Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

The 20th Anniversary figures also come with a little display plate, that’s really neat. I’m liking what I’m seeing with the scout trooper and Kylo. 

I am seeing the leeks on instagram, but where are people finding out how the sets will be looking like?

1 hour ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

I am seeing the leeks on instagram, but where are people finding out how the sets will be looking like?

They're not. They just mean that they like the look of the figures.

There is a picture of the new Scout trooper, looks like we get a new helmet and printing. :wink:

The helmet looks great. :thumbup:

Edited by Cyberfounder

Just now, That Orange Thing said:

If the picture I have seen is to be believed the Lando is from the old cloud city set. That is a really nice way to get an expensive figure. 

It won’t be exactly the same figure, it’ll have a 20th anniversary logo print on the back. 

1 minute ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

If it's the same cape as in the 2003 Cloud City, that'll still bring the price of the original figure down by about $80...

It is in the picture but in looking at the brickset stock pic of cloud city Lando to compare I noticed that the picture on that German site that we are looking at is using the same brickset stock photo in the leak. I'm at work so do not have time to see if all the anniversary figs shown in that pic is using the old brickset pics. I'm guessing they did a mock up only.

According to the leaks, we know what minifigure goes with which set. And it is pretty disappointing due to the lack of link between the set and the minifigures in some cases.

For example OG Darth Vader in the Clone Scout Walker or Han Solo in the imperial Dropship.

27 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

It is in the picture but in looking at the brickset stock pic of cloud city Lando to compare I noticed that the picture on that German site that we are looking at is using the same brickset stock photo in the leak. I'm at work so do not have time to see if all the anniversary figs shown in that pic is using the old brickset pics. I'm guessing they did a mock up only.

Yes, that is exactly what I did. It says so in the description of the picture in the blog, but that is in german unfortunately. These are NOT the actual figures, it's just the bricklink pictures of the old versions. But the new ones should look the same (aside from the print on the back).

3 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Yes, that is exactly what I did. It says so in the description of the picture in the blog, but that is in german unfortunately. These are NOT the actual figures, it's just the bricklink pictures of the old versions. But the new ones should look the same (aside from the print on the back).

The question is whether the Lando has the new cape from Betrayal at Cloud City, a cape with the old lack of printing but the new spongy material, or if it's identical to the old one. I don't think LEGO is using the old papery cape material at all anymore, so it might not be quite the same piece, and the original costs a lot of money now.

2 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Just need to practice my German a bit more then or buy a phone that can translate a page. Thanks for clearing that up.

Just now, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The question is whether the Lando has the new cape from Betrayal at Cloud City, a cape with the old lack of printing but the new spongy material, or if it's identical to the old one. I don't think LEGO is using the old papery cape material at all anymore, so it might not be quite the same piece, and the original costs a lot of money now.

I don't know that for sure. The same thing with the chrome lightsabers: When LEGO changed the production it may even not be possible to really exactly achieve the old styled capes/lightsabers.

1 hour ago, Cyberfounder said:

There is a picture of the new Scout trooper, looks like we get a new helmet and printing. :wink:

The helmet looks great. :thumbup:

Dammit! I just bought two of the older ones... :wall:

Instead of the Imperial Dropship and Clone Walker, we should've gotten more iconic Star Wars scenes to really depict the "20th Anniversary"

They should've replaced those two sets with an Obi Wan vs Anakin set and Rey vs Kylo

Looks like we're also getting an update of the Black Stormtrooper minifigure from the original Imperial Dropship and TIE Crawler sets.

13 minutes ago, wesker said:

Looks like we're also getting an update of the Black Stormtrooper minifigure from the original Imperial Dropship and TIE Crawler sets.

I've always liked Shadow Troopers/ black armored Stormtroopers so that's great news. I seem to be one of the few that really likes the new helmet mold despite its inability to turn.

33 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I seem to be one of the few that really likes the new helmet mold despite its inability to turn.

I‘ll gladly join that club :thumbup: I think a lot of people will change their opinion once they‘ve seen it IRL :sweet:

I didn‘t expect new Shadow Troopers... So the remakes are probably going to very faithful to the original sets in terms of minifigs (which could also be a bad thing, given the low amount of figs some of those had)

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘ll gladly join that club :thumbup: I think a lot of people will change their opinion once they‘ve seen it IRL :sweet:

For what its worth my opinion of the new mold went down once I had it in my hands. The side profile is even worse than I realised, and the face is really flat and long, it just doesnt look anywhere near as good IMO. Though its also worth noting that Ive spend a hell of a lot more time looking at Lego stormtrooper helmets than real ones

So it looks like there's a new Force Awakens Leia coming. Same outfit as last time, but with some minor printing changes to the torso and face. Why we get her again, but not an ep 8 Leia yet is frustrating, but I presume maybe she comes in the RvsK set or a retailer exclusive we've yet to hear of?

Unexpected but I'm glad we're getting another General Leia, even though it is a little disappointing its the same costume as before and not one of the Last Jedi ones. Her new face print looks good - not as aged as the previous Force Awakens minifigure but still looking like an older version of the newest Death Star Escape figure. It's a welcome improvement.

As for which set she comes in - my first guess will be one of the two Resistance show sets as she's appeared in a couple episodes wearing that costume.

24 minutes ago, wesker said:

As for which set she comes in - my first guess will be one of the two Resistance show sets as she's appeared in a couple episodes wearing that costume.

Ah okay. I haven't watched Resistance so didn't know that. I kind off hope not as I wasn't planning on getting those big sets.