Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

11 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Well that will keep the exclusitivity of 75211's helmet :)

It's still disappointing that the rebel trooper doesn't have leg prints

Except I do have to say, I felt 75211 was a bit of a downgrade. The styling on top of the helmet was nice, but the actual facial design was back to the Rebels-era of dark bluish grey matte printing, which after the silver printing on the Striker and planet-series TIE Bomber pilots, just isn't even in the same league.

The Inferno Squad battlepack looks pretty good. They really captured Iden Versio quite well. Don't really care for Microfighters that much but I'm glad we're getting the orange pauldron Sandtrooper in a cheap set. Shame Darth Maul still has the creepy smiley face.

The Death Star Escape turned out better than expected and highlight of the wave. Even though its already represented in the larger UCS set, this is a good smaller take on the scene with much more detail. Nice use of the white Batman belt and transparent back bracket on Luke too.

The Droid Gunship looks like an improvement over the previous ones but not something I'm going to rush out for. If it goes down enough on sale I might pick it up. The AT-AP is an easy pass though.

I like the Naboo Starfighter MF and the fact that it has a nicely integrated control panel, but I don't like the black stripe underneath R2. Anakin has a nice new face print. The Sith Infiltrator MF looks good as well, both just aren't really must-haves. At least the silly Darth Maul face kinda fits the theme now. The Dewback is amazing and could easily double as a regular but younger Dewback. The escape pod is pretty detailed but weird as a Microfighter.

Obviously the Praetorian BP should've had the third helmet, but I guess it was unrealistic to expect two new moulds for a BP (in all of the previous wave they have had either 0 or 1 new mould). I wish it only came with one of the sunvisor guards though, as they are less common and the set only comes with one of his style of weapon (the double-bladed thing, it looks a little weird brick-built and I don't like the dark red). I guess the polearm with the Nexo-Knights blade represents the Vibro-Voulge and the polearm with the machete (similar to the one in Snoke's throne room) represents the Electro-bisento. Have no idea why they used the 4M grey bars here instead of the 3M bars like in the throne room, the weapons are way too long. Especially the bisento could've done without an additional lightsaber hilt. Oh well, easy fixes, and it comes with all 4 Praetorian weapons which is nice. The build is something really different for once. Don't care too much about the training droid though. I still need to get one of those TLJ stormies so he is a nice inclusion.

I like the Inferno squad BP (even the build is pretty good, for a non-canon thing) but it could've been so much better. Iden should've come with a helmet and it is a shame that the droid has been omitted. It is also disappointing that the other 3 are just generic Inferno Squad 'members' instead of the actual characters. Why even make the pack in the first place if you are not going to do that? Well, it's still a buy I guess.

Droid Gunship is a major improvement over the previous one, which was a major improvement over the 2008 one. Did not realise they could've made it this much better. Not excited for the repeats of this and the AT-AP but the gunship looks so good that I want to get it. Shame they threw in another Yoda, I remember a time they used to release all kinds of new Jedi to entice people to buy such sets. At least the battle droids are really nice and I need them for my TCW collection. Getting the droids also means I have no reason to get the AT-AP. It looks identical to the 2014 version. But then again, that one was perfect already. Death Star Escape is another really nice cheap vignette / location playset.

Is it weird that I am most excited for the 4+ sets (besides the BP's of course). Finally, a TIE Fighter at a normal price for such a cannon-fodder thing. Great-looking A-wing. X-wing is a bit weird but only the open cockpit and the fact that there is no space for R2's head bother me. The trench run aspect is quite refreshing. Good printed pieces all around. Just very lame that they threw in 3PO in the A-wing instead of a mechanic. Way too many R2's and C-3PO's lately.

Just a reminder that this isn't the place or comments on Lego's marketing strategy. Thanks. 

So this is a pretty minor thing but are those dark blue ice cream cones on the Droid Gunship? Because thats kinda neat.

12 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

So this is a pretty minor thing but are those dark blue ice cream cones on the Droid Gunship? Because thats kinda neat.

It sure looks like it :)

37 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

What happened to the R vs K set?

That one's probably a retailer exclusive, those are usually revealed separately :wink: There's also that set with Finch Dallow that's still missing, presumably another exclusive...

