Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Another Snowspeeder was to be expected. Can't imagine it will offer too much new aside from maybe another variant of the new Rebel pilot helmet.

Not sure how I feel about the Clone Scout Walker. The AT-RT isn't a vehicle that demands that big a price point and I do prefer the minifigure scale versions that came with the Turbo Tanks over the oversized 501st model from 2013. Hopefully it is at least Clone Wars themed and not another ROTS Kashyyyk set so we can get a few more characters from the show.

The Imperial Dropship doesn't sound terribly too exciting other than potentially being a Stormtrooper battlepack, but even those aren't really worth army building until the standard Stormtroopers are updated with hip printing to match the Mimban version and Vader's Castle Pilot. You know the change is going to happen eventually.

I'm disappointed there aren't more sets from Episode I aside from the Podracer and Microfighters given its the film's 20th anniversary as well. Seems like a missed opportunity there.

18 minutes ago, Tusserte said:

Earlier we thought that every anniversary remake would come with a classic yellow fig, but these remakes don’t have any corresponding yellow figs. Any info on what they would be?

that is still the scuttlebutt. the yellow fig, may or may not have anything to do with the set ... just a bonus OG fig ... random ... 

btw, i use your BL store to feed my habit often ... ;-]

3 hours ago, Tidy said:

Something tells me they mistakenly made too many clones last year ... ?

Granted, some may like the dropship if it includes multiples of the new stormie, but still ...

Edited by BacktoBricks

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Granted, some may like the dropship if it includes multiples of the new stormie, but still ...

meanwhile i'm crossing my fingers they have a plethora of the old helmets that need used up and get put in the dropship ... #sw585forlife

Just now, Tidy said:

meanwhile i'm crossing my fingers they have a plethora of the old helmets that need used up and get put in the dropship ... #sw585forlife

I'm sure many people are hoping that tbh, but considering all the new January sets include the new mould that would just be bizarre so I can't see that happening. Scratch that, that's exactly why it might just happen. ?

The set selection for the anniversary was going to be weird no matter what since they keep revisiting all eras of Star Wars every year anyway :grin: 

They could‘ve oputed to focus on 1999 sets only, which would have been strange for two reasons: 1) this year also marks the 20th anniversary of TPM so an abundance of TPM sets would seem like a celebration of the movie rather than a celebration of the theme, which might be confusing to some and 2) remakes (of remakes) of 1999 sets are still on the shelves (X-Wing, Y-Wing) or have been recently :wink: 

A „greatest hits“ selection would also be weird since it then would be a selection of BPs and UCS sets I imagine :tongue: Either way, a random selection probably was the best option, just with the added bonus of retro packaging and minifigs.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

that's exactly why it might just happen. ?

lmao!

look at the helmets in the '18 xwing, then the rebel pilot in the advent and then the 4+ xwing ... strange things happen ...

Just now, Tidy said:

lmao!

look at the helmets in the '18 xwing, then the rebel pilot in the advent and then the 4+ xwing ... strange things happen ...

Do you think the old helmet in the 4+ set has anything to do with the 'safety' of the new helmet or is it probably just a way to use up old stock on kids who will just be happy to get pilot Luke? The new helmet does now feature in keyring form, but the keyrings are categorised as 6+.

I‘m also glad the anniversary sets (or April wave sets in general) are quite inexpensive, which means that Episode IX is going to get some pretty sizeable ones (similar to the previous first waves for the new movies, with the exception of Rogue One) :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

the original original was orange. 

I didn't realize there was one before the 7130, but I guess that was grey with some orange.

Just now, Chill said:

I didn't realize there was one before the 7130, but I guess that was grey with some orange.

You're right there wasn't, 7130 was the first. My first SW set in fact as a child. It was predominantly grey with a small amount of orange.

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Do you think the old helmet in the 4+ set has anything to do with the 'safety' of the new helmet or is it probably just a way to use up old stock on kids who will just be happy to get pilot Luke? The new helmet does now feature in keyring form, but the keyrings are categorised as 6+.

i'm sure it was to just use up old stock as much and as fast as possible ... the real tell will be which helmets are included in the snopwspeeder ... 

Just now, Tidy said:

i'm sure it was to just use up old stock as much and as fast as possible ... the real tell will be which helmets are included in the snopwspeeder ... 

