Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Massive dick move. And I can't find the bomber on their site. Not that it's worth buying another one just for that fig.

Why on earth did they go through the trouble of replacing a minifig just before the set's lifespan ended?! *huh* They could've easily released him in a polybag or something... I sincerely hope this doesn't set a precedence :facepalm:

Edited by Lego-Freak

On the bright side, the box has been updated too so it’ll be easy to tell if he’s in the set or not. If this change has been around since November I’m surprised nobody noticed this sooner. 

33 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

On the bright side, the box has been updated too so it’ll be easy to tell if he’s in the set or not. If this change has been around since November I’m surprised nobody noticed this sooner. 

Usually, there's no reason to inspect sets that have been on shelves for over a year :wacko:

Yeah, time to check some physical stores since web shop pictures certainly haven't been updated. Let's hope there's some way to acquire the minifig before the scalpers get wind of it *oh2*

Edited by Lego-Freak

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Usually, there's no reason to inspect sets that have been on shelves for over a year :wacko:

Yeah, time to check some physical stores since web shop pictures certainly haven't been updated. Let's hope there's some way to acquire the minifig before the scalpers get wind of it *oh2*

And most of the people who really care about such things got the set shortly after it came out. Weird, weird situation. I wonder whether the figure won't show up somewhere else, as a microfighter or polybag, later. It doesn't make any sense for them to print new helmets and everything just for the last couple of Bombers to be made. Are they even still manufacturing them? If the set is discontinued in Europe already, are they just selling leftover stock in the US?

17 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

It doesn't make any sense for them to print new helmets and everything just for the last couple of Bombers to be made. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the helmet print is the same. At least the original was near enough correct. It's just the head that is different.

9 minutes ago, ginja said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the helmet print is the same. At least the original was near enough correct. It's just the head that is different.

I was wrong. The pics on Lego.com have the old version with yellow stripes, Amazon.co.uk have the blue striped helmet. So it appears they are using up to date images, and Legos official site is using older images.

Lego.com

20190115_233805.jpg

Amazon.co.uk

20190115_234142.jpg

3 minutes ago, ginja said:

I was wrong. The pics on Lego.com have the old version with yellow stripes, Amazon.co.uk have the blue striped helmet. So it appears they are using up to date images, and Legos official site is using older images.

Lego.com

Can you post a link to pictures of the new one on Amazon? The pictures that I see still have the yellow helmet print. The figure with the blue stripe in the picture you posted here is Resistance Gunner Paige, who's still in the new set. The Finch Dallow figure replaces the Resistance Bomber Pilot, which has a light flesh head and yellow diagonal helmet stripes, with a Resistance Bomber Pilot with a brown head and a helmet with blue diagonal stripes on the left side and a red Resistance crest on the right. I haven't seen any store yet with updated images.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

14 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Can you post a link to pictures of the new one on Amazon? The pictures that I see still have the yellow helmet print. The figure with the blue stripe in the picture you posted here is Resistance Gunner Paige, who's still in the new set. The Finch Dallow figure replaces the Resistance Bomber Pilot, which has a light flesh head and yellow diagonal helmet stripes, with a Resistance Bomber Pilot with a brown head and a helmet with blue diagonal stripes on the left side and a red Resistance crest on the right. I haven't seen any store yet with updated images.

Hey, yep Paige tico is in both, it's just the pilot that is swapped out, all the promo picks are the same, but with finch instead of the pilot. I think my second pic (from amazon) didnt load or something? Annoyingly the box art appear the same, so he's only present in two of the pics.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Star-75188-Resistance-Bomber/dp/B06W2KC4J5

Edited by ginja
Clarity about pics posted

Im absolutely speechless at this madness. How is this a thing that happened!? I've never been more glad to not be much into minifigs.

1 hour ago, ginja said:

Hey, yep Paige tico is in both, it's just the pilot that is swapped out, all the promo picks are the same, but with finch instead of the pilot. I think my second pic (from amazon) didnt load or something? Annoyingly the box art appear the same, so he's only present in two of the pics.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Star-75188-Resistance-Bomber/dp/B06W2KC4J5

Ah, sorry. Couldn't see the second picture.

On Amazon.com in the US, there are two listings for the Bomber from LEGO: this one, called "LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII: Resistance Bomber Costruzioni" has the new figure in the pictures of the set (but still not on the box pictures) and costs $118, while this one, called "LEGO Star Wars Episode VIII Resistance Bomber 75188 Building Kit (780 Piece)" has the old figure in all pictures and costs $109.

EDIT: Amazon lists the new version of the set with model number 75188, and the old version with model number 6175763. The new one has zero reviews or questions, so it can't have been up all that long.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

So if I bought a Bomber from US Lego.com, how would I know which set I'd get? This is quite a problem for minifig collectors. No Walmart or Target near me has it in stock anymore.

17 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

So if I bought a Bomber from US Lego.com, how would I know which set I'd get? This is quite a problem for minifig collectors. No Walmart or Target near me has it in stock anymore.

That it is. I think Amazon's your best bet. I don't know whether you'd be guaranteed to get the new one if you order from that link (and I certainly don't know that you'd be guaranteed to get the old one if you order from the other link), but they're at least drawing the distinction between the versions, which nobody else seems to be.

15 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Why that Finch-craze? It's Finch, not Stiffler's Mom...

Lol bloody right? He’s a total no-name that the vast majority of kids won’t even know about. He also isn’t even go by his name if that box picture is accurate, Lego just call him “Resistance Bomber Pilot”. Don’t understand the fuss tbh.

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Lol bloody right? He’s a total no-name that the vast majority of kids won’t even know about. He also isn’t even go by his name if that box picture is accurate, Lego just call him “Resistance Bomber Pilot”. Don’t understand the fuss tbh.

The minifig’s got exclusive face & helmet prints, so us completionists have to get it :grin: The faceprint is also useful beyond the SW theme

Apparently there are images on the actor's Insta (I think it's Instagram) that date back to December and he received a box with several of the sets that had his figures in it along with a bag of the mini figures themselves.

Why lego would chose to do this I'm not sure but there you go. They obviously knew they'd made the change as they repackaged the thing and sent it to him (as well as online retailers apparently).

Online Chat with customer service has shown they they know nothing about this and are surprised when shown the proof. Just goes to show that having an email reply from CS or a chat with an advisor isn't going to tell you anything new or important.

19 hours ago, jd4syth said:

Long time lurker here with proof: https://i.imgur.com/yOG5ia3.jpg

I got the Bomber for Christmas

Edit: it was purchased on November second, so the change has been around for a while

What region are you in? Shop@home canada still shows the original pilot. 

I am surprised that lego did this. Probably worth clarification from lego cistomer service. I expected a minifigure woth stand polybag.

Just now, Brickweiser said:

What region are you in? Shop@home canada still shows the original pilot. 

I am surprised that lego did this. Probably worth clarification from lego cistomer service. I expected a minifigure woth stand polybag.

read the post above yours ... chat with CS was done by someone in another place i'm in last night ...

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Kylo Ren is getting a new face print in the battle at Star killer base set

nice.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:27 PM, jd4syth said:

Long time lurker here with proof: https://i.imgur.com/yOG5ia3.jpg

I got the Bomber for Christmas

Edit: it was purchased on November second, so the change has been around for a while

Damn! This is weird... updating the packaging with new shots as well... I have to check which version I have :hmpf:

Edited by dvogon

The Resistance Bomber thing is utter madness. My only hope is that I find him on eBay for a reasonable price. And the new Kylo Ren is great but I was really hoping they would give him the new Mad Eye Moody hair piece in black. It would suit him much more than the Aragorn hair piece