So far this wave is overall "meh" for me. The Droid Gunship is the best version yet and I don't own either of the previous ones so I'll be getting this one. Same with the AT-DP but it really doesn't look much different from the previous version. I still don't have one so I might pick t up it's just not a huge priority. The Praetorian battle pack is the real winner of this wave, They did a fantastic job on it. I really like that the side build is unique and can be combined with Snoke's throne room. Muck better than them trying to throw together a half-baked little ship. Inferno Squad looks decent, I still have a bad taste in my mouth about Battlefront II so that really kills much of my interest in this set. The Deathstar escape set is interesting but really doesn't do anything for me. There really isn't anything new or exciting about it for me to have any interest. As far as MFs go, I'm very glad we're getting a super cheap Darth Maul. I don't own an updated one as the Duel on Naboo set was really disappointing imo so I'll be picking this up just for the minifig. Darth Vader's castle is a nice set though I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have Momin's mask. Overall though nothing in this wave is really wowing me or surprising me other than the Praetorian bp. Hopefully the next wave will be better, especially with the Clone Wars era sets. I don't want a bunch of rehashes(unless it's something we haven't seen in a very long time and is in desperate need of an update) let alone the EXACT same set with some minor tweaks.

Have just checked the official site's online store and I am quite surprised at the sheer volume of sets that are listed as retiring soon. Excluding the Snowspeeder, I have counted 26 sets that have 'retiring soon' on their listing. Without wishing to seem speculative, can anyone shed any light as to whether or not this is indicative of an excess of new sets for the 20th anniversary, or just a case of LEGO removing sets from availability so as to try and decrease the number of sets available and discontinue some of the poorer sellers? It's the fact that some of them are as new as the April 2018 wave that is so surprising. 

Just now, Renown said:

Have just checked the official site's online store and I am quite surprised at the sheer volume of sets that are listed as retiring soon. Excluding the Snowspeeder, I have counted 26 sets that have 'retiring soon' on their listing. Without wishing to seem speculative, can anyone shed any light as to whether or not this is indicative of an excess of new sets for the 20th anniversary, or just a case of LEGO removing sets from availability so as to try and decrease the number of sets available and discontinue some of the poorer sellers? It's the fact that some of them are as new as the April 2018 wave that is so surprising. 

only 1 in the us is listed as retiring soon ... ucs snowspeeder. /shrug

Just now, Tidy said:

only 1 in the us is listed as retiring soon ... ucs snowspeeder. /shrug

I'm looking at the UK site. Interesting that so many appear to be retiring soon here.

Just now, Renown said:

I'm looking at the UK site. Interesting that so many appear to be retiring soon here.

lego works in mysterious ways ... lol ...

There is a large number of sets that retire at the end off every year. Same thing happened last year and the year before. The US website, with a few exceptions, no longer uses the "Retiring Soon" flag.

4 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Does anyone know what set Finch Dallow is coming in and when we can expect it? 

no. 

3 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Do we know how much it costs?

look at the news thread.

5 minutes ago, Maartenh said:

Looks like the Instagram page all leaked sets appeared the last few waves was taken down...

meh, most of them were just aggregators and reposters ... 

13 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Do we know how much it costs?

75236 is a playset - "R vs. K" - that is coming in January for $19.99 US and 191 pieces. It has something to do with a Slave I, but it isn't a Juniors set.

Edited by Azani

2 hours ago, Azani said:

75236 is a playset - "R vs. K" - that is coming in January for $19.99 US and 191 pieces. It has something to do with a Slave I, but it isn't a Juniors set.

Let me take a gander.

K equals Kenobi (maybe), and R equals... Rango fett?

Could it be on Kamino?

I have no idea what this could be. 

23 hours ago, Renown said:

Oh 26? Something like 200 are listed in Australia, some of which havent even been out a year yet.

Edited by Magmafrost

6 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Oh 26? Something like 200 are listed in Australia, some of which havent even been out a year yet.

I thought non of them are retiring except for the snowspeeder.

10 hours ago, GrandDukeofKumquats said:

Let me take a gander.

K equals Kenobi (maybe), and R equals... Rango fett?

Could it be on Kamino?

I have no idea what this could be. 

rain vs Kenobi? As Boba stays nice and dry in the Slave 1. ?