Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

LEGO doesn't have total creative control over what sets they produce, and have to get approval from LFL.

I see. Then please insert DISNEY where text = LEGO.

Just now, Aethersprite said:

The Black Ace looks significantly more substantial and bigger than Vonreg's TIE Interceptor, yet it's $20 cheaper? Wow.

it is 100 pieces less ... and i'd be hesitant to judge substantiality and bigger-ness from still images from a cartoon ...

19 minutes ago, Tidy said:

it is 100 pieces less ... and i'd be hesitant to judge substantiality and bigger-ness from still images from a cartoon ...

I see, I missed that part. I'm not saying that being $20 less is a bad thing!

14 hours ago, Tusserte said:

I keep seeing people say "shooter set", but what would that mean? Happy holidays to all.

I'm expecting something like this from The Lego Batman Movie. It came with a cardboard cutout of some of the villains to shoot at. I hope I'm wrong though, because that would be very disappointing.

hmmm. appears that CONF_20th_PR 75258 didn't mean public release after all ... but rather POD RACER ... interesting.

On 12/26/2018 at 12:57 PM, Theemp1re said:

Interesting thing to note is we haven’t heard anything on upcoming battlepacks

that's because as of right now, there are none. unless they are in the ep 9 wave.

Edited by Tidy

7 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

I'm expecting something like this from The Lego Batman Movie. It came with a cardboard cutout of some of the villains to shoot at. I hope I'm wrong though, because that would be very disappointing.

I was worried it would be like those Ninjago handheld spinners which are barely a build at all.

On 12/25/2018 at 10:07 PM, Tidy said:

no hoping allowed.

What does this mean? No hoping allowed because it's Boba Fett's Slave I or no hoping allowed in general for this topic?

I would prefer Boba's Slave I, but Jango's would probably make more sense.

4 hours ago, bountybossk said:

What does this mean? No hoping allowed because it's Boba Fett's Slave I or no hoping allowed in general for this topic?

I would prefer Boba's Slave I, but Jango's would probably make more sense.

Tidy is calling out us moderators for cracking down on wish-listing. Discussion is allowed. Just use your head before you post.

4 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Tidy is calling out us moderators

not calling out you guys, i love you guys.  i'm beyond happy for the crackdown on the wish-listing/speculating/hoping ... my forehead is sore from banging it on my desk at the people who don't get it though ...

2 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

So just to be clear - the new leaked list isn't the official anniversary wave right?

They're just new sets coming out in 2019?

All of the sets just discussed are slated to release around April, apart from the two UCS sets which are May/October. The podracer set is part of the 'anniversary' sets supposedly, but there are also three more 'anniversary' sets we don't yet know anything of apart from the set numbers. The 'anniversary wave' are just sets released in April which will supposedly come with a bonus yellow skinned minifigure following one of the original minifigure designs. Have a look at the Star Wars 2019 News thread - Tidy has it all rounded up over there. :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

for any canadians in the house:

75236         $24.99 
75238         $39.99 
75239         $39.99 
75240         $89.99 
75241         $79.99 
75242         $69.99 
75243         $159.99 
75258         $39.99 
75259         $49.99 
75261         $39.99 
75262         $24.99

4 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

So just to be clear - the new leaked list isn't the official anniversary wave right?

They're just new sets coming out in 2019?

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

All of the sets just discussed are slated to release around April, apart from the two UCS sets which are May/October. The podracer set is part of the 'anniversary' sets supposedly, but there are also three more 'anniversary' sets we don't yet know anything of apart from the set numbers. The 'anniversary wave' are just sets released in April which will supposedly come with a bonus yellow skinned minifigure following one of the original minifigure designs. Have a look at the Star Wars 2019 News thread - Tidy has it all rounded up over there. :)

this list is everything i know about sets appearing around march/april of 2019 [i have seen both march and april listed //shrug] ... not only is 2019 the 20th anniversary of lego star wars, but star wars celebration is in chicago in april, imho a perfect time to launch 20th anniversary sets ... 

75236             $19.99         191                DUEL ON STARKILLER 
75238             $29.99         193                *ATTACK ON ENDOR [SHOOTER GAME]
75239             $29.99         235                *ATTACK ON HOTH GENERATOR [SHOOTER GAME]
75240             $69.99         496                MAJOR VONREG'S TIE FIGHTER
75241             $59.99         504                *DEFENSE OF ECHO BASE [SHOOTER GAME]
75242             $49.99         396                BLACK ACE TIE 
75243             $119.99     1007                SLAVE 1 - 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
75258             $29.99         279                ANAKIN'S POD RACER - 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
75259             $39.99         309                *MDP_20TH_1
75261             $29.99         250                *MDP_20TH_3
75262             $19.99         125                *MDP_20TH_4

there may be a few other sets popping up as exclusives, but nothing is known about those yet ... 

and of course there will be the obligatory force friday wave coming in early october, which also absolutely zilch is known about as of right now.

1 hour ago, Vonsek said:

Hold tight for about a week more...;))

Ah you tease ;) I look forward to seeing any more info. :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

3 hours ago, Reaper said:

Cant believe the AT AP costs 100 here in Australia...

I can’t believe that at 14.5c per piece it’s better value than what we normally get

4 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Anyone have any hints on whether it's Jango's or Boba's Slave I???

I’m wondering this too. On one hand, Boba is much more popular than Jango, but on the other, we’ve got two Slaves still on shelves. It could honestly be either

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I’m wondering this too. On one hand, Boba is much more popular than Jango, but on the other, we’ve got two Slaves still on shelves. It could honestly be either

There's only one Boba's Slave 1 now in CC as the UCS has now retired, and considering the popularity of Boba's Slave 1, limiting his ship to only being in CC could be used as a marketing technique to drive sales of 75222. Jango's Slave 1 has also not been seen for so many years it's kind of crazy to think that we would get another Boba's Slave before Jango's.

On the other hand, if this is a 20th Anniversary set, Boba's Slave is the iconic ship that fits that description. Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive has also just retired, which would mean that Jango's ship has just lost it's 'enemy' ship in terms of play. Then again, Lego has shown little forward thinking in that respect when they delayed the release of Assault On Hoth, meaning that the AT-AT Walker had retired the year before, so that doesn't necessarily rule anything else. Obi-Wan's Starfighter retiring now also means there is now no Jango or young Boba minifigures on the market, so could they be moving to their own ship?

There's reasons to think either could be coming, but no solid proof of anything so we shall just have to wait and see.

I feel like the possibility of it being Jango's is higher now than ever.

It seems that Lego is going to really hype up the nostalgia by giving us old figures as collectibles in these sets, so it would be really cool to recreate the Jango Slave 1 from 2002.

It could be cool to get a different color variation on a classic ship for a change, just like we got the Kessel Run Millennium Falcon.