Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Unexpected but I'm glad we're getting another General Leia, even though it is a little disappointing its the same costume as before and not one of the Last Jedi ones. Her new face print looks good - not as aged as the previous Force Awakens minifigure but still looking like an older version of the newest Death Star Escape figure. It's a welcome improvement.

As for which set she comes in - my first guess will be one of the two Resistance show sets as she's appeared in a couple episodes wearing that costume.

Yeah, she's coming in a Resistance set. Her TFA outfit is slightly different than her Resistance outfit with a tan collar under the green shirt.

star_wars_resistance_leia_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg

1 minute ago, avengers777 said:

Yeah, she's coming in a Resistance set. Her TFA outfit is slightly different than her Resistance outfit with a tan collar under the green shirt.

Ah good spot :)

14 minutes ago, TWRAddict said:

I can't find the pics you're talking about. Is it in the "usual" area?

Yep :)

The new shadow trooper print is remarkably close to Inferno squad's without the ammunition belt and therefore a potential upgrade for our Del and Seyn minifigs!

32 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Good eye on the tan collar. I didn't notice that but it's definitely present on the minifigure. With Leia's inclusion I suspect we'll also see Poe Dameron, Captain Phasma and BB-8 show up in the Resistance sets as well.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Good eye on the tan collar. I didn't notice that but it's definitely present on the minifigure. With Leia's inclusion I suspect we'll also see Poe Dameron, Captain Phasma and BB-8 show up in the Resistance sets as well.

In respect of Phasma, can we expect Lego to release deformed stylised stormtroopers for Resistance like they did for Rebels? 

I’m really starting to love the new stormtrooper helmet. The shadow trooper looks incredible. I suppose it’s from the 20th anniversary Imperial dropship remake?

There's enough variants of ''Shadow Troopers'', Shadow StormTroopers and Blackhole Troopers to give mysewlf a headache trying to figure out the exact source material for these guys, but I'm glad to see them.

Kind of a shame about the black lenses, I would have like a reflective silver for the goggles but oh well, 

This is an anniversary set I'm not skipping. 

54 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

There's enough variants of ''Shadow Troopers'', Shadow StormTroopers and Blackhole Troopers to give mysewlf a headache trying to figure out the exact source material for these guys, but I'm glad to see them.

Kind of a shame about the black lenses, I would have like a reflective silver for the goggles but oh well, 

This is an anniversary set I'm not skipping. 

Too bad it comes with the new stormtrooper helmet. :hmpf_bad:

4 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

I actually love the new design aside from the head not being able to turn hahaha. That's coming from a guy that owns 70 or so plain/variants stormtroopers :)

28 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

Works for me! I love the new helmet and I’m glad to see it on several stormtrooper variants

The Resistance sets should sell well if they have some of the sequel characters in them - that Leia looks great!

Hopefully they don't distort the stormtrooper helmets like they did for Rebels - those looked horrible!

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘ll gladly join that club :thumbup: I think a lot of people will change their opinion once they‘ve seen it IRL :sweet:

I didn‘t expect new Shadow Troopers... So the remakes are probably going to very faithful to the original sets in terms of minifigs (which could also be a bad thing, given the low amount of figs some of those had)

It's almost kinda funny they can't turn their heads. It reminds me of Rebels where Rex kept complaining about how terrible Stormtrooper helmets are to see and move around in and with the new mold, not being able to turn their heads kinda gives them an excuse for being terrible shots :laugh:

The new Shadow Trooper looks great though I would've liked some more printing on the helmet.

The anniversary figs don't do anything for me. Maybe if the selection was better(for me personally, objectively it's a good selection).

Edited by ToaDraco

Why does Lego act like the prequels never existed, especially with no prequel figures as part of the 20th Anniversary??

It was after all the prequels that started Lego Star Wars...

Hopefully they make us proud by making that Slave I Jango Fett's!

I got excited reading Black Ace Tie in the news page, only to realise it's a Resistance set...

Both Hoth sets have potential, can't wait for the Endor set too with that hot stuff of a scout trooper. 

Btw Draco, the Yavin IV crew and the Hoth rebel base would like a word with you about storm trooper aim. :wink:

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Why does Lego act like the prequels never existed, especially with no prequel figures as part of the 20th Anniversary??

We're also getting Anakin's Podracer, hopefully with medium leg Padme and a "naked" C3PO. Though it would have been cool to get a remake of Tusken Raider Encounter (I know it's a violent scene but it's Anakin's turning point). 

5 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

We're only getting five Anniversary figures and Luke, Han, Leia and Vader are too iconic not to be included. While the prequels do have more recognizable characters than Lando, I can understand why they decided to keep them all OT centric rather than have an odd character out.

The prequels aren't getting ignored though. We already have a micro Naboo Fighter, micro Sith Infiltrator, Droid Gunship and AT-AP this year with Anakin's Podracer, Clone Scout Walker and potentially Slave I also on the way. That's more than Rogue One, Solo and The Last Jedi have. Even The Force Awakens only has a single set with the Starkiller Base Dual.

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

We're also getting Anakin's Podracer, hopefully with medium leg Padme and a "naked" C3PO. Though it would have been cool to get a remake of Tusken Raider Encounter (I know it's a violent scene but it's Anakin's turning point). 

No C-3PO unfortunately. Just Anakin, Padme and the Anniversary figure.

I don't think Padme needs the medium legs. She wasn't any shorter in TPM than she was in AOTC/ROTS. Hopefully she will be one of the next minifigures to leak soon.

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Anyone know if the Hoth Attack, Endor Attack, and Echo Base sets are 4 + or system sets?

They're supposed to be a new type of shooter game. Its too early to know how different the builds will be from the regular sets.

5 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I got excited reading Black Ace Tie in the news page, only to realise it's a Resistance set...

Both Hoth sets have potential, can't wait for the Endor set too with that hot stuff of a scout trooper. 

Btw Draco, the Yavin IV crew and the Hoth rebel base would like a word with you about storm trooper aim. :wink:

Hey, it's like they say, get enough monkeys on typewriters and they'll write Shakespeare. :tongue:

Get enough Stormtroopers together aiming at the same thing and some of them will hit it eventually.

Edited by ToaDraco

8 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I actually love the new design aside from the head not being able to turn hahaha. That's coming from a guy that owns 70 or so plain/variants stormtroopers :)

Having both styles of helmet, the older one is not much better at turning. It looks like it is, but you can only turn it so far before it slides off the head. At least the new one doesn't pretend. 

4 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I hope this announced "big reveal" in about 2 hours will be the reveal of the 20th Anniversary sets.:excited:

I think it makes sense. I seem to recall that the August 2018 wave were revealed around April/May time, and a good number of figures had leaked by that point, so perhaps they are revealing a few months in advance here as well given the volume of leaks that have been occurring recently. 

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I hope this announced "big reveal" in about 2 hours will be the reveal of the 20th Anniversary sets.:excited:

where will it be?

The reveal had nothing to do with Star Wars lol. It was a 1:1 Lego Ford Truck promoting the Lego Movie 2. No idea what the relation is but hey

Just now, Bartybum said:

The reveal had nothing to do with Star Wars lol. It was a 1:1 Lego Ford Truck promoting the Lego Movie 2. No idea what the relation is but hey

Well that was a 'big' disappointment. ?