Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

15 minutes ago, icm said:

I imagine that's what the $50 and $70 "hero" and "villain" ships from the April wave are.  They seem about the right size for a racer from Resistance, the hero and villain ships from all the existing movies have been covered pretty well, and Lego has a history of issuing a pair of mid-sized ships for Star Wars properties that seem popular enough for sets but too risky for a large wave - see The Force Unleashed, The Old Republic, etc.

Good point, I just assumed those were OT/TPM sets as well :laugh: Now that you’ve mentioned it, placeholders like „hero/villain vehicle“ have so far only been used for sets based on new movies, so those two might be based on Resistance after all :thumbup: This would also line up with the rumoured release date of other merch based on the show...

41 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

The UCS wasn't discontinued that long ago, I wouldn't be surprised if a few stores still have some floating around, so potentially up to four Slave I's available a the same time (although maybe not in any given store)

That's right. I forgot the UCS one. I have just checked and it's still on sale at Lego.com. 

1 hour ago, icm said:

We've had three Y-wings on sale at the same time: microfighter, System, UCS.  That's about the same as the Slave 1 situation we're looking at, since the mid-scale build comes in a UCS/MBS set instead of being sold by itself.

That's correct as well, although in the Y-Wing case, the sets are way different in size hence serving completely different markets: micro, system and UCS. 

Based on the blurry leaked image of the X-Wing Junior set, I would say that the size of the Slave I Junior set would be bigger than a microfighter, if it's going to be made after all. I don't know if it would have the same size as the UCS one, which is mid-scale, but I doubt it given the suggested price point. So in that case we could end up with three sets with sizes from bigger than a micro fighter scale to mid-scale and to system scale. That's weird. 

And then we still have the UCS one, of course.

Edited by dvogon

I hope that the Hoth Set has more Imperials this time around then Rebels. Assault on Hoth was very low on Snowtroopers. 

32 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I hope that the Hoth Set has more Imperials this time around then Rebels. Assault on Hoth was very low on Snowtroopers. 

Yeah maybe it would be an actual assualt this time.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

All signs point to a 4+ set

Really? I though it was just a regular 29.99 US set. I'm pretty sure it just has 3 figs. Where did you hear that from?

4 hours ago, RODDY said:

1 snowie, and 3 rebels is the scuttlebutt.

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Anyone know if Death Star Escape is a regular or Juniors set?

regular. the only 4+ sets so far are the tie, x-wing and a-wing.

7 hours ago, Tidy said:

That kinda sucks. Looks like we'll have to wait to the eventual AT-AT remake. 

9 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Really? I though it was just a regular 29.99 US set. I'm pretty sure it just has 3 figs. Where did you hear that from?

That’s what has been said from the beginning, I’m only repeating what everyone else was saying. This is the first time I’ve heard it’s a regular set...now I’m confused

8 hours ago, Tidy said:

Any pilots with new helmet designs?  Would be great to start getting new characters with the new helmet mold.

15 hours ago, Tidy said:

regular. the only 4+ sets so far are the tie, x-wing and a-wing.

Does it means that the Slave I Junior/4+ set won't be released? Or will it be a regular set?

Just now, dvogon said:

Does it means that the Slave I Junior/4+ set won't be released? Or will it be a regular set?

there is no objective evidence supporting a 4+ slave 1.

6 hours ago, Tusserte said:

Any pilots with new helmet designs?  Would be great to start getting new characters with the new helmet mold.

the only scuttlebutt is the 1 snowie, and 3 rebels. april is a long way off though.

4 hours ago, dvogon said:

It is rumoured there will be to be two Slave I sets. The first one is $20 USD, and is releasing in January. The second one is for $120 USD and will be releasing in April. All of this information is according to the leaks website. These rumours can be false though, but the majority is usually correct.

Edited by Don Neimoidte de la Mancha

13 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s what has been said from the beginning, I’m only repeating what everyone else was saying. This is the first time I’ve heard it’s a regular set...now I’m confused

I'm even more confused...

6 hours ago, Tidy said:

there is no objective evidence supporting a 4+ slave 1.

the only scuttlebutt is the 1 snowie, and 3 rebels. april is a long way off though.

Is that for the hoth set? 3 figs for 60 bucks?!

Okay so in another unfathomable move by Lego, the Luke minifigure from the 4+ X-Wing has leaked and it has the old style of helmet with a printed visor. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

It's basically a regular X-Wing body with a head very similar to the existing Snowspeeder version. The Snowspeder head has a stern face on one side whereas this is smirking slightly.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Okay so in another unfathomable move by Lego, the Luke minifigure from the 4+ X-Wing has leaked and it has the old style of helmet with a printed visor. ?

Perhaps they don't want to scare all the 4yo's with a Luke that resembles Sloth form the Goonies!... here's hoping they've just decided to sack off the new rebel helmet mould all together, on the grounds of it looking ridiculous ;) 

Likelyhood is that they don't want to compromise the "exclusivity" of the helmet's in the 75218 X-Wing though.

Just now, ThousandMoon said:

Perhaps they don't want to scare all the 4yo's with a Luke that resembles Sloth form the Goonies!... here's hoping they've just decided to sack off the new rebel helmet mould all together, on the grounds of it looking ridiculous ;) 

Likelyhood is that they don't want to compromise the "exclusivity" of the helmet's in the 75218 X-Wing though.

I like the new mould, but if anything it fits more with the 4+ line and that new oversized Stormtrooper helmet mould. Maybe they still have a load of the old ones to get rid of. It would be good if Lego just stuck to one design though; having the old mould in the 4+ and the new mould in 75218 just adds to the distinction between the 4+ sets and the other sets which is what I thought they were trying to get rid of by scrapping the Juniors branding.

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

That’s utterly fantastic, will get two copies of that head and now will have two more rebel pilot heads to supplement all our others (got all the previous ones - two of every double sided one - and all the Firestar ones)... but still running on a few repeats at the moment! :laugh:

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

The 4+ x-wing features Luke with an old Alliance helmet mould and an updated face print (basically the 2014 one without the cheek lines).

I don't mind the 4+ sets using the old helmet for Luke. Opinions on the new Rebel helmet have been pretty divisive and keeping both molds on the market is a good compromise to keep everyone happy, as well as hopefully give both sides a chance to eventually complete their respective collections of Rebel pilots. Its also good to finally have an updated visor face print for Luke without the cheeklines.

I'm interested to see what the Hoth playset will be based on. The Medical Chamber was a pleasant surprise and a Control Room with that same level of detail would be nice, although I do wish these sets would be modular so you could actually combine them. Wouldn't surprise me if we get a new Snowspeeder - either as part of the Hoth playset or one of the 20th Anniversary sets. Hopefully any Rebel pilots will come with the new helmet.

Not too excited for a potential Rey vs. Kylo set since I already have several figures of them from TFA already and there's only so much you can do with a forest. If the build itself is a decent display piece or it comes with a Starkiller Base variant of Han it might gain my interest.