Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The Slave looks excellent :thumbup:. It utilises the techniques of the UCS version only at a smaller scale. To a shame about the Carbonite block not being updated though. I really like the Dropship as well. Essentially the original us using more recent parts and techniques. Anakin’s Podracer looks good too. Although it does feel a little lonely without Sebulba’s (or anyone’s) podracer present. They’ve also given Han the original Megaphone blaster! It does raise the question of what the gold and silver blasters are for. 

1 minute ago, Tariq j said:

It does raise the question of what the gold and silver blasters are for. 

The gold blaster is for Vonreg from the Resistance show I believe.

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The gold blaster is for Vonreg from the Resistance show I believe.

The small one appears to be, at least according to the IG leaks. The other ones are probably from Resistance as well, but nobody has a pink blaster in the show, let alone among the characters we know will appear in the two sets *huh*

Alright so I will be picking up the dropship because I’ve always liked that design. $20 is a bit high but what can you do.. I guess I’ll pick up the snowspeeder because I always seem to ignore them when one comes out. Slave 1 is a must because I only have the 2010 version. I was excited for the at-rt hoping it was like the original design but now I’m not sure I will pick it up. I don’t need the pod racer since I already have one.

I'll wait to reserve judgement on the slave 1 until we see more.  I wonder what the dimensions are?  On first glance it has a lot more exposed studs on the back than 8097 giving it a less smooth look but it does seem to have a lower profile.  Like others mentioned, definitely not buying it only for zuckus, but we will see.  The rest don't interest me.

2 hours ago, lomis said:

And why are they back to the old helmets for the Snowspeeder?

Maybe because they're moulding a lot more in white because of the exclusive Luke in the podracer set.

I kind of really want Lego to intentionally mould a a bunch of the Leia hairpieces wrong as a callback to that factory mistake.

1 hour ago, TWRAddict said:

The use of slopes near the boarding ramp looks a little sloppy

Same with the UCS version honestly. It is essentially a scaled down version.

Anyone notice there’s a lot of Hoth related items being released in one wave? I normally do not speculate but something tells me an AT-AT isn’t too far behind

Just now, namioik said:

Anyone notice there’s a lot of Hoth related items being released in one wave? I normally do not speculate but something tells me an AT-AT isn’t too far behind

there's scuttlebutt of there being one in the bigger of the two hoth sets ... but it will likely disappoint most people ...

Just now, Tidy said:

there's scuttlebutt of there being one in the bigger of the two hoth sets ... but it will likely disappoint most people ...

Is that the set with an expected price of $59.99 (I think?)?

8 minutes ago, HothFan1987 said:

Is that the set with an expected price of $59.99 (I think?)?

AT-AT for $59.99 ?

Edited by DEAD1974

Just now, DEAD1974 said:

AT-AT for $59.99 ?

Yes, that's my question - we know of two Hoth sets coming (https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-star-wars-2019/) and the largest, which Tidy refers to, is 59.99.... which seems very cheap for a set that may contain an AT-AT which would explain why "it will likely disappoint most people" but is why I'm asking for clarification.

Just now, HothFan1987 said:

Yes, that's my question - we know of two Hoth sets coming (https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-star-wars-2019/) and the largest, which Tidy refers to, is 59.99.... which seems very cheap for a set that may contain an AT-AT which would explain why "it will likely disappoint most people" but is why I'm asking for clarification.

oh no ...

I am extremely disapointed by all the sets. I expected a new AT RT driver and an update of AT RT not the previous one with different colors. Dropship looks terrible, Slave I looks weird and snowspeeder has nothing new.

Just now, DEAD1974 said:

oh no ...

The translation on that article is "This set is the largest of the Action Battle Sets and comes with 5 minifigures. The base is a small rebel base, a rebel tower, a turret of the Empire and a small AT-AT." which makes you wonder just how small it is...

Just now, HothFan1987 said:

The translation on that article is "This set is the largest of the Action Battle Sets and comes with 5 minifigures. The base is a small rebel base, a rebel tower, a turret of the Empire and a small AT-AT." which makes you wonder just how small it is...

so seriously we will not a get a single nice build for star wars so far ... I can´t believe this

Clone scout walker :wub:  Definitely picking that one up, it's gorgeous. Weird the new kashyyyk droid isn't in it though.  20 bucks is kinda hefty for the dropship, but I might pick one up.  I don't have a whole lot of interest for the others, except for the slave 1 maybe. That one is pretty slick too.

Can't believe they didn't put in a new helmet for the AT-RT driver or snowspeeder pilots... Really underwhelming wave, could have done without it... :hmpf_bad:

Not even a new camo droid in the "oversized" scout walker...

Edited by Cyberfounder

y'all nailed it right in the bullseye ...

and for $60 all in, that at-at can't be much bigger than a microfighter ... 

i really hope the kids love these action battle sets and they are exceptionally profitable for lego ... and they can put effort and resources into 2020 ... after all this april stuff the only substantial stuff left is a bunch of epi 9 sets [and any retail exclusives that surprise us all] ... 

Man that Podracer is gorgeous definetly a Day 1 pick up for me. Slave 1 looks great as well but I might wait on that one bit as it's not a high priority set (tbh the little one from Betrayal At Cloud City has pleased me quite greatly). Might pick one up for a discounted price to get Zuckuss. The rest I'm kinda lukewarm about. 

Edited by RODDY

It's awesome to see a Zuckuss figure, and the yellow classic figures are nice additions, even if they mainly cater to nostalgia. However, the sets they've been added to seem very random and odd...
They could've easily added them to more relevant sets. Darth Vader with the Imperial Dropship, Lando in the Slave I set, pilot Luke Skywalker in the Hoth set... some sort of tactic, I'll suppose.

For me, none of these sets are bad by any means. The builds are solid and the figures are too for the most part. I would describe this wave just as underwhelming, which for something like the 20th anniversary of the line, is not permissible to me as a LEGO Star Wars fan of 16 years. Now there is still many sets to be revealed, so I haven't lost all hope. I remember 2009 when we got amazing kits like the Battle of Endor, Tantive IV, Home One, Dropship with AT-OT, and Vader's TIE Advanced. I'm okay with remakes, but seeing something more fresh than the same damn snowspeeder with the same damn cockpit piece would be nice.

25 minutes ago, Tidy said:

y'all nailed it right in the bullseye ...

and for $60 all in, that at-at can't be much bigger than a microfighter ... 

i really hope the kids love these action battle sets and they are exceptionally profitable for lego ... and they can put effort and resources into 2020 ... after all this april stuff the only substantial stuff left is a bunch of epi 9 sets [and any retail exclusives that surprise us all] ... 

One can hope for one of the next two UCS to be an At-At, no?

Edited by namioik

Wow, these sets look fantastic! I told myself I didn't need another Slave 1 especially since I have the UCS... but dangit that looks so good, I have to have it! They did an incredible job of utilizing the UCS design style. My only disappointment with this set is that the Carbonite piece still hasn't been updated. I also love the AT-RT set, it definitely uses almost the exact same engineering as the Umbaraan set. I'm glad it includes some other builds. It's nice to get another Spider Droid and the weapon implacement looks good. Anakin's Podracer looks really good, that'll be another must have for me. The Imperial Dropship looks awful! But who am I kidding, I'm still going to get it for the figs. Snowspeeder is an easy pass, if I never see another Snowspeeder again I wouldn't miss them but hey, to each their own.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:40 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Are you sure? This is a really nice clip of the bomber battle, for reference. I can't find him. There's a guy with a yellow crest on his helmet at 2:30, who might be who you're thinking of, but he doesn't have the writing across the crest that the minifigure does, besides the crest being on the wrong side. I can't promise that the minifigure guy isn't somewhere in the background on D'Qar or the Raddus, but I don't think he's on a bomber.

Touche. No writing on the helmet. Always though that was legos inspiration. The fact that the insignia is on the wrong side didnt dissuade me as footage is mirrored fairly often in movies. 

So the irony is that the podracer is the best of the wave but I wont get it as I dont collect prequel lego amd the snowspeeder and dropship are the worse but therell be the only ones I get for sure. Figure wise the dropship is great. 

The pilot figures in the snowspeeder use the x-wing pilot torso and legs and dak is still using that terrible grin face. I have a whole pilot squadron of smirking imbeciles. Yet, Ill still get it because I love hoth sets. Touche, lego.

I'm here not as a Lego Star Wars fan - indeed, I try to avoid all but the must-have Star Wars sets because I've experienced them to be worse value compared to other sets. 

So, these 'legacy' minifigures confuse me a bit, both in terms of their placement into such random sets and . . do these have, like, MASSIVE appeal to Star Wars collectors? Because it seems very unlike Lego to put these figures that are obviously just collectables into sets that, as far as I can see, are just another wave of Star Wars sets. Like they were shoehorned in at the last minute. Does anyone know what's going on?