Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I think a Kamino setting makes the most sense and the reason is two-fold: 1) it’s the only on-screen location associated with the Slave One that would fit. The Cloud City platform is already part of the UCS set and wouldn’t result in an interesting set, it being a plain platform and all :snicker: 2) “R” and “K” may be the wrong initials, but this can’t be interpreted as anything but a set depicting a duel, again pointing towards AOTC.

If it really was a Kamino set, could we possibly expect a Kaminoan to show up? Probably wishful thinking though :grin: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

TLG have modern minifigures for Ep II Obi-Wan and Jango from the currently retiring JSF set, so it's not far-fetched to think they'd want to reuse those. Anything with a Jedi and a Fett is going to sell well. Not sure if we can expect a third minifig in a $19.99 set, otherwise Boba could be in there too.,

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

rain vs Kenobi? As Boba stays nice and dry in the Slave 1. ?

Heh, turns out it's actually just an Ep. II Obi-Wan minifig and $19.99 worth of transparent blue studs! :laugh:

26 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

Heh, turns out it's actually just an Ep. II Obi-Wan minifig and $19.99 worth of transparent blue studs! :laugh:

What's the build if we may ask

39 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

It was a joke

Aww shucks, I mistaken his bane profile pic with the leaker who has bane as well :(

Kamino would be an interesting choice. Its a location that has never been done before and a great way to get the Jedi Starfighter Jango Fett for an affordable price. If they threw in a Kaminoan it would be a day one purchase from me.

7 hours ago, Supersonic said:

TLG have modern minifigures for Ep II Obi-Wan and Jango from the currently retiring JSF set, so it's not far-fetched to think they'd want to reuse those. Anything with a Jedi and a Fett is going to sell well. Not sure if we can expect a third minifig in a $19.99 set, otherwise Boba could be in there too.,

I'm really hoping Obi-Wan gets an upgrade the next time he shows up. Luke's mullet hairpiece from The Last Jedi would be a much better fit for him than the Boromir one he's currently using, plus its long time they moved away from using dark orange hair and instead go with the more accurate nougat color that the 75109 buildable figure has:

21325pb01.jpg?1

14 hours ago, namioik said:

Aww shucks, I mistaken his bane profile pic with the leaker who has bane as well :(

No one cared who he was till he put on the profile pic

12 hours ago, wesker said:

Kamino would be an interesting choice. Its a location that has never been done before and a great way to get the Jedi Starfighter Jango Fett for an affordable price. If they threw in a Kaminoan it would be a day one purchase from me.

I'm really hoping Obi-Wan gets an upgrade the next time he shows up. Luke's mullet hairpiece from The Last Jedi would be a much better fit for him than the Boromir one he's currently using, plus its long time they moved away from using dark orange hair and instead go with the more accurate nougat color that the 75109 buildable figure has:

21325pb01.jpg?1

I certainly hope so, the current colour for Obi's hair has been bugging me for years now

16 hours ago, wesker said:

I'm really hoping Obi-Wan gets an upgrade the next time he shows up. Luke's mullet hairpiece from The Last Jedi would be a much better fit for him than the Boromir one he's currently using, plus its long time they moved away from using dark orange hair and instead go with the more accurate nougat color that the 75109 buildable figure has

The hair color isn't that big a problem for me, but I've been thinking that they should use old lukes hair piece on episode 2 obi wan since I got the ach-to set! Glad to see other people think the too!

On 11/27/2018 at 5:56 AM, Lego-Freak said:

I think a Kamino setting makes the most sense and the reason is two-fold: 1) it’s the only on-screen location associated with the Slave One that would fit. The Cloud City platform is already part of the UCS set and wouldn’t result in an interesting set, it being a plain platform and all :snicker: 2) “R” and “K” may be the wrong initials, but this can’t be interpreted as anything but a set depicting a duel, again pointing towards AOTC.

If it really was a Kamino set, could we possibly expect a Kaminoan to show up? Probably wishful thinking though :grin: 

Kaminoan neck and head piece later used for Mr. Fantastic minifig please

A few thoughts about the first wave sets...

- The new walker looks way too similar to the previous version, just with a worse minifig selection
- It's great to see new prints for the rebel fleet trooper. Hoping to see a battle pack for those guys somewhere down the line
- I'm not sure I like the new stormtrooper helmet mold. While it is nicely detailed, the "mouth" part seems to be hanging too low and makes him look more cartoony. It also didn't really need an update imo, other pieces like the scout trooper helmet or rebel backpack should have gotten the priority
- I just noticed they went from the new skirt piece to regular legs for the praetorian guards. Also a shame we get yet another First Order stormie, starting to get a lot of those...
- Odd choice to include 4 Inferno Squad troopers while there are only 3 in the game. They could have included Admiral Versio instead of the 4th one by reusing Krennic's torso. Also, based on the torso prints, we're getting 1 Iden Versio, 3 Gideon Hasks (!) but no Del Meeko. I get we don't get more than 2 new prints/battle pack but it's a little unfortunate

All in all, nothing too crazy for a first wave but I'll get both battle packs and the Death Star Escape set. I'm still hoping for a Mimban set or battle pack next year however.

