships yet are in for a treat. 

No interest in the pod racer or snoespeeder, but the other sets are nice enough.

I’m not usually into PT stuff but the walker set looks nice with the little mini builds + 20th anniversary Vader!

Dropship is a nice army builder but could have done without the useless yellow Han and I hate the stud shooters.

Slave I is great and Zuckuss magnificent but not sure I can justify it unless I can sell my 8097. I wouldn’t put it past TLG to sneak him into a cheaper set at some stage either.

Sure, it’s desperately disappointing we get remakes and our hundredth snow speeder...

...but that Slave 1 is gorgeous, it looks like the UCS, superb build. Although, for the size and price it probably should be...

8 hours ago, Anio said:

Hell ! Oo

Am I the only one who think that this new Slave 1 looks so much better than UCS Slave 1 75060 ? @_@

I kind of agree. Thanks to the new wedge/slope piece, the dark red base of this Slave I actually looks good, for the first time in the ship's Lego history. That area was a huge issue for me in the UCS, since its absolutely hideous. But honestly I'd rather just buy a load of that new piece and fix the UCS Slave I I already have, its not like Im gonna take it down and put a smaller model in its place.

Im still struggling to see how the new one managed to be over 1000 pieces, too. I definitely dont think its worth the price tag that comes with that.

$240 US for the whole wave kinda hurts and there’s nothing super new, except Zuckuss. Not sure if I want to be in, because if I am, I’ll have to be all in for the special anniversary minifigures. 

Also wondering if there won’t be a GWP promo minifigure offered at the same time as the sets; like maybe a Tarkin or Ben?