Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

There‘s a rumour circulating in the usual place, claiming a 4000+ pieces D2C set is going to be released next October (75252). I wonder what location/large ship could justify such a high piece count? *huh*

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There‘s a rumour circulating in the usual place, claiming a 4000+ pieces D2C set is going to be released next October (75252). I wonder what location/large ship could justify such a high piece count? *huh*

I only see one post about it, and I don’t recognise the source. Take it with a grain of salt. Besides, when have we ever heard anything about the 2HY D2C before the 1HY D2C?

5 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I only see one post about it, and I don’t recognise the source. Take it with a grain of salt. Besides, when have we ever heard anything about the 2HY D2C before the 1HY D2C?

It’s one of the regular IG sources (who doesn’t post publicly, it’s always someone else who copies their intel). I think this year the CC rumour surfaced before the Y-Wing one, but I‘m not 100% sure that was the case, please correct me if I‘m wrong :wink:

The only thing I van think of is a Star Destroyer remake (same time period as the MF remake). I guess an AT-AT would also fit that high piece count, but doesn't seem likely. 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s one of the regular IG sources (who doesn’t post publicly, it’s always someone else who copies their intel). I think this year the CC rumour surfaced before the Y-Wing one, but I‘m not 100% sure that was the case, please correct me if I‘m wrong :wink:

Cloud City had been 'rumored' for years, though. This year it was finally right, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the timing of when people started talking about it again.

2 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

The only thing I van think of is a Star Destroyer remake (same time period as the MF remake). I guess an AT-AT would also fit that high piece count, but doesn't seem likely. 

SD is what i hope. It is THE ship and a new set is long overdue. What's better for an anniversary than something iconic? Not counting the FO SD, we only had a midi SD and the UCS SSD this decade. RO, SOLO and the upcoming series are justification enough for a new SD, i don't care if UCS or ~1500pcs.

I picked up the inferno squad battle pack while traveling to Canada. 

In case anyone is wondering besides iden there are two different faces and one angry clone. 

Additionally there is a spare of the black Batman utility belt. 

3 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

SD is what i hope. It is THE ship and a new set is long overdue. What's better for an anniversary than something iconic? Not counting the FO SD, we only had a midi SD and the UCS SSD this decade. RO, SOLO and the upcoming series are justification enough for a new SD, i don't care if UCS or ~1500pcs.

There's also a good chance of a UCS venator :)

2 hours ago, Reaper said:

There's also a good chance of a UCS venator :)

Do you have any information supporting that? Because unless you've seen something specific, I don't believe this for a second. A 4000-piece Venator would be well over twice the size of the next largest Prequel trilogy set that's ever been made (the Republic Dropship and AT-OT) and only the third ever Prequel UCS set (after Obi-Wan's starfighter and General Grievous, unless you count the midi-scale Naboo fighter). There's a good chance of a remade ISD, but at the moment a Venator is a fairytale.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher
Typo

4 hours ago, Tidy said:

4782 pieces even. ;-]

So no word on the May release then? I assume this means the ISD rumors that floated last year are proving correct... is the A-wing coming too?

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Do you have any information supporting that? Because unless you've seen something specific, I don't believe this for a second. A 4000-piece Venator would be well over twice the size of the next largest Prequel trilogy set that's ever been made (the Republic Dropship and AT-OT) and only the third ever Prequel UCS set (after Obi-Wan's starfighter and General Grievous, unless you count the midi-scale Naboo fighter). There's a good chance of a remade ISD, but at the moment a Venator is a fairytale.

Well there is the CW TV show coming out next year, it could be based on that!

Tbh I'd be happy if we could just get a 501st battle pack...

16 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The details are being talked about are real, but whether the original source in Hungary is actually right about them is the mystery. We might be leading ourselves down a blind alley.

The source was reported to LEGO over 48 hours ago, and the report got passed onto legal. That the source's link is still active after this time could mean that LEGO isn't worried about the info getting out, the info isn't accurate or the source is just slow to get it down.

I really hope for ISD, or AT-AT. Not sure what else they could do for their 20th anniversary at that piece count, unless it’s another master builder playset. I know an AT-AT is always unlikely, but there is a rumour of a snowspeeder is there not? And the current walker that took up the usual every 4 years AT-AT spot isn’t being retired. So if there’s not going to be a system AT-AT, maybe UCS.

The 20th anniversary logo has been revealed thanks to a catalogue. It’s in the original logo in silver with 20 years under it then under the 20 years it says LEGO Star Wars and then 1999-2019

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

there is a rumour of a snowspeeder is there not?

Not likely. LEGO still have the UCS 75144 Snowspeeder available. They aren't going to retire it just to bring it out less than a year later.

2 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

Not likely. LEGO still have the UCS 75144 Snowspeeder available. They aren't going to retire it just to bring it out less than a year later.

I meant system scale snowspeeder

36 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

That's the rumor, yes. The full discussion was on page 42 of this thread. Nothing very concrete, though.

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

That's the rumor, yes. The full discussion was on page 42 of this thread. Nothing very concrete, though.

Fair enough, if it turns out to be true, and the AT-M6 isn’t retired when that’s released, my hopes will be on a UCS AT-AT

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

It could be a Jedi Temple? 

If LEGO ever did a Jedi Temple, it wouldn't be 4782 pieces. More like 1000 (if we're lucky) or 500 (utterly disappointing, but the most likely scenario).

Nor, I think, would a playset come so soon after Cloud City... one playset every two years is more the norm. I could maybe see it being Jabba's Sail Barge (which LEGO could market as a hybrid playset/display piece, with lots of interior/action/play features). But at 4782 pieces it would be enormous, several times larger than the last System set, which was already pretty big.

I'd bet we don't see another playset until 2020, and at that point my money is on either the Sail Barge (at closer to 3000 pieces) or an Endor Bunker, given the success of the Ewok Village and how long it's been since we've had anything Endor. 

Imperial Star Destroyer seems the most likely candidate if the piece count is accurate. I doubt most people would spend $500 on anything other than that.

11 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Sorry I misunderstood - the talk was UCS so I thought you meant the same.