Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

20 minutes ago, brobert said:

Makes you question the "military might" of the Empire really. Clumsy walking dogs, armor that renders infantry completely inefficient...Their propaganda was definitely better than their skills :laugh_hard: (but we're also really off target right now, sorry)

Yep, off target like Gold Leader, and we know what happened to him.  I'll take most of the responsibility for this, and I'm sorry for going off track.

I will say that I don't mean to be too cynical or ungrateful regarding the LEGO Star Wars team.  I just think that minifigures (past, present, and future) are a goldmine, and so there's some level of Star Wars management that refuses to put all the maximum detail on any given figure.  For instance, I'm sure some of the designers are just as nerdy as we are, and prefer the old helmet, or the new helmet, or a mix of both.

As far as the 2019 sets, I don't have too much to say...I realize how disappointed I am by the 4+ build, especially the unenclosed X-Wing, but then again, I am over six times as old as the target audience.  :wink:
I guess it's unfortunate that the first annual AFOL leaks are, effectively, "Duplo+".  That's an exaggeration, of course, but these sets are not meant to be leaked and obsessed over by adults for three months.  They have no chance of holding up to our scrutiny, haha.

That being said, I feel like I'd better save my money, because I have a feeling that April-December of next year will be a relentless attack of intriguing sets.

Perhaps they are just leaving room for improvement, I mean if they they released the ultimately detailed figure with perfect armor and accessories, what would be left for the future. 

39 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I guess it's unfortunate that the first annual AFOL leaks are, effectively, "Duplo+".  That's an exaggeration, of course, but these sets are not meant to be leaked and obsessed over by adults for three months.  They have no chance of holding up to our scrutiny, haha.

So true

39 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

That being said, I feel like I'd better save my money, because I have a feeling that April-December of next year will be a relentless attack of intriguing sets.

We can only hope, that sounds very likely. I really am looked forward to the UCS set(s), I am not in too big of a hurry though still have quite a few other sets I want get as well. 

Edited by Johnny1360

I think the new Rebel pilot helmet mold is more realistic to the films. They are supposed to look oversized and the printing is amazing. I don’t mind the stormtrooper helmet either although I was more than satisfied with the one they’ve been using. I think it’s ridiculous that people say they’re ugly or horrendous or absolutely terrible. I realize it comes down to opinion but people are being dramatic

iden fig leaked too. mmmmmmmmm. so happy about these inferno squad figs.  

5 minutes ago, Tidy said:

iden fig leaked too. mmmmmmmmm. so happy about these inferno squad figs.  

That's awesome! Can you give any pointers on where to find her? 

43 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

That's awesome! Can you give any pointers on where to find her? 

i imagine it'll be on instagram soon enough ...

she has red printed on the torso for the pauldron, and some red on her back too ... and the pilot's box on her chest, but same legs/helmet as the previous inferno agent [hask] ...

58 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think the new Rebel pilot helmet mold is more realistic to the films. They are supposed to look oversized and the printing is amazing. I don’t mind the stormtrooper helmet either although I was more than satisfied with the one they’ve been using. I think it’s ridiculous that people say they’re ugly or horrendous or absolutely terrible. I realize it comes down to opinion but people are being dramatic

I have to hold the new stormtrooper helmet in my hands before I render final judgment. But until then, I'm still convinced they're trying to fix something that ain't broken. Also, as a stormtrooper army builder, having a new helmet messes up my army quite a bit. 

Just now, Garmetrowolf said:

Also, as a stormtrooper army builder, having a new helmet messes up my army quite a bit. 

that's my biggest issue too ... i have 250+ of the 585's ... even if the new helmet is the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's not feasible to replace my others so they match the new ... so, next best thing, i've been snatching up the current helmet in bulk ... 

6 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i imagine it'll be on instagram soon enough ...

she has red printed on the torso for the pauldron, and some red on her back too ... and the pilot's box on her chest, but same legs/helmet as the previous inferno agent [hask] ...

I hope so. That's sounds awesome! 

37 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

I hope so. That's sounds awesome! 

she's on IG now ... the 'leaked' fig is not using the proper head though ... but at this point that isn't an issue ... even if lego screws the pooch and gives iden a generic dude face, the kordi freemaker head is a dead ringer for iden.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

that's my biggest issue too ... i have 250+ of the 585's ... even if the new helmet is the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's not feasible to replace my others so they match the new ... so, next best thing, i've been snatching up the current helmet in bulk ... 

Oh yes, I agree, I was very happy with the previous version, and I don’t think it needed an update. I just think it’s a bit dramatic to say it is hideous and terrible and the worst looking helmet ever. 

Some more pics on IG showing the new Stormie helmet from different angles if anyone's interested. Also, the leaker is promising that another Rebel will leak next week ...

Praetorian has dual molded dagger weapons it looks like :wub:

The new images of the Stomtrooper helmet make it look much better then previous ones have. 

I don’t hate it. 