Just now, Elrond said:

- Odd choice to include 4 Inferno Squad troopers while there are only 3 in the game. They could have included Admiral Versio instead of the 4th one by reusing Krennic's torso. Also, based on the torso prints, we're getting 1 Iden Versio, 3 Gideon Hasks (!) but no Del Meeko. I get we don't get more than 2 new prints/battle pack but it's a little unfortunate

read the book. there are 4 original members.

the battle pack is technically iden versio and 3 inferno squad agents.  i wouldn't be shocked if all 3 had angry clone heads ... and before you say but the stolen figure from the factory had such and such head, the stolen versios from the factory had that head too ... 

3 minutes ago, Tidy said:

read the book. there are 4 original members.

the battle pack is technically iden versio and 3 inferno squad agents.  i wouldn't be shocked if all 3 had angry clone heads ... and before you say but the stolen figure from the factory had such and such head, the stolen versios from the factory had that head too ... 

Oh I'm sure they will all have the angry clone face, that's to be expected from every trooper now.

Didn't know a book even existed, I admit my knowledge of the new canon EU is pretty limited. Still, the game most likely has a larger target audience and the set is based on it rather than the book, so I still think Admiral Versio might have been a better option. Oh well, I'm fine with the 4th trooper still, I'll give his helmet to iden and use the body for a custom minifig.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:56 AM, Lego-Freak said:

I think a Kamino setting makes the most sense and the reason is two-fold: 1) it’s the only on-screen location associated with the Slave One that would fit.

A Kamino set? That would be an interesting shift for the set. But with 20 bucks worth of pieces I don't know what they could decently do there...

A 29,99 set would give TLG a better choice to introduce a place that I think they haven't explored yet.

16 hours ago, dvogon said:

A Kamino set? That would be an interesting shift for the set. But with 20 bucks worth of pieces I don't know what they could decently do there...

A 29,99 set would give TLG a better choice to introduce a place that I think they haven't explored yet.

I think the "Kamino set" is just a speculation/rumor/joke that has gotten out of hand in the last two pages of this thread.  I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong, but as far as I know, there's absolutely no concrete reason to believe that K vs R is a Kamino playset.

this is what happens when people spread false crap. the truth gets buried and suddenly there's a $30 kamino set.

whatever this set is, it won't be revealed for a few weeks, so my advice is to forget it exists and be surprised. 

fwiw.

there are only 8 concrete things known about 75236.

piece count
price
box size
UPC
EAN
ASIN
DPCI
Walmart SKU

as a matter of fact, this might even be an April set, not even January.

12 minutes ago, Tidy said:

piece count
price
box size
UPC
EAN
ASIN
DPCI
Walmart SKU

Whatever you just said...anyway this is indeed starting to get out of hand, don't know where this all started but you're right, people shouldn't get too carried away with this wild speculation, we've seen such threads blocked for this before...

18 minutes ago, brobert said:

Whatever you just said...anyway this is indeed starting to get out of hand, don't know where this all started but you're right, people shouldn't get too carried away with this wild speculation, we've seen such threads blocked for this before...

Wild speculaiton, rather no speculation at all, maybe it's actual time to open a speculation thread so people who like to guess what's gonna come will have their fun over there and stop confusing for others who require some actual support for the findings. Not only that it is confusing and misleading, it's also irritating when people continuously makes a mountain out of a molehill

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Wild speculaiton, rather no speculation at all, maybe it's actual time to open a speculation thread so people who like to guess what's gonna come will have their fun over there and stop confusing for others who require some actual support for the findings. Not only that it is confusing and misleading, it's also irritating when people continuously makes a mountain out of a molehill

Word. Isn't the Future sets thread for stuff like this though?

Well what's funny about the inclusion of a fourth member of Inferno Squad, when there's only three in the game, is that having only three helmets makes more sense upon further thought.

On 11/26/2018 at 3:44 PM, Azani said:

75236 is a playset - "R vs. K" - that is coming in January for $19.99 US and 191 pieces. It has something to do with a Slave I, but it isn't a Juniors set.

Back to the stem of the "Kamino" rumor. But at the end of it all, we don't know if it's a kamino set. I find it difficult to assume that the new slave 1 will be Boba Fett's however

2 minutes ago, namioik said:

Back to the stem of the "Kamino" rumor. But at the end of it all, we don't know if it's a kamino set. I find it difficult to assume that the new slave 1 will be Boba Fett's however

and 4 other people have said duel on starkiller ... this needs to DIE now ... he is making assumptions ...

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

and 4 other people have said duel on starkiller ... this needs to DIE now ... he is making assumptions ...

Azani was making assumptions? If so my apologizes for continuing this made up rumor