Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, Tidy said:

let's just say that you are on to something that they are overlooking.

Are you implying, there is more than the slave 1 in the set? Like a secondary build?

38 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Are you implying, there is more than the slave 1 in the set? Like a secondary build?

I think Tidy was just talking about nobody else having commented on the price of the set yet, but at 1000 pieces there pretty much has to be something more to it; that's almost twice the size of the last system-scale Slave I. The number of pieces per model has increased over the last few years, but not to nearly that degree.

1000 pieces does seem very high for a system-scale Slave I. The last one wasn't even 600. And I know piece counts have been going up across the board with smaller parts being used, but that still seems like a huge jump. Not even gonna comment on the price because like... what do we even expect at this point?

Edited by Magmafrost

11 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

1000 pieces does seem very high for a system-scale Slave I. The last one wasn't even 600. And I know piece counts have been going up across the board with smaller parts being used, but that still seems like a huge jump. Not even gonna comment on the price because like... what do we even expect at this point?

If that 120 euros translates to $140, the price per piece for the new one will be better than the 2010 version. Which isn't great, but as these things go, I don't think we're getting fleeced there. The Action Battle of Endor, on the other hand....

To clarify is the new slave 1 going to be minfig scale? is minifig scale and system scale the same thing?

Edited by ARIEL-1970

25 minutes ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

To clarify is the new slave 1 going to be minfig scale? is minifig scale and system scale the same thing?

No, they aren't the same thing. System-scale means 'normal', for lack of a better term; the vehicles and such will be sized appropriately that minifigures can interact with them (see the 'normal' Millennium Falcons, like the recent Kessel Run one, as opposed to the mini ones that are too small for minifigs to sit in the cockpit). 'Minifig scale' means that the vehicle is the size of the actual vehicle in Star Wars relative to an idealized minifigure, assuming a minifig represents a person ~6 feet tall, and is usually about 1:40. For small vehicles, like X-wings and speeders, system-scale and minifig-scale might be pretty close, but for larger vehicles (like the Falcon) minifig scale is a lot bigger--the UCS Falcon is minifig scale. For some really small vehicles, like the original Republic Fighter Tank and some of the Jedi starfighters, system-scale is larger than minifig-scale. We don't know for sure what the Slave I is going to be, but the recent USC version was minifig-scale (more or less), and this one's smaller than that, so it will probably be system-scale.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thank you. Finally someone who knows how to give a straight answer. We get news in this thread too so the title tells me very little and I don’t recall the original post saying there can be no discussion specifically. Thank you for clarifying, I didn’t realize it was such a huge deal to ask I simple question. Instead of directing me all over the place someone with the answer to my original question could literally have just said “the rumored price is $119.99”. Would that have been so hard?

I directed you to the News thread as it has all the information in one place and you could see all the set prices ans piece counts. Didn't think you could get more direct.

13 hours ago, Chill said:

I look forward to hearing more about it.  I imagine there has to be some kind of a landing platform or another ship to justify the increase in pieces and price.

Maybe the Mist Hunter!? Now that would be cool...

9 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

When you think about how the most recent Clone Turbo Tank is smaller yet contains 100 more pieces than the original 2005 one, I think it's easy to imagine how the new Slave one would have such a higher piece count if it keeps the similar dimensions (or possibly even slightly bigger?). There's lots of opportunity for intense greebling on a model like that, and they might possibly flesh out what can be done with the interior. Also there might be a separate little build (or multiple) that inflate the piece count like a gun turret, platform, maintenance bay etc.

Quite a solid wave of sets here. Is this list all for April release?

The Resistance Tie Fighter sounds great. 

The anniversary sets aren’t spectacular but I’d imagine they’ll sell well so people can get all the exclusive old figures. 

Hopefully it’s an AT-RT driver in the Clone Scout Walker! 

Missed opportunity to include Shmi in the Podracer. The new Scout Trooper and Snowtrooper look good.  

5 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Quite a solid wave of sets here. Is this list all for April release?

The Resistance Tie Fighter sounds great. 

The anniversary sets aren’t spectacular but I’d imagine they’ll sell well so people can get all the exclusive old figures. 

Hopefully it’s an AT-RT driver in the Clone Scout Walker! 

Missed opportunity to include Shmi in the Podracer. The new Scout Trooper and Snowtrooper look good.  

in case anyone cares what i think. ;-]

ive updated my thoughts on april:

Duel at Starkiller Base - NO
Action Attack Battle of Endor - MAYBE [$30 for a speeder and a scout?]
Action Attack Battle of Hoth Generator - MAYBE [$30 for a snowie and rebel?] 
Major Vonreg’s TIE Fighter - YES
Defend Action Battle Echo Base - MAYBE [$60 for a couple snowies and rebels?]
Black Ace TIE Interceptor - YES
Slave I - 20th Anniversary Edition - YES
Anakin's Podracer - 20th Anniversary Edition - NO
Snowspeeder - 20th Anniversary Edition - NO
Clone Scout Walker - 20th Anniversary Edition - NO
Imperial Dropship - 20th Anniversary Edition - NO

even though i have a lot of NOs ... this is a decent wave, and very good for a lot of people and imho makes up for the lackluster january wave ...

the action battle sets are quite odd though, but is really what friends and i did with lego long ago ... just not ‘officially’ ... and could be useful for parts and such ...

11 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

i am actually. there is something. 

10 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

If that 120 euros translates to $140, the price per piece for the new one will be better than the 2010 version. Which isn't great, but as these things go, I don't think we're getting fleeced there. The Action Battle of Endor, on the other hand....

it is $119.99 USD as stated in the news thread. that is 100% without a doubt accurate. i can’t 100% say what EUR or GBP will be. i have CAD that is 100% confirmed. 