I just dislike that the tube look of the jaw from the sides to the chin has that cutout so the chin can hang over the torso. 

It’s not awful in the least but it’s not perfect which is frustrating in its own right. 

I own thirty of the latest stormtroopers. I’m not too upset there’s a new generation. 

Edited by Forresto

Just now, Forresto said:

Praetorian has dual molded dagger weapons it looks like :wub:

pretty sure those aren't coming with the battle pack. they look just like the custom ones that came with my custom praetorains ...

Just now, Tidy said:

pretty sure those aren't coming with the battle pack. they look just like the custom ones that came with my custom praetorains ...

:look: awww...

They look fantastic though!

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

It might be better to wait until after the new helmet comes out. It might make the price of the stormies we collect go down. I feel bad for the people who buy 75221 Imperial Landing Craft and then find out that those helmets go out of date starting in 2019, assuming the new helmet replaces all stormtrooper variations and isn't just something exclusive to the Juniors line.  

5 minutes ago, Garmetrowolf said:

It might be better to wait until after the new helmet comes out. It might make the price of the stormies we collect go down. I feel bad for the people who buy 75221 Imperial Landing Craft and then find out that those helmets go out of date starting in 2019, assuming the new helmet replaces all stormtrooper variations and isn't just something exclusive to the Juniors line.  

The new Stormtrooper is supposedly coming in the 75235 4+ X-Wing and the 75229 Death Star set so that means it's not exclusive to just the 4+ line. It will be interesting to see if the rumoured sandtrooper in the escape pod vs dewback set is a sandy version of this new mold or if they use the old one. It could be a year with many contradicting helmets if they use the old. 

or the opposite happens and they skyrocket because people do truly hate the new one and want as many old ones as possible. fwiw, i actually do have one, and it is extremely obvious when standing next to the 585's ... insert shrug emoji ... i don't hate the new one as much after having it in my hand, actually i like it, but it doesn't fit in my army ... so i have made a decision on the direction i'm going ... replacing 1 or 2 here or there is much more cost effective than buying 250+ new helmets to outfit my army ... and since i'm already stockpiling, i'm good to go ...

the sandies will probably eventually get the new mold with extra printing, but i don't see it being in the dewback microfighter in january ... the new stormie helmet is in both the 4+ x-wing and the non 4+ death star swing set ... so it isn't exclusive to one or the other ... it is the new way ... insert more emoji shrugs ...

at least they aren't [to the best of my knowledge] pulling tfa/tlj rounded/pointy mouth shenanigans and mixing the two helmets in existing on the shelf sets ... another wtf move imho ... 

Now that I look at it again, the new stormtrooper doens't look that bad, although I still really like the older version...

Iden fron Inferno BP and AAT pilot droids look great too.

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Some more pics on IG showing the new Stormie helmet from different angles if anyone's interested. Also, the leaker is promising that another Rebel will leak next week ...

"Another Rebel" is always good news in my book.  :thumbup:

All this dramatic leaking and re-leaking and purchasing of ill-obtained figures seems a bit silly to me, since most will be revealed in less than two months, but I guess it's just part of the AFOL culture at this point.  Whether TLG is on board with it or trying to crack down, who knows.  That would be an interesting question for one of the Ambassadors.  Oh, well, I guess I'm a hypocrite, because it's a guilty pleasure to go on Instagram and look for LEGO leaks.  :blush:

Anyway, do most of you think that this "Rebel" leaking next week will be from the 4+ A-Wing set?  I guess it could be from a set later in the year, or something we don't know about yet.

You know why the new Stormtrooper helmet looks wrong?

The eye holes are an entire head above where a minifigure’s eyes are. 

It looks wrong next to other figures once you notice it.

13 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

"Another Rebel" is always good news in my book.  :thumbup:

All this dramatic leaking and re-leaking and purchasing of ill-obtained figures seems a bit silly to me, since most will be revealed in less than two months, but I guess it's just part of the AFOL culture at this point.  Whether TLG is on board with it or trying to crack down, who knows.  That would be an interesting question for one of the Ambassadors.  Oh, well, I guess I'm a hypocrite, because it's a guilty pleasure to go on Instagram and look for LEGO leaks.  :blush:

Anyway, do most of you think that this "Rebel" leaking next week will be from the 4+ A-Wing set?  I guess it could be from a set later in the year, or something we don't know about yet.

I don’t whether I’d call a few images “dramatic leaking”. Lego did crack down on leaks; it was so much more free-flowing before they effectively shut down the Discord and reddit leak discussions. 

19 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

well, according to sir von lego, the a-wing has the green jumpsuited pilot [which recently appeared in factories again and is being sold] and c-3po ... 

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

well, according to sir von lego, the a-wing has the green jumpsuited pilot [which recently appeared in factories again and is being sold] and c-3po ... 

Is it the same one as in the previous A-Wing, or something new?

Is it the same one as in the previous A-Wing, or something new?

reused old pilot from the 2017 a-wing ...