That Snowspeeder better come with the new helmet mould printed for Dak or Wes or Wedge or I may lose all hope.

3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

That Snowspeeder better come with the new helmet mould printed for Dak or Wes or Wedge or I may lose all hope.

and here i was hoping for 2 old style with new prints of pilots that have never been made ... lol ...

I'll be getting the Snowspeeder. Even though it's had hundreds of iterations, I've never owned one. :)

Goes without saying but -yawn- at the pricing. Yes they're inexpensive, but poor price per piece. 

Just now, Tidy said:

and here i was hoping for 2 old style with new prints of pilots that have never been made ... lol ...

Haha yes loI thought you might. I haven't got old helmets so the new one is a 'fresh start' for me. 

Just now, Spongebob456 said:

I'll be getting the Snowspeeder. Even though it's had hundreds of iterations, I've never owned one. :)

Me too probably. I haven't had one since the original as a kid.

I'm excited for the 20th anniversary sets. The Imperial Dropship BP was one of my favorites and the build itself wasn't bad compared to what Lego rolls out nowadays. And the snowspeeder is my favorite OT vehicle so while I'm sure folks are disappointed to see another one (how many different iterations have we seen now, 6?), I'm happy to see another one. Would be nice if it's very similar to the 1999 model, would be a nice throwback. The clone scout walker is....an interesting choice. 

Edited by Legliss
Spelling

3 hours ago, wesker said:

Another Snowspeeder was to be expected. Can't imagine it will offer too much new aside from maybe another variant of the new Rebel pilot helmet.

Not sure how I feel about the Clone Scout Walker. The AT-RT isn't a vehicle that demands that big a price point and I do prefer the minifigure scale versions that came with the Turbo Tanks over the oversized 501st model from 2013. Hopefully it is at least Clone Wars themed and not another ROTS Kashyyyk set so we can get a few more characters from the show.

The Imperial Dropship doesn't sound terribly too exciting other than potentially being a Stormtrooper battlepack, but even those aren't really worth army building until the standard Stormtroopers are updated with hip printing to match the Mimban version and Vader's Castle Pilot. You know the change is going to happen eventually.

I'm disappointed there aren't more sets from Episode I aside from the Podracer and Microfighters given its the film's 20th anniversary as well. Seems like a missed opportunity there.

25€ for the scout walker is way to much. I don't like those oversized speeders and walker neither.They are all super expensive and usually don't look that good either.

About the dropship rumor, if this comes to be true then it is extremely overpriced. 20 dollars for 125 parts is very high. Even with more than 4 minifigures. So it might not be a battlepack. And for the CMF rumor, i seriously doubt it will be a Star Wars one even if some brands do Star Wars figures like Sideshow.

4 hours ago, Tidy said:

This pic will make you sick then - I took it at the Billund factory some years ago, and then got to scoop a handful out to take home with me!

Tumbling Clone Helmets

7 hours ago, Tusserte said:

Earlier we thought that every anniversary remake would come with a classic yellow fig, but these remakes don’t have any corresponding yellow figs. Any info on what they would be?

Could be in a book, like the last yellow Luke figure or maybe even a polybag for May 4th perhaps? 

All the sets sound pretty interesting, I’ll probably grab the snowspeeder and Podracer. I’m a little mixed on the Clone Scout Walker, they wanted to go for a PT/CW vehicle, I feel like the Jedi Interceptor might have been a better choice, but we’ll see.

Just now, Tariq j said:

Could be in a book,

There is a new Visual Dictionary coming out this year.

The Imperial Dropship excited me until I remembered how much I dislike the new Stormtrooper helmets.

I really hope the Clone Scout Walker comes with some interesting minifigures, maybe even an AT-RT trooper finally. I have enough green Scout & regular Phase II troopers to last me a lifetime!

I still think the anniversary minifig rumor is true since it was our trusted SvL (whose departure still saddens me) who brought it up first :wink: The new info that some of the sets are remakes of more comparatively recent sets (like the 2008 Dropship) doesn‘t negate SvL‘s intel. Sure, he mentioned yellow minifigs, but the original Scout Walker and Dropship only included helmeted characters anyway :grin: I guess we‘ll know for certain once the second anniversary minifig gets leaked :devil: