Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

So what is my best bet to get Finch Dallow? I don't have the resistance bomber yet. I guess buying in store (at the Lego store)?

2 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

So what is my best bet to get Finch Dallow? I don't have the resistance bomber yet. I guess buying in store (at the Lego store)?

The images on the websites can't be trusted, so in-store is the only way to be 100% sure you'll get him.

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

The images on the websites can't be trusted, so in-store is the only way to be 100% sure you'll get him.

Was the box updated?

4 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

LEGO store would be your best bet, as then you can check the box art to see if he's listed as the pilot. Note he'll still be called 'Resistance Bomber Pilot' but the graphic will show your boy Finch.

Just now, Chill said:

Was the box updated?

Yes, and the instructions manual. Which makes it all the more weird that LEGO would sink the cost of this so late into the production run of a retiring set.

Edited by Procrastinathan

It's definitely a messy situation that Lego has gotten themselves into with the Finch Dallow minifigure. A great option would be to simply include him in this year's advent calendar and save everyone the headache of tracking him down.

Just now, The_Chosen_1 said:

It's definitely a messy situation that Lego has gotten themselves into with the Finch Dallow minifigure. A great option would be to simply include him in this year's advent calendar and save everyone the headache of tracking him down.

Yep very good idea. I think it would be best to offer him for free if you are able to provide a receipt for the product. 

1 hour ago, Procrastinathan said:

So, an... interesting... update on the Finch Dallow situation. I've just received a confirmation email from LEGO regarding the replacement fig they're shipping, and included are the names and part numbers of the bits that make up the fig. I've looked them up to see if it corresponds with the right parts, and, well it's interesting for sure. It appears that they're shipping me the torso and legs of the pilot (which is the same for all of the bomber crew), Paige's helmet and Lando's face :roflmao: I think the rep I talked to may have taken some liberties when I said that the the proper pilot for the bomber is African American :')

Incredible! :D I applaud their ingenuity.

2 hours ago, Procrastinathan said:

So, an... interesting... update on the Finch Dallow situation. I've just received a confirmation email from LEGO regarding the replacement fig they're shipping, and included are the names and part numbers of the bits that make up the fig. I've looked them up to see if it corresponds with the right parts, and, well it's interesting for sure. It appears that they're shipping me the torso and legs of the pilot (which is the same for all of the bomber crew), Paige's helmet and Lando's face :roflmao: I think the rep I talked to may have taken some liberties when I said that the the proper pilot for the bomber is African American :')

Weird that they still have the Paige helmet then. Because it is retired they don't have the Finch helmet anymore. I always hate that when a set gets retired they immediately don't have a single exclusive piece of it anymore. And yeah I guess that's because of how their tight inventory works but that doesn't explain that they still have the Paige helmet.

8 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

Weird that they still have the Paige helmet then. Because it is retired they don't have the Finch helmet anymore. I always hate that when a set gets retired they immediately don't have a single exclusive piece of it anymore. And yeah I guess that's because of how their tight inventory works but that doesn't explain that they still have the Paige helmet.

That's a good point; I didn't consider that. Looking at the parts breakdown on Bricks & Pieces shows that indeed every exclusive element for that set is out of stock - including Paige's helmet, and the torso/legs that all of the flight crew use. That opens up the possibility that I could actually end up receiving the correct head and helmet then, and that the item number/names I've been given are simply incorrect. 

1 hour ago, Procrastinathan said:

Looking at the parts breakdown on Bricks & Pieces shows that indeed every exclusive element for that set is out of stock -

I can't remember which set it was or the piece (might have been a replacement sticker sheet actually), but when I once rang up customer support and asked about it, I seem to recall the response was to do with licensing. They would need approval to produce more. Hence if a SW figure broke you have to provide photo evidence of it and proof of purchase etc. You can't just order 10 stormtroopers via B&P that way haha. A standard brick they'd replace no questions asked. Sorry a little off topic...

Based on the April wave, slave 1 set would need to be special to get it since the UCS is pretty amazing. I'm trying to cut back my Lego spending (or make it appear to seem that way to my wife...) so in a way I'm glad to see some resistance sets that won't interest me, but I appreciate kids and other AFOLs will enjoy.

3 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

New helmet leaked. It's Griff Halloran's, probably for the Black Ace set.

That helmet :wub:

On 1/24/2019 at 4:58 AM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

No, they aren't the same thing. System-scale means 'normal', for lack of a better term; the vehicles and such will be sized appropriately that minifigures can interact with them (see the 'normal' Millennium Falcons, like the recent Kessel Run one, as opposed to the mini ones that are too small for minifigs to sit in the cockpit). 'Minifig scale' means that the vehicle is the size of the actual vehicle in Star Wars relative to an idealized minifigure, assuming a minifig represents a person ~6 feet tall, and is usually about 1:40. For small vehicles, like X-wings and speeders, system-scale and minifig-scale might be pretty close, but for larger vehicles (like the Falcon) minifig scale is a lot bigger--the UCS Falcon is minifig scale. For some really small vehicles, like the original Republic Fighter Tank and some of the Jedi starfighters, system-scale is larger than minifig-scale. We don't know for sure what the Slave I is going to be, but the recent USC version was minifig-scale (more or less), and this one's smaller than that, so it will probably be system-scale.

Sorry to go off topic, but just wanted to echo the thanks for this explanation - it's cleared a few things up for me!

Edited by HothFan1987
typo

that feeling when you wake up on a friday morning and find out the zuckuss rumour is absolutely 100% true and looks just like you hoped ... 

Just now, Tidy said:

that feeling when you wake up on a friday morning and find out the zuckuss rumour is absolutely 100% true and looks just like you hoped ... 

Is there an image of him floating around? Can't see it on IG

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

These are very good news! Finally we'll get all the bounty hunters from ESB :sweet:

Just now, dvogon said:

These are very good news! Finally we'll get all the bounty hunters from ESB :sweet:

yes, finally!

there's a blurry image out, don't know why these insta-leakers need to be such teases though ... 

17 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

I'm in the US and just chatted with Customer Support about Finch. Bought my set in December but did not get the updated version. Just mentioned I had bought my set after the update and was disappointed that I didn't receive Finch and they put in an order for the parts. Will update once it ships to see if I actually get the correct parts as they are also showing as out of stock in the US.

book mini fig seems to have leaked ...

drumroll ... 

bacta finn with sleepy face and awake face ... 

Just now, Tidy said:

book mini fig seems to have leaked ...

drumroll ... 

bacta finn with sleepy face and awake face ... 

That's a pretty cool fig. Probably not cool enough to make me buy a book, but still cool.

i preordered the book for 15 ... i'm ok with that price and getting a real exclusive fig is definitely worth it ...