Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

There is no Tantive IV rumour, it was speculation in this thread that caught on. This is why the mods don’t allow wish listing.

This is not exactly true.  There have been 2019 set lists posted elsewhere that tentatively list both an ISD and a Tantive in the ucs slots.

Just now, lego the hutt said:

This is not exactly true.  There have been 2019 set lists posted elsewhere that tentatively list both an ISD and a Tantive in the ucs slots.

those lists are not fact based either, they are mostly rehashes of things said here, pure speculation, and fake rumour mongering. 

when the rebel fleet trooper leaked last year so many people jumped on a 'we must be getting a tantive' bandwagon.  only to have the trooper in a 4+ tie fighter set. 

any list found on the internet right now listing a tantive and isd, is pure wishlist and speculation.  

57 minutes ago, Tidy said:

those lists are not fact based either, they are mostly rehashes of things said here, pure speculation, and fake rumour mongering. 

when the rebel fleet trooper leaked last year so many people jumped on a 'we must be getting a tantive' bandwagon.  only to have the trooper in a 4+ tie fighter set. 

any list found on the internet right now listing a tantive and isd, is pure wishlist and speculation.  

Lets not restate the obvious when "tentative" has been stated.  However, the lists from the leak pages which include set numbers/price points/piece counts that list the ISD and Tantive tentatively are definitely more than wish lists even though they are, obviously, not officially confirmed at this point.

Unless someone can give me a specific example of Tantive IV coming from a reliable source, it's considered a wishlist item and shouldn't be discussed here. It should go under the wishlist thread.

4 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

I also think that, besides they're not really special or exciting ships, the price for both AT-AP and Droid Gunship is way too high and there is nothing else this wave that is of any interest to most people. If these were like €30 and €50 dollar sets of a large wave with desirable ships/builds/figs then probably nobody would have complained. 

I also like the droid gunship, but will wait for a discount before buying it. 

I'm not sure this is fair. The droid gunship is in the middle of the pack, and at 8.7 cents/piece the AT-AP is one of the cheapest sets of the last couple of years. Its deficiencies as a set are not due to pricing.

Didn’t realize the Tantive IV rumor was just speculation. Hope the ISD still happens (even if it was also speculation). Also, since I have the last versions, does anyone think the AT-AP or Droid Gunship are worth buying? They seem as close to direct remakes as I’ve seen in a while. Otherwise I’m only interested in the BPs. Sadly I bet I’m not the only one who feels that way. Hopefully the summer wave is better. 

3 hours ago, halomaster96 said:

Didn’t realize the Tantive IV rumor was just speculation. Hope the ISD still happens (even if it was also speculation). Also, since I have the last versions, does anyone think the AT-AP or Droid Gunship are worth buying? They seem as close to direct remakes as I’ve seen in a while. Otherwise I’m only interested in the BPs. Sadly I bet I’m not the only one who feels that way. Hopefully the summer wave is better. 

The droid gunship is less of a remake then it first appears, pretty much the only thing it has in common with the previous one is that it used the large quarter circle pieces

7 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

The droid gunship is less of a remake then it first appears, pretty much the only thing it has in common with the previous one is that it used the large quarter circle pieces

Good to know! Maybe I’ll get it on sale later this year, but I’m still not in much of a rush as I do have both previous versions. 

15 hours ago, halomaster96 said:

Tantive IV really never was a rumor. When the rebel fleet trooper leaked, people on here just assumed that’s what it was and acted like it was fact and that’s how you get false rumors. It was never a grounded rumor. I certainly hoped that’s what it was at the time and I still hope for a remake of that set in the near future but there is no reason whatsoever to think it may be happening.

57 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Tantive IV really never was a rumor. When the rebel fleet trooper leaked, people on here just assumed that’s what it was and acted like it was fact and that’s how you get false rumors. It was never a grounded rumor. I certainly hoped that’s what it was at the time and I still hope for a remake of that set in the near future but there is no reason whatsoever to think it may be happening.

Ah, I see. I’ve been mostly getting my new set info from Instagram as I’ve been absent from here for a while. Though, I do hope they end up making a new UCS Tantive IV (since I already have 10198). 

