Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I guess the sets look okay, but the figure selection is kinda meh. Yea, Zuckuss comes in the big set, but he is the only reason to buy that set. The dropship has a good minifigure selection, but it depends all on the price as 20$ mostly translates to €25-30. The rest doesn't even look appealing expect for maybe the walker. 

Ah well, this will probably save me some money :P 

Hell ! Oo

Am I the only one who think that this new Slave 1 looks so much better than UCS Slave 1 75060 ? @_@

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Am I right in thinking the new snowspeeder pilots are using the same legs and torsos as the X-Wing pilots now?

Unless the back is changed they appear to be the same. 

The Shadowtrooper is the OLD stormtrooper mold :grin:

Perfect. It can go with the stormtrooper army I’ve built over the last five years. 

Only problem is that price of 20 bucks?! Really? For a battle pack? 

Love the look of the new Slave I! The amount of detail is a massive improvement over the 2010 version and its great to see they've utilized a lot of building techniques from the UCS version. It looks like they've also finally fixed the correct wing orientation in flight mode. The spring loaded missiles also look much less intrusive than the rubber and flick fire missiles from the previous sets. Definitely a worthy upgrade! :thumbup:

Wasn't expecting a new hairpiece for Padme as the existing one still holds up but its certainly a welcome addition. Her new torso print is a major upgrade over the last with much more detail but its a shame she's reusing Jyn Erso's head instead of her own. Still a great figure overall. The podracer itself looks decent. Very similar to the last but with more greebling detail. Missed opportunity not including Shmi or C-3PO though.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Am I right in thinking the new snowspeeder pilots are using the same legs and torsos as the X-Wing pilots now?

I noticed that too. It does feel a bit lazy throwing them in when they've been using the proper Snowspeeder uniforms in all the other Hoth sets for so long. The new Hoth Rebel also looks to be a lot less accurate than the last version.

i’m relieved that my info on a playset coming with the slave 1 was wrong. very relieved. also very excited to get an amazing slave 1 finally. 

10 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Perfect. It can go with the stormtrooper army I’ve built over the last five years. 

I don't think it is. I'm sure it's the new version.

10 minutes ago, Forresto said:

It’s the new mould :wink: The minifig has leaked on IG a last week or so

I'm stunned, in a really bad way.

For an anniversary line, the models are very underwhelming. The extra Minifig in each set raises the prices (Dropship :facepalm:) and relies mainly on the nostalgia of us fans to spend money.

Except for the Snowspeeder (the only reason to buy is: I don't have one) and the Pod-Racer, none of the sets are very great. Disappointing...

I'm excited! I'm eyeing three sets from this line.

I don't have a Slave 1 and I love how the model looks. Hoth Han is a nice inclusion with lots of other great figures. Can't wait to get it.

The Snowspeeder I'm getting because I don't have one and because I can add the Lando to my Carbon Freeze MOD.

Lastly, the Pod Racer is one I'll get when it goes down a but in price. I really like it, just not top of my priority list.

Overall, very happy with this wave even if the prices are bad.

Slave I is the best of the bunch. Just the UCS edition at a smaller scale, with a good selection of minifigures to boot. The use of slopes near the boarding ramp looks a little sloppy and it bothers me that they have not updated the carbonite brick, but boy does this come a long way from using those large curved slops from the last three renditions.

That snowspeeder is very underwhelming. Practically nothing build-wise to distinguish it from the last two, and STILL using the SAME incorrect cockpit mold that they have for two decades in not acceptable. I do like that they removed the hideous multi-stud cannon from that turret gun however, this looks much cleaner. Personally, I prefer the older helmets so I don't mind that they are used here.

The podracer is also a good update. Lots of engine detail and those lightning pieces look fantastic in magenta, but the blockiness of the engines bothers me - they should be more rounded. Padme's figure is also a nice update but her hair piece looks a little oversized.

The AT-RT is oversized but that's understandable to up the piece count and level of detail at this scale. It looks fantastic as does the beach barrier side build, and I love the miniaturized defense turret added onto the front. The minifigures and spider droid are ok but fairly bland.

Imperial Dropship was ever really only popular for the figures. The build itself wasn't special, but this one looks nice. I love the mix of dark blue with the black and grey. It's more attractive than the old livery. A nice way to collect a bunch of the new stormtroopers. $20 price tag is asinine though. 

Edited by TWRAddict

>Padme reusing another Star Wars character's head

>it doesn't even look remotely like Padme

What were they thinking???

Just now, TWRAddict said:

$120 USD, $160 CAD.

Ok thanks. I'm expecting around a £100 price tag in the UK then. Not too bad. Would like to see its size though.

Just now, Spongebob456 said:

Ok thanks. I'm expecting around a £100 price tag in the UK then. Not too bad. Would like to see its size though.

It looks to be shorter in height and shorter in length. so overall smaller compared to 8097/etc.

Edited by TWRAddict

Just now, TWRAddict said:

It looks to be shorter in height and shorter in length. so overall smaller compared to 8097/etc.

Darn. Might wait for the price to come down. Not sure if these sets are expected to fly off shelves, given they're 20th anniversary ones etc. I hope we get some nice box art.

I'm really disappointed that the Snowspeeder is still exactly the same. I guess since it's still the same it was 20 years ago, it really fits the anniversary though.

The Slave I is really good and I'll probably get it even though I already have the UCS.

The AT-RT is by far my favorite of the bunch. Disappointing we still don't actually get the correct driver though.

Anakin's Pod is okay, I guess. I'll get it since I don't have one.

The Imperial Dropship is just overpriced. It's a battle pack - crappy build, desirable figures, but it gets bumped up $5.

I'll get them all probably, but I'm definitely waiting for a sale first.

£119.99. Same as Vader's Castle.

Alrighty, thanks. Will be waiting for the price to come down. 

It's been a pattern for a while now to decrease the overall size but increase the exterior detail and sturdiness of the model. Would love some interior shots and angles where I can see the back. That's what'll really make it or break it for me.

The biggest positive for me is that they didn't redo the original Slave 1. Whereas some ships designs haven't changed that much, Slave 1 has really changed for the better.

7144-1.jpg?200709280620

I guess they're still doing gigantic AT-RTs and still not doing Phase II ARF Troopers lol. I would much prefer that exact set except with two smaller walkers (and second driver). Along with being more accurate I think it'd be just as, if not more fun for kids to have two smaller ones to make a little battle scene, and the AT-AP already has the whole "big walker on Kashyyyk" thing covered.

I love the Slave I, I understand people already have the UCS version but UCS is a pretty niche thing, I don't think it should have much bearing on what they do for system scale sets. Fantastic figure collection (though I wouldn't have minded one more, like Lando, Lobot or Cloud City Leia) and a really nicely detailed model. Will be interesting to see what features it has on the inside.