Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Tidy said:

a snowy forest 30+ years in the future ...

I follow now. Interesting.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New Lego Star Wars 2019 sets list leaked on Instgram by Azani.

The only new thing is that the "75236 Slave I playset" is codenamed R vs K.

Can you share link or copy paste the list?

I fail to see the point of the R vs K set, both characters are still easily available and a couple of trees is hardly exciting :wacko: What else could the set include? An unconscious F? Unless they have at least new facial expressions, this will not be of much interest to most people...

2 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

Can you share link or copy paste the list?

January
75223 - [Naboo Starfighter] • $10 US
75224 - [Sith Infiltrator] • $10 US
75225 - Elite Praetorian Guards Battle Pack • $15 US
75226 - [Inferno Squad Battle Pack] • $15 US
75228 - [Escape Pod vs. Dewback Microfighters] • $20 US
75229 - [Death Star Escape] • $30 US
75233 - [Droid Gunship] • $50 US
75234 - [AT-AP] • $60 US
75235 - [Juniors™ X-Wing Starfighter] • $30 US
75236 - [Slave I Playset  - "R vs. K"] • $20 US
75237 - [Juniors™ TIE Fighter] • $20 US
75247 - [Juniors™ A-Wing Starfighter] • $15 US

April
75238 - [Small Playset 1] • $30 US
75239 - [Small Playset 2] • $30 US
75241 - [Large Hoth Playset] • $60 US
75242 - [Hero Ship] • $50 US
75243 - [Slave I] • $120 US
75258 - [20th Anniversary PR (Public Release)] • $30 US
75259 - [20th Anniversary Exclusive] (Walmart) • $40 US
75260 - [20th Anniversary Exclusive] (Target) • $?? US
75261 - [20th Anniversary Exclusive] (Walmartt) • $30 US
75262 - [20th Anniversary Exclusive] (Walmart) • $20 US

30383 - [Naboo Starfighter] • $4 US
30384 - [Snowspeeder] • $4 US
30461 - [Anakin's Podracer] • $4 US

May
75240 - [May the Fourth Villain Ship] • $70 US
75244 - [1HY UCS] • ~$200 US

October
75252 - [2HY UCS] • $??? US

this is what azani has compiled from various sources.

all Juniors™ are what have learned are the rebranded 4+ ...

75238, 75239, and 75240 are technically 'action/play' sets, and are a departure from the normal 'playset' ... note my distinction in the name ...

75236 is listed as different things in different places ... @Kevii23 added some clarification earlier ...

what is absolute at this point; price and piece count.

I'm really curious about those April sets. Also any guesses what 75240 might be?

Btw. when approximately should January wave pictures surface?

Just now, Archangelo said:

Btw. when approximately should January wave pictures surface?

sometime next month.

56 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I fail to see the point of the R vs K set, both characters are still easily available and a couple of trees is hardly exciting :wacko: What else could the set include? An unconscious F? Unless they have at least new facial expressions, this will not be of much interest to most people...

As I have touched on in the past, 75236 is amassing/accruing the majority of this confusion/uncertainty as a result of two disparate - very disparate - retail profiles that cite two of the largest stateside sources for this sort of thing. I still have reason to believe that a Slave I will be included (something that both @Tidy and myself have seen the pertinent evidence for); that being what it is, the only bits that we can implicitly and unwaveringly hold as credible "facts" are as follows: that it will be coming in January, and that it will not, in fact, be a Juniors/4+ kit, despite the numbering scheme that TLG has set it within. Why is it 75236, and not 75238 or 75239? I can't say, though I would speculate - with the key word at play here as the latter verb "speculate" - that the change to set 75236 as a 4+ kit occurred well after the decision to make 75237 and 75247 a pair of 4+ kits was made. With 75236 as a standard 6-12 playset, only three 4+ kits exist. :)

47 minutes ago, Tidy said:

<snip>

this is what azani has compiled from various sources.

all Juniors™ are what have learned are the rebranded 4+ ...

75238, 75239, and 75240 are technically 'action/play' sets, and are a departure from the normal 'playset' ... note my distinction in the name ...

75236 is listed as different things in different places ... @Kevii23 added some clarification earlier ...

what is absolute at this point; price and piece count.

This is correct; I don't pretend or endeavor to have sourced these lists from some ulterior, hidden benefactor... Some of this is from Walmart, some from Target, some from TRU Canada, and yes, some is from the immaculate @Sir von Lego. Individual sources are, as per usual, available for perusal upon request.

I would add that the 6-12 nature of "R vs. K" is also absolute/definitive at this particular juncture. Not a 4+ kit, as I initially believed.

Edited by Azani

3 minutes ago, Azani said:

As I have touched on in the past, 75236 is amassing/accruing the majority of this confusion/uncertainty as a result of two disparate - very disparate - retail profiles that cite two of the largest stateside sources for this sort of thing. I still have reason to believe that a Slave I will be included (something that both @Tidy and myself have seen the pertinent evidence for); that being what it is, the only bits that we can implicitly and unwaveringly hold as credible "facts" are as follows: that it will be coming in January, and that it will not, in fact, be a Juniors/4+ kit ...

mmmhmmm, and so much uncertainty that the sports book at caesar's is now taking bets ... whichever way the pendulum does swing, it's just another in the wave i can skip ...

6 minutes ago, Azani said:

This is correct; I don't pretend eto

i didn't mean to infer otherwise ... ;-]

2 minutes ago, Tidy said:

mmmