Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, mon-o-mat said:

Am I the only one who is annoyed that they switched minifigs for the AT-AP and the gunship? The last time I only got the AT-AP and it contained Yoda. Now I am planing on getting the gunship which contains Yoda again :yoda: Some new Jedi or Wookie would have been nice.

TBH, if the Droid Gunship included Gree, I might buy it.  So I'm upset that some minifigures stayed the same, given how unappealing that AT-AP looks.  :wall:

10 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

Am I the only one who is annoyed about the minifigs for the AT-AP and the gunship? The last time I only got the AT-AP and it contained Yoda. Now I am planing on getting the gunship which contains Yoda again :yoda: Some new Jedi or Wookie would have been nice.

Apparantly the Last AT-AP didn't contain Yoda.:blush:. Just Gree and Tarfful. But still, the minifigs now are just as boring. To be fair, the other Jedi I would have put in that sets, namely Quinlan Vos, Luminara Unduli or Ayla Secura came out quite recently too.

Having the gunship set be based on its appearance in the guerilla war on Alderaan in TCW instead of Kashykkk would have been a much better idea from a minifig perspective. That way it would potentially have given us Asohka and young Saw Gererra, as well as maybe even General Kalani.

Edited by Bartybum

21 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Having the gunship set be based on its appearance in the guerilla war on Alderaan in TCW instead of Kashykkk would have been a much better idea from a minifig perspective. That way it would potentially have given us Asohka and young Saw Gererra, as well as maybe even General Kalani.

The AT-APs appeared on Felucia and Saleucami in Revenge of the Sith, too, for almost as long as they were shown on Kashyyyk. The Felucia variant would've been a great excuse for Commander Bly and the Star Corps, since Bly's never appeared as a minifig and the Star Corps troopers haven't since 2007. A huge missed opportunity all around.

8 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The AT-APs appeared on Felucia and Saleucami in Revenge of the Sith, too, for almost as long as they were shown on Kashyyyk. The Felucia variant would've been a great excuse for Commander Bly and the Star Corps, since Bly's never appeared as a minifig and the Star Corps troopers haven't since 2007. A huge missed opportunity all around.

Amen :thumbup:

14 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Apparantly the Last AT-AP didn't contain Yoda.:blush:. Just Gree and Tarfful. But still, the minifigs now are just as boring. To be fair, the other Jedi I would have put in that sets, namely Quinlan Vos, Luminara Unduli or Ayla Secura came out quite recently too.

Aayla Secura wasn’t on Kashyyyk, she was on Felucia, but the AT-APs were on Felucia too so perhaps that’s what you were talking about. Honestly it would have been great to just have made this set a Felucia-based set so it could include more exclusive minifigs

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Aayla Secura wasn’t on Kashyyyk, she was on Felucia, but the AT-APs were on Felucia too so perhaps that’s what you were talking about. Honestly it would have been great to just have made this set a Felucia-based set so it could include more exclusive minifigs

Yes I meant that. Of course, no Gunships were seen there.

I'd love to know where the Resistance sets are. Seems like a HUGE missed opportunity not to have at least one in the Winter wave!

1 hour ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

I'd love to know where the Resistance sets are. Seems like a HUGE missed opportunity not to have at least one in the Winter wave!

Weren't they waiting to release Resistance merchandise until April? Maybe we'll see a few sets then.

Legos marketing techniques are a good thing and bad thing.

I understand characters like Chewbacca, Yoda, C-3PO, and R2-D2 should always be in sets to attract buyers, but it's at a point in which they're in too many sets that could easily have cooler, more exclusive minifigures that we haven't gotten before!

Based on previous years, I think it‘s about time for the next set lists to pop up, isn‘t it? I‘m still wondering if there‘s going to three or four waves in 2019. The latter (i.e. January, April, June and October) would be a bit overkill IMO, but then again, it‘s the twentieth anniversary, so they might go all out :laugh:

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Based on previous years, I think it‘s about time for the next set lists to pop up, isn‘t it? I‘m still wondering if there‘s going to three or four waves in 2019. The latter (i.e. January, April, June and October) would be a bit overkill IMO, but then again, it‘s the twentieth anniversary, so they might go all out :laugh:

for what it is worth, currently i am seeing JAN, MAR/APR, and OCT.

this is not counting any D2C/UCS/retailer exclusives.

i imagine in the next 2 weeks the MAR/APR sets will see greater clarity and we could see the first glimpse of the number of sets for ep 9. the magic 8-ball is pointing to 5 20th anniversary sets ...

4 minutes ago, Tidy said:

for what it is worth, currently i am seeing JAN, MAR/APR, and OCT.

this is not counting any D2C/UCS/retailer exclusives.

i imagine in the next 2 weeks the MAR/APR sets will see greater clarity and we could see the first glimpse of the number of sets for ep 9. the magic 8-ball is pointing to 5 20th anniversary sets ...

I think that‘s the more likely scenario as well, but then 2019 would be the first year without a proper Summer wave :wink: To me, the April wave is the weird part, why not in June/July as usual? It made sense this year due to Solo being released in May, but it’s pretty weird to repeat that in 2019. Unless the original 1999 sets were first released in April, but I can’t remember :laugh:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I think that‘s the more likely scenario as well, but then 2019 would be the first year without a proper Summer wave :wink: To me, the April wave is the weird part, why not in June/July as usual? It made sense this year due to Solo being released in May, but it’s pretty weird to repeat that in 2019. Unless the original 1999 sets were first released in April, but I can’t remember :laugh:

star wars celebration is in april ... my assumption is that they might be releasing around then to be in conjunction with that ... also i am hearing that is when the resistance [show not faction] merch is coming out ... not sure yet if that includes lego ...

Just now, Tidy said:

... not sure yet if that includes lego ...

I think it does, don’t two of the rumored sets use placeholder names like ‘hero vehicle’ and ‘villain vehicle’? As far as I’m aware, this kind of placeholder has only been used for sets based on upcoming material, at least up until this point :wink:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I think it does, don’t two of the rumored sets use placeholder names like ‘hero vehicle’ and ‘villain vehicle’? As far as I’m aware, this kind of placeholder has only been used for sets based on upcoming material, at least up until this point :wink:

;-]

CONF_Villain_ship
CONF_HERO_ship

let's just say i will not be surprised if that is the case ...

3 hours ago, Junior Shark said:

Do we have any idea on the nature of the Anniversary sets? What exactly will make them "Anniversary" sets?

They will supposedly all come with a yellow skin minifigure like in the first SW sets.

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

They will supposedly all come with a yellow skin minifigure like in the first SW sets.

Interesting. Presumably they'll also come in the vintage packaging. I'm excited to learn more about those. Personally I wouldn't mind if the film stills were brought back for the instructions.

9 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I think this would be a mistake. The 10th Anniversary sets had flesh tones and I think most fans would prefer sets with figures that blend in with their existing collection rather than a retro look. Leave the yellow skinned figs to one offs like the Luke that came in one of the DK books a few years back.

10 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

I think this would be a mistake. The 10th Anniversary sets had flesh tones and I think most fans would prefer sets with figures that blend in with their existing collection rather than a retro look. Leave the yellow skinned figs to one offs like the Luke that came in one of the DK books a few years back.

I believe only one of the minifigures in each set will be yellow. There was a rumor a month or so back that one of the anniversary sets will be Anakin's Podracer which will include flesh skinned versions of Anakin and Padme, plus an additional yellow skinned minifigure.

16 hours ago, Junior Shark said:

Do we have any idea on the nature of the Anniversary sets? What exactly will make them "Anniversary" sets?

It will make our wallets as empty as they were back in May 1999. 

6 hours ago, Junior Shark said:

Interesting. Presumably they'll also come in the vintage packaging. I'm excited to learn more about those. Personally I wouldn't mind if the film stills were brought back for the instructions.

I so hope you are right about the vintage packaging. They are truly works of art.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

I believe only one of the minifigures in each set will be yellow. There was a rumor a month or so back that one of the anniversary sets will be Anakin's Podracer which will include flesh skinned versions of Anakin and Padme, plus an additional yellow skinned minifigure.

Haven't heard this rumor. Does the extra yellow figure hold value for the collector? Maybe. It just seems like it might be confusing to the average consumer. Wouldn't this be extra puzzling to a 5 year old kid who plays with this - especially if there are 2 colors of Anakin. 

Not having a go at your post, mate just - it seems like an odd marketing strategy. 

Edited by darththeling

I also heard it was to be only one yellow figure in the set the rest would fleshies, for the anniversary. Sorry I have nothing to prove this, can't really remember where I read it.  

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

I also heard it was to be only one yellow figure in the set the rest would fleshies, for the anniversary. Sorry I have nothing to prove this, can't really remember where I read it.  

Sir von Lego said it back sometime ago in this thread. Comment has since been deleted I believe as he has decided to stop contributing, but he has always been reliable in general.

Personally a yellow skinned figure has zero appeal for me, is there anyone on here that is excited at the prospect??

The 20th Anniversary is for TPM, so surely more fitting would be some new and exclusive characters from the relatively under-represented film. Characters like Handmaiden Padme, Queen Amidala (black, purple, grey etc), Shmi Skywalker, Boss Nass, Finis Valorum, Mas Amedda, Lott Dod, Rune Haako, Sio Bibble, Oppo Rancisis, Depa Billaba, Rum Sleg, Naboo Royal Guard, Senate Guard, Naboo Soldiers etc etc.

I know that sounds wishlisty, and maybe we will get a couple of these characters in 2019, but the idea of a yellow skinned figure being the ‘exclusive’ element to the minifigs is underwhelming and pretty lazy and unimaginative from Lego, imo.