I had a chat online with LEGO customer service UK yesterday regarding Finch Dallow. They were really helpful, and after checking stock and clarifying that I wanted the updated bomber pilot (Finch himself) the customer service rep told me that I'd receive the fig in the post within 10 days. I have yet to receive a confirmation email, but will keep you guys posted on whether it arrives or not, as others in the UK have been told that LEGO has no Finch Dallows in stock. We'll see what happens!

New photos of Vonreg and the Shadowtrooper on IG. Vonreg looks amazing, but sadly has an unprinted black head under his helmet. Not an issue if he never appears helm-less in the series I guess, but I haven't watched enough to confirm that. Shadowtrooper looks great, as the helmet appears to be black with dual molded gunmetal plastic for the visor and mouth - this looks much better than the first image we saw as it appeared the helmet was entirely black with a couple of gunmetal highlights. Really makes the eyes pop out more. 

Edited by Procrastinathan

1 hour ago, Procrastinathan said:

I had a chat online with LEGO customer service UK yesterday regarding Finch Dallow. They were really helpful, and after checking stock and clarifying that I wanted the updated bomber pilot (Finch himself) the customer service rep told me that I'd receive the fig in the post within 10 days. I have yet to receive a confirmation email, but will keep you guys posted on whether it arrives or not, as others in the UK have been told that LEGO has no Finch Dallows in stock. We'll see what happens!

Freshly off the chat with Lego customer service (again). As always extremely nice but clearly the situation's a bit of a mess. My rep confirmed they're out of stock but suggested that maybe the database is being updated, which would explain why Procrastinathan got a different response. (I should stress they were guessing – don't turn this into a rumour.) They took my details and put in an order for the fig, or perhaps just the head & helmet; not quite sure, either way works. It may or may not arrive.

Edited by DomMk

4 minutes ago, DomMk said:

Freshly off the chat with Lego customer service (again). As always extremely nice but clearly the situation's a bit of a mess. My rep confirmed they're out of stock but suggested that maybe the database is being updated in Procrastinathan got a different response. (I should stress they were guessing – don't turn this into a rumour.) They took my details and put in an order for the fig, or perhaps just the head & helmet; not quite sure, either way works. It may or may not arrive.

Yeah it's an odd situation - I was originally gonna go through Parts n Bricks but it showed that the Finch parts (or rather any of the unique parts for the set) were out of stock, so that's why I tried my luck with customer support. Unsure on why my rep seemed to find him in stock when others who tried before me had no luck, but who knows. There's always the chance he'll turn up in this years Star Wars advent calendar anyways; they're a good way for LEGO to get rid of their excess stock of random figs.

Kaz's hair piece is interesting take on an undercut, makes me wonder if they'll ever do a short back and sides for TPM Obi-Wan and AoTC Anakin. Though it seems a little thick I guess it matches how it looks in the show (the colour suggesting that it's buzzed black hair but the actual animated model has it looking a bit too dense for that). I always had it in my head that with a character like that they'd simply do printing for the back and sides and a small hairpiece would sit exclusively on top.

I contacted Lego's customer service about Finch Dallow too. Since I live in the Netherlands they also said something along the lines of: it's out of production (as has been stated before in this thread). But in addition they also said that they could not send it because it is definitively out of production and that 'I should just look for a set with a minifigure that looks like it'. :wacko: They were willing to send me such a minifigure though, but it's a really weird response.

34 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

do you know what it is?

Maybe it's a multi Slave I set: a Boba Slave I + all pieces and minifigures to create a Jango Slave I.

They did it with the UCS Falcon so it could be possible AND it would be a true anniversary set.

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

do you know what it is?

not a clue.

12 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

No, they aren't the same thing. System-scale means 'normal', for lack of a better term; the vehicles and such will be sized appropriately that minifigures can interact with them (see the 'normal' Millennium Falcons, like the recent Kessel Run one, as opposed to the mini ones that are too small for minifigs to sit in the cockpit). 'Minifig scale' means that the vehicle is the size of the actual vehicle in Star Wars relative to an idealized minifigure, assuming a minifig represents a person ~6 feet tall, and is usually about 1:40. For small vehicles, like X-wings and speeders, system-scale and minifig-scale might be pretty close, but for larger vehicles (like the Falcon) minifig scale is a lot bigger--the UCS Falcon is minifig scale. For some really small vehicles, like the original Republic Fighter Tank and some of the Jedi starfighters, system-scale is larger than minifig-scale. We don't know for sure what the Slave I is going to be, but the recent USC version was minifig-scale (more or less), and this one's smaller than that, so it will probably be system-scale.

Great! thanks for the explanation.

15 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I think Tidy was just talking about nobody else having commented on the price of the set yet, but at 1000 pieces there pretty much has to be something more to it; that's almost twice the size of the last system-scale Slave I. The number of pieces per model has increased over the last few years, but not to nearly that degree.

I was thinking about that, too. Sure, these sets tend to have more pieces over time (compare 7190 to 4504 and 7965), but my 6209 has just over 500 parts, and I can't imagine how the new one can have twice that. I wonder if it'll fit somewhere in between the previous system models and the UCS Slave I?

So, an... interesting... update on the Finch Dallow situation. I've just received a confirmation email from LEGO regarding the replacement fig they're shipping, and included are the names and part numbers of the bits that make up the fig. I've looked them up to see if it corresponds with the right parts, and, well it's interesting for sure. It appears that they're shipping me the torso and legs of the pilot (which is the same for all of the bomber crew), Paige's helmet and Lando's face :roflmao: I think the rep I talked to may have taken some liberties when I said that the the proper pilot for the bomber is African American :')

Edited by Procrastinathan

Just now, DEAD1974 said:

In which set will be the Darth Vader?

most likely it is the clone scout walker ...