Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, HothFan1987 said:

I don't think I can justify buying another Slave 1 just for the Zuckuss figure, even though I really want him!

Exactly. If it was Jango’s it would be different but I’m not sure I can justify $130, or whatever it is, for one minifig

Jango's is long overdue for an remake but I don't mind getting another OT version. Its been almost a decade since the last system scale Slave I and that version is pretty dis-proportioned and dated by today's standards. The higher piece count and building techniques seen in the UCS version should hopefully give the ship a much needed makeover.

Just now, wesker said:

Jango's is long overdue for an remake but I don't mind getting another OT version. Its been almost a decade since the last system scale Slave I and that version is pretty dis-proportioned and dated by today's standards. The higher piece count and building techniques seen in the UCS version should hopefully give the ship a much needed makeover.

I suppose this was really the only way we would ever get a Zuckuss minifig so I guess it’s necessary. I do hope to get Jango’s down the road though. The prequels need some more love from TLG other than more versions of the AT-AP and Droid Gunship

Releasing a System-scale OT Slave I now makes the inclusion of a mid-scale one in the UCS Bespin set somewhat a waste of pieces that could better devoted to the Bespin station itself. Can't understand Lego logic here... :sceptic:

1 hour ago, speederbike said:

I just tried ordering directly from the missing parts service from Bricks and Pieces. It says out of stock here in the Netherlands as well, so I will have to wait and see what happens next. I will also report back here with my findings.

Well, that didn't work out. They cancelled my order for the parts being out of stock. Hope another way becomes available soon.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

So despite the fact that I do not want another Bomber, I ordered one from Amazon a few days ago. The new Finch fig is clearly shown in some of the set photos on the product page. Here in the UK, unless you happen to find random stock in stores, the Resistance Bomber is currently only available to order online from either Amazon or John Lewis. The set arrived today and, guess what, it's still the old generic Resistance Bomber Pilot. Ridiculous!

That is indeed ridiculous.  I'm sorry that happened.  :sceptic:  I'm sure the return will work, though.

59 minutes ago, speederbike said:

Well, that didn't work out. They cancelled my order for the parts being out of stock. Hope another way becomes available soon.

Did you try calling Customer Service directly?  The parts showed out of stock on the United States Bricks and Pieces website, as well.  That being said, I haven't received my minifigure in the mail yet, and I never got an email confirmation, so we'll see what happens.  I should know soon.

Re: the new minifigures list:

-I'm actually really surprised that they gave Padme the new midi-legs.  I thought it would be ages before they'd show up in Star Wars.  Should be a great minifigure, though!

-Honestly, I think Zuckuss is really ugly, and I wouldn't want him if not for completion's sake!  :laugh:  I have the UCS Slave I, so I don't even know if it's worth it for me personally to BrickLink a Zuckuss minifigure.  That being said, at least TLG listens to AFOLs' demands...sometimes.  :facepalm:  :grin:

-Glad to see Dak in the Snowspeeder.  It seems like the minifigure selections are deliberately echoing the old sets, which is fun.  However, if Dak doesn't have the new helmet mold, I will...probably eventually buy the set anyway, because it's a Snowspeeder.  :blush:

-With the possible exception of Starkiller Duel, all the others are a pass for me, until I see what the May the Fourth UCS set will be.

Edited by RogueTwo

1 hour ago, speederbike said:

They have just cancelled my order too. So I have exhausted all avenues now, having talked both to Customer services and gone through B&P.

Mini Legogo shared a red SW minifig from the Resistance show in his stories. Don't know who or what it is, but it looks good. The comparison picture shows that the helmet looks nearly identical to that in the show. 

Edit: NVM I saw it's already discussed on the other page :P 

Edited by Kevii23

On 1/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, Cyberfounder said:

Indeed, TLG prints torso and legs individually, I just don't get why when printing them as one piece gives a much better result. :hmpf:

You'd need a new machine that assembles legs and torsos. Really no big deal, but machines up the costs. They'd have to replace or revamp some printing machines -> more costs. Beancounters win.

Im really hoping the trooper in the scout Walker is a 91st phase 2, even though it has a wookie it doesn't say kashyyyk scout trooper so im getting my hopes up

13 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

Im really hoping the trooper in the scout Walker is a 91st phase 2, even though it has a wookie it doesn't say kashyyyk scout trooper so im getting my hopes up

i'm not an expert on clones, but i would think 'clone scout trooper' means the same one from the clone sets earlier this year ... 

apparently lego took the phrase 'what about the droid attack on the wookies' to heart this year and is not letting people forget it ...

Just now, Tidy said:

apparently lego took the phrase 'what about the droid attack on the wookies' to heart this year and is not letting people forget it ...

? Funny, I'm just hearing Rey's voice saying: 'The garbage'll do!'