The current rumor is a second Disney series :wink: A SW CMF series is next to impossible due to Hasbro's status as the sole SW action figure manufacturer. TLG allegedly even got in trouble for the magnet sets with removable minifigs due to that circumstance. This is also the reason battle packs must include a build. Polybags are the only exception (due to them being promotional) and even they now include buildable stands :purrr:

3 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Rumor going around about a surprise CMF series for the 20th Anniversary of LEGO Star Wars - can anyone confirm or deny?

Woah where’d you hear this??

Its not even a rumor. Its a clickbait Lego Youtuber passing off speculation/wishlisting as fact for more hits on their channel.

There hasn't been mention of a Star Wars CMF line anywhere else and all signs are pointing to the next wave being another Disney one.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Its not even a rumor. Its a clickbait Lego Youtuber passing off speculation/wishlisting as fact for more hits on their channel.

There hasn't been mention of a Star Wars CMF line anywhere else and all signs are pointing to the next wave being another Disney one.

Let me guess. MandRproductions?

I'm not insinuating malicious intent, but their reasoning is VERY flimsy at best. Their argument is simply based on the release date (which is nonsense, a lot of CMF series have premiered in May, including the first Disney series), the 20th anniversary of LSW (which is commemorated by the 5 sets we've heard of, I think if there was to be a CMF series, all of the announcements would have been on the same page) and the colors of the announcement illustration, i.e. a yellow minifig on a black background; as if we've never seen that combination before :snicker:

Edited by Lego-Freak

52 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Let me guess, not a fan? 

JK Man, I thought he would post that rumor too.

Just checked his channel because I thought he would’ve had the minifigure “rumor” and instead he’s got a video titled “UCS Tantive IV, Star Destroyer”. No wonder so many people think that’s what we’re getting. 

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Just checked his channel because I thought he would’ve had the minifigure “rumor” and instead he’s got a video titled “UCS Tantive IV, Star Destroyer”. No wonder so many people think that’s what we’re getting. 

MandRprod has lost so much quality... what's the point of having such a video title to say: "we might get, we're not sure, it could be possible". That's just my opinion. As far as we know we have absolutely no confirmed rumor about the UCS set name, just the 1HY price?the ISD/SSD is speculation based on the 75192 leaflet... (MF was on the 75159 box background)

Edited by G59

Just now, G59 said:

As far as we know we have absolutely no confirmed rumor about the set name, just the 1HY price?

no name. no price. however set number and probable piece count are known.

Just now, G59 said:

what's the point of having such a video title to say: "we might get, we're not sure, it could be possible".

people click. people watch. he makes money. it is his full time job. that is the point.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:26 PM, halomaster96 said:

Both the Droid Gunship and At-AP are improvements on their predecessors, especially the gunship. I've seen comparison videos and it's really no contest to say the new ones are the best. The previous gunships looked hideous imo but the new one has really caught my eye. The overall shaping and proportions are spot on to the "real" thing and I really like what they've done for the head to give it just the right angles and shaping. I will definitely be picking it up myself. The AT-AP is also definitely more accurate and seems to be more solidly built than the previous ones though if you own the last one there's not enough different about it to be worth buying again. I still don't have one so I might pick it up. Tbh, it's always been my least favorite walker design. The prices though, especially for the gunship are steep so I'd wait for a sale or use VIP points to drop the price down to at least $40. For the AT-AP while it has a decent ppp ratio, what you get for $60 doesn't seem like enough stuff to justify the price tag which is something that has bothered me with most LEGO Star Wars sets over the past several years. I'd wait and get it at $50 or lower if you can.

I mean, either it's a high-quality detailed build and all the parts are packed in densely to make the form and greebles, or it's cheap. I think, for example, the 4+ TIE fighter is a decent set. Sure, it's tiny and not nearly as detailed as some of the MOCs we see around here, but it is a real and playable scene.

2 hours ago, DarthHank said:

I'm just excited for when the TIE eventually is discounted and I can buy 10 of them.

Believe that time is now. At least, at Walmart.