Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The Lego Movie 2 looks incredibly boring and overrated, including the sets, I wish Lego would focus more on Star Wars and Super Heroes this year. I’m disappointed that the Podracers doesn’t come with Shmi skywalker amd C-3PO. I’m starting to think they’ll never give us the core missing characters from the prequels. If the Slave I is Jango’s it had better come with Kaminoans!!

The 20th anniversary SW and Endgame sets are released in April and TLG‘s *very own feature film* is released in about three weeks... Gee, I wonder why they focus more on the latter :grin:

I actually like the Kaz fig and I haven't watched Resistance at all. Can't tell if the new hairpiece is printed or dual molded but it looks useful all the same.

Hm, I wonder which sets the characters are going to end up in... Kaz is probably in the Black Ace set while I expect Leia to show up in Vonreg‘s TIE set. I‘m also curious which other characters they‘ve chosen for the first two sets (and why they chose Black Ace over the Fireball *huh*)

1 hour ago, Cyberfounder said:

Resitance... A stupid show with sets that will  take up more space in the limited room in each wave we have. :thumbdown:

That's a bit strong. Will be interested to see how well the sets sell mind you, given the sales stats for the Rebels sets.

18 minutes ago, Spongebob456 said:

That's a bit strong. Will be interested to see how well the sets sell mind you, given the sales stats for the Rebels sets.

Maybe a little, but LEGO needs to cover so many era's these days with disney dropping a new show or movie every 5 minutes... 

1 hour ago, Cyberfounder said:

Resitance... A stupid show with sets that will  take up more space in the limited room in each wave we have. :thumbdown:

Agreed - they should do smaller Resistance sets, rather than big ones that just take up so much unnecessary, unwanted space on the shelves that never end up selling very well. That's exactly what happened with the Rebels sets.

There's so many classic Star Wars sets that havent been done and would sell loads better than large scale Resistance sets.

I noticed that the "new" Rebel pilot helmets, from last summer's X-wing, do not fit with their minifigures in the current Snowspeeder design.  I'm very curious to whether we finally get a new, more accurate canopy build, or whether they'll simply make the floor of the cabin deeper.  :hmpf_bad:  Or, heck, maybe we'll never seen those helmets again, but that seems unlikely.  With any luck, the set will at least give us a generic "Dak" helmet with side printing.

I will say this, though: I have never missed a Snowspeeder yet (except the original UCS) and if the rumor of the classic Lando bonus minifigure is true, that would be a nice alternative to buying "Betrayal at Cloud City."  With any luck, his cape would cover the commemorative anniversary print on his back.  Then just add an updated head and hair, and you have a pretty good Lando.  Seems like this deal is getting worse and worse (for my wallet) all the time.  :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Is anyone knowing if the new Slave 1 will be Jango or Bobas?

We already had this discussion a few pages back - no we don’t have any idea. At the moment it could genuinely be either due to multiple factors.

3 hours ago, Spongebob456 said:

I don't expect them to do too well to be honest. Resistance has much less of a fanbase than Rebels does (which itself was nowhere near as popular as The Clone Wars) while the target audience feels like it's aimed more towards the younger Yoda's Chronicles/Freemaker Adventures crowd - both whose sets were notorious shelve warmers.

That said the Kaz figure does look pretty good for what it is. Much for faithful to the character's animated design than Ezra and Sabine's figures were.

Just now, wesker said:

I don't expect them to do too well to be honest. Resistance has much less of a fanbase than Rebels does (which itself was nowhere near as popular as The Clone Wars) while the target audience feels like it's aimed more towards the younger Yoda's Chronicles/Freemaker Adventures crowd - both whose sets were notorious shelve warmers.

That said the Kaz figure does look pretty good for what it is. Much for faithful to the character's animated design than Ezra and Sabine's figures were.

Rebels also didn't have a huge fanbase when it started, it always takes some time for one to develop :purrr: This is probably also a reason they waited for the majority of the first season to air before starting to release sets based on it, in stark contrast to the previous two shows where they went all in from the get-go (especially TCW).

I'm excited to see which characters are also going to be featured in those two sets (since the next ones might take some time with Episode IX and the Mandalorian on the horizon). BB-8 is a given I think and Poe is also quite likely. I hope the rest of the cast shows up in sets next year, there's no way they're all going to be in the two upcoming ones :hmpf_bad:

23 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

I am not sure if this is good for the 2018 or 2019 forum, but has anyone been hearing about this? https://www.hothbricks.com/lego-star-wars-75188-resistance-bomber-mais-ou-est-finch-dallow/

Pages 56 and 57 of this thread are the original source for that. Nobody knows anything. The set's still available from S@H in the US, but it's already out of stock at every LEGO store near me. It's effectively retired. I ordered one online today to see if I'd get the new figure; I'll report back.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Pages 56 and 57 of this thread are the original source for that. Nobody knows anything. The set's still available from S@H in the US, but it's already out of stock at every LEGO store near me. It's effectively retired. I ordered one online today to see if I'd get the new figure; I'll report back.

I just read this... crazy because I just bought the resistance bomber on 1-13-19 from s@h u.s. Just went downstairs and looked at the box... but I can’t tell. It looks like the normal box with the gold/yellow stripe helmet... is the box supposed to be different or do I need to open it to find out?

On 1/15/2019 at 12:27 PM, jd4syth said:

Long time lurker here with proof: https://i.imgur.com/yOG5ia3.jpg

I got the Bomber for Christmas

Edit: it was purchased on November second, so the change has been around for a while

Based on this, mine is still the old one. And I just checked the slip that says it was bought last week... so maybe the change isn’t 100% effective? Or not changed here in the U.S.?

Edited by thorin

38 minutes ago, thorin said:

Based on this, mine is still the old one. And I just checked the slip that says it was bought last week... so maybe the change isn’t 100% effective? Or not changed here in the U.S.?

I was at ToysRus yesterday and they had bombers with both box arts, about 70%-30% the old one Vs the one with Finch

10 minutes ago, jd4syth said:

I was at ToysRus yesterday and they had bombers with both box arts, about 70%-30% the old one Vs the one with Finch

Where are you? Somewhere in Europe, I assume, because all the ToysRUs in the US are closed. I haven't seen any around here; everywhere near Atlanta's out of them.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Where are you? Somewhere in Europe, I assume, because all the ToysRUs in the US are closed. I haven't seen any around here; everywhere near Atlanta's out of them.

ToysRUs Canada survived under new ownership

the 20 years of LEGO Star Wars sets, will be released in April and that will be the only one wave, or we will get them through the whole year 2019?

New version of the Snowtrooper has leaked featuring leg printing instead of a cloth kama. I quite like the change as it does make the 2014 version look a bit plain in comparison.