16 minutes ago, Tidy said:

I’d die from laughter if they actually referred to that meme in the set description :rofl:

B2T: Is it just me or is the minifig selection for the Resistance sets even more random than usual? And where’s Griff’s BB unit? :wacko: I’m not complaining though, it’s just kinda weird 

As much as I love Boba and his Slave 1(he's my favorite character and he pilots my favorite ship) I was reeaally hoping it was Jango's. That would certainly justify a purchase. I can't believe we've only gotten Jango's ship once. I thought for sure it'd be Jango's to coincide with the recent Jedi Starfighter and Hyperspace Booster Ring. I have the last Slave 1 set and the UCS Slave 1 so I'm not sure I can justify getting this even if it has Zuckuss, depends on how different the build is and how good the figs look. Is this list super trustworthy? Parts of it sound a little too good to be true. 

On a different note I'm super excited about the new AT-RT set. 

Edited by ToaDraco

33 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i'm not an expert on clones, but i would think 'clone scout trooper' means the same one from the clone sets earlier this year ... 

Lmao!!! But im thinking if this is a remake of the 2005 atrt than they might redo the figure that came with that set

Hello all! I'm new to this thread and am wondering whether we have any news on what the 20th anniversary and Resistance sets are gonna be? Or are there other threads for them?

25 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Hello all! I'm new to this thread and am wondering whether we have any news on what the 20th anniversary and Resistance sets are gonna be? Or are there other threads for them?

Look through the last several pages of this thread and check IG. I’m sure all your questions will be answered

6 minutes ago, Displayedaction said:

Hoping the clone scout figure are these guys https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/AT-RT_driver they were on kashyyyk with those exact AT-RT's also referred to as scouts as well

Only in Legends though, in Canon they're ARF Troopers :snicker:

Speaking of different troopers, now we're in an interesting position where some of the helmets have double-moulded visors (regular Stormies, Scout Troopers, Patrol Troopers, Mimban Stormtroopers, Shadow Troopers, Vonreg) while other recent ones still have printed visors (Range Troopers, all Clones, TIE Fighter Pilots, all First Order Troopers, Snowtroopers). Do you think the rest will be converted as well over time? Personally, I think they can perfectly co-exist (since I'm a regular collector who buys every set once rather than an army builder) :purrr:

Thoughts 

Slave 1: Can't complain about a system scale Slave 1, although it would be perfect timing for Jangos...

Clone Walker: Wish they treated it more like they are with the Imperial Dropship - should have 4 standard clone troopers, rathar than 1 and a basic wookiee

Imperial Dropship: a classic battlepack type set that we've all been waiting for

Snowspeeder: unnecessary

Anakins Podracer: Simple and to the point

Starkiller Duel: Will be great to see a battle damaged Kylo and Rey

Resistance sets: Leia looks great, hopefully the Poe is updated as well

Edited by GryffindorResistance

I'm really hoping the snowspeeder set includes the new helmet molds, if it does it's a certain purchase for me (yey for Cloud City Lando). 

I'm not opposed to the sets we're supposed to be getting but I think it's overdue time for us to get more ships and locations that haven't been done multiple times already. Something like the Tantive IV would be nice. The Starkiller Duel is good because it's fresh and we haven't had much from that whole segment of TFA. I hope they don't do another X-WIng for the Resistance sets but the leaks seem to suggest otherwise

2 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I'm not opposed to the sets we're supposed to be getting but I think it's overdue time for us to get more ships and locations that haven't been done multiple times already. Something like the Tantive IV would be nice. The Starkiller Duel is good because it's fresh and we haven't had much from that whole segment of TFA. I hope they don't do another X-WIng for the Resistance sets but the leaks seem to suggest otherwise

There’s no rumored X-Wing. The only two resistance sets rumored are Vonreg’s TIE and Black Ace, whatever those are. I don’t watch the show, I think it looks stupid but some of the leaked minifigs look pretty cool

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

41 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Only in Legends though, in Canon they're ARF Troopers :snicker:

Speaking of different troopers, now we're in an interesting position where some of the helmets have double-moulded visors (regular Stormies, Scout Troopers, Patrol Troopers, Mimban Stormtroopers, Shadow Troopers, Vonreg) while other recent ones still have printed visors (Range Troopers, all Clones, TIE Fighter Pilots, all First Order Troopers, Snowtroopers). Do you think the rest will be converted as well over time? Personally, I think they can perfectly co-exist (since I'm a regular collector who buys every set once rather than an army builder) :purrr:

We clearly see them in ROTS but they are not canon ?....... AT RT drivers and arf are different kind of troopers or ARF are the TCW version of them but i doubt it.

Edit : well it seems you are right. I said wrong things then.

Edited by w219
edit