Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

16 minutes ago, wesker said:

New version of the Snowtrooper has leaked featuring leg printing instead of a cloth kama. I quite like the change as it does make the 2014 version look a bit plain in comparison.

I hope the legs are the only update?

46 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

The torso has been redesigned as well. The new print carries down from the body to the leg piece similar to the Kashyyyk Trooper.

46 minutes ago, wesker said:

The torso has been redesigned as well. The new print carries down from the body to the leg piece similar to the Kashyyyk Trooper.

Oh great, an other update... Well I'm sticking with the other recent design, getting a bit tired of army building from scratch every few waves. :wacko:

I would have prefered a cloth kama instead of printing. Very disapointing. Apart from that, it looks good. So this snowtrooper will come in the upcoming T47 ?

Just now, w219 said:

I would have prefered a cloth kama instead of printing. Very disapointing. Apart from that, it looks good. So this snowtrooper will come in the upcoming T47 ?

Not yet known. Chances are, if 75259 is to be true to its roots with 7130, it will come with two pilots and a Hoth rebel trooper, and then Lando is the rumoured anniversary figure. I recall SVL mentioned a while ago that 75241 would come with three rebels and a snowtrooper, so that is one accounted for there. More than likely that one will also feature in 75239.

Really love the new figures that were leaked, Kinda have high hopes for the resistance sets now. I'm also really excited that they're gonna reprint the original cloud city lando for the 20th anniversary. I wonder if he'll come with his cape.

mini_legogo's Instagram story suggests we are getting some more Resistance leaks in the next ten minutes.

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

It seems there's a 6th Anniversary set?

What is set 75260?

it seems? what is driving you towards that assumption?

where is this list from LEGO that shows 75260?

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

It's in LEGO's list for the April Wave.

And fits right between set's 75259 and 75261.

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

It's in LEGO's list for the April Wave.

And fits right between set's 75259 and 75261.

i'm genuinely curious, as there hasn't been a shred of evidence for 75260 [or 75227, 75231, 75232, or the bulk of everything between 75243 and 75258] other than assumptions that it exists because 75259 and 75261 exist ... 

it's entirely possible it exists and is a retailer exclusive [same with some of the other missing numbers, or they are epi 9 sets] ... 

if you have evidence of 75260 to the contrary i would love to hear it ...

Edited by Tidy

4 hours ago, Renown said:

mini_legogo's Instagram story suggests we are getting some more Resistance leaks in the next ten minutes.

He was correct. Better image of the Kaz minifigure (also showing off the back of the 20th anniversary Vader torso).

11 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Torso has a slightly different print, but from the looks of things, the legs should be fully visually compatible with the 2012-2016 snowtroopers.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

I'm not so fond of the new scout- and snowtrooper. I like the new mold of the scout's helmet, but I don't like the excessive printing, namely the part over the mouth piece and the three vertikal lines. I do not like the legs, either, since I cannot see what the new printing represents. In that regard (legs), I like the 2013 version much better. The last point goes for the snowtrooper as well; it simply doesn't benefit from the printed legs. To me, the snowtrooper legs (and e. g. phase 1 clones legs) looks best without any printing at all.

4 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

I'm not so fond of the new scout- and snowtrooper. I like the new mold of the scout's helmet, but I don't like the excessive printing, namely the part over the mouth piece and the three vertikal lines. I do not like the legs, either, since I cannot see what the new printing represents. In that regard (legs), I like the 2013 version much better. The last point goes for the snowtrooper as well; it simply doesn't benefit from the printed legs. To me, the snowtrooper legs (and e. g. phase 1 clones legs) looks best without any printing at all.

Personally, I’ll take leg printing every time

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, I’ll take leg printing every time

Maybe if they could line it up a little better. But I have not had a single fig were the torso and leg printing lines up and it just looks horrible. So I stopped collecting figues were the torso and leg printing needs to line up. :cry_sad:

It's strange that custom fig builders can do a better job at this than TLG.

while i agree they could be better with the tolerances  but in case you’re not sure, lego prints each half individually. most custom makers print them put together. 

i would never judge full rate production quality from ‘rescued’ factory seconds that appear well ahead of a set launch. 

Edited by Tidy

Just now, Tidy said:

while i agree they could be better with the tolerances  but in case you’re not sure, lego prints each half individually. most custom makers print them put together. 

i would never judge full rate production quality from ‘rescued’ factory seconds that appear well ahead of a set launch. 

Exactly. They are toys made in a factory, there will always be imperfections. It never really bothered me much

2 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Maybe if they could line it up a little better. But I have not had a single fig were the torso and leg printing lines up and it just looks horrible. So I stopped collecting figues were the torso and leg printing needs to line up. :cry_sad:

Man I thought I was the only one getting unlucky all the time. It just keeps getting worse. While I can live with the fact that it does not line up perfectly, a lot of the times the hips look completely disjointed from the torso. Also, the helmet print quality seems to be really bad the last couple of years as well, it's as if they just cannot print on curved surfaces with any sort of tolerance. Well, not surprising as they cannot even get printing on flat surfaces consistent.

In the light of this, I am happy the visors of the new Stormtrooper and Scout Trooper are dual-molded, since most secondary printing seems to fare a bit better. Still not a fan of the side profile of the new Stormtrooper though. As for the Snowtrooper, the addition of leg printing is unfortunate in this case, since it is so reliant upon the belt prints between legs and torso lining up correctly.