Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

58 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Speaking of different troopers, now we're in an interesting position where some of the helmets have double-moulded visors (regular Stormies, Scout Troopers, Patrol Troopers, Mimban Stormtroopers, Shadow Troopers, Vonreg) while other recent ones still have printed visors (Range Troopers, all Clones, TIE Fighter Pilots, all First Order Troopers, Snowtroopers). Do you think the rest will be converted as well over time? Personally, I think they can perfectly co-exist (since I'm a regular collector who buys every set once rather than an army builder) :purrr:

I asked that myself. If they wanted to, they could have started with Commander Gree in set 75234. I'm not sure if a dual molded phase II helmet would actually be better and not just bigger than the current mold, so I hope that this change won't come. But at the end of the day, I don't know what caused this change, so I guess we just have to wait and see.

edit:

But if I had to bet, I'd say we'll see dual molded clone helmets.

Edited by Brickadeer

Just now, Chill said:

Am I missing something or does the price point for the Slave I look high?

lol, i'm quite surprised that you're the first to bring that up ... 

Just now, Tidy said:

lol, i'm quite surprised that you're the first to bring that up ... 

Haha, everyone else seemed cool with it, I was certain I was missing something.

Just now, Chill said:

Haha, everyone else seemed cool with it, I was certain I was missing something.

let's just say that you are on to something that they are overlooking.

26 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There’s no rumored X-Wing. The only two resistance sets rumored are Vonreg’s TIE and Black Ace, whatever those are. I don’t watch the show, I think it looks stupid but some of the leaked minifigs look pretty cool

Oooo, those will be some good builds. I thought the show was stupid but it's interesting to see more from the Sequels' era. If you're willing to accept and get past the fact that it's quite wacky like I did, I'd recommend it 

I understand that to some of you a snowspeeder is something that you never want released again, but to newer collectors, or even children who can't get ucs sets, a snowspeeder hasn't been released since 2014, it makes sense to release another one now, it's not unnecessary. 

Just now, Brickwraith said:

I understand that to some of you a snowspeeder is something that you never want released again, but to newer collectors, or even children who can't get ucs sets, a snowspeeder hasn't been released since 2014, it makes sense to release another one now, it's not unnecessary. 

Yeah, that makes sense considering the only way to get one now is with the UCS one, which isn't aimed towards that age range

Just now, Tidy said:

let's just say that you are on to something that they are overlooking.

I look forward to hearing more about it.  I imagine there has to be some kind of a landing platform or another ship to justify the increase in pieces and price.

Just now, Chill said:

I look forward to hearing more about it.  I imagine there has to be some kind of a landing platform or another ship to justify the increase in pieces and price.

That's interesting. Maybe one that can connect to the MBS Cloud City seeing as though the one in that set was so easily detachable 

Just now, Brickwraith said:

Snowspeeders are among my favorite ships.  I think those, along with the Slave 1, X Wing, Tie Fighter and AT-AT should frequently have some set available, allowing for variety  in sizes, styles, etc.

16 minutes ago, Chill said:

I bet it includes the garbage that they dump out of the star destroyer in ESB. :sarcasm:

23 minutes ago, Chill said:

Snowspeeders are among my favorite ships.  I think those, along with the Slave 1, X Wing, Tie Fighter and AT-AT should frequently have some set available, allowing for variety  in sizes, styles, etc.

I agree! I was always pretty sad that an AT-AT wasn't available at the same time as Assault on Hoth

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Only in Legends though, in Canon they're ARF Troopers :snicker:

Speaking of different troopers, now we're in an interesting position where some of the helmets have double-moulded visors (regular Stormies, Scout Troopers, Patrol Troopers, Mimban Stormtroopers, Shadow Troopers, Vonreg) while other recent ones still have printed visors (Range Troopers, all Clones, TIE Fighter Pilots, all First Order Troopers, Snowtroopers). Do you think the rest will be converted as well over time? Personally, I think they can perfectly co-exist (since I'm a regular collector who buys every set once rather than an army builder) :purrr:

I hope we get some 501st clone troopers first that match up with the 212th troopers etc, I have a small army of these guys and I really dont like differnt tyes of printing and helmets. I hope TLG will use the same style for the 501st as the use for the current clone troopers. I dont want to start building up my clones from scratch again. :ugh:

It would be sweet if you could make the Slave I either Boba’s or Jango’s. Like it would include the parts for both so you could choose or switch back and forth. That is extremely unlikely though, if not impossible. I’m grasping at straws here, don’t listen to me. On a serious note, what is the piece count and price of this Slave I? I don’t see it anywhere

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It would be sweet if you could make the Slave I either Boba’s or Jango’s. Like it would include the parts for both so you could choose or switch back and forth. That is extremely unlikely though, if not impossible. I’m grasping at straws here, don’t listen to me. On a serious note, what is the piece count and price of this Slave I? I don’t see it anywhere

1007 pieces if i understand well.

check stonewars.de

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

On a serious note, what is the piece count and price of this Slave I? I don’t see it anywhere

Check the 2019 SW news thread. :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

Let's see if the scale of the System-scale Slave I matches the scale of the System-scale MF. From a pieces count point of view it might be the case: 1000 pieces vs 1300 pieces. That would be great with so many System-scale MF editions sold in the last couple of years.

If this set has a good execution, then the pieces of the mid-scale Slave I in the UCS Bespin set could be safely reused for MOCs :sadnew:

Edited by dvogon

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I can’t find another Star Wars 2019 thread besides this one. It’s a 2019 set so let’s discuss. Price of the Slave I anybody?

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Not sure how this is different from this thread...

i suggest reading the very first post in each thread to gain the knowledge you seek.

24 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i suggest reading the very first post in each thread to gain the knowledge you seek.

Nice one. Already did, I really don’t see much difference. It’s for information on 2019 Star Wars sets. So is this thread. 

Whatever, it’s not important, I don’t really care. Back on track I guess. 

46 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Nice one. Already did, I really don’t see much difference. It’s for information on 2019 Star Wars sets. So is this thread. 

Whatever, it’s not important, I don’t really care. Back on track I guess. 

One is for news. The other is for discussion. As is indicated in the title of each thread. (Discussion in the News thread is not permitted)

25 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

One is for news. The other is for discussion. As is indicated in the title of each thread. (Discussion in the News thread is not permitted)

Thank you. Finally someone who knows how to give a straight answer. We get news in this thread too so the title tells me very little and I don’t recall the original post saying there can be no discussion specifically. Thank you for clarifying, I didn’t realize it was such a huge deal to ask I simple question. Instead of directing me all over the place someone with the answer to my original question could literally have just said “the rumored price is $119.99”. Would that have been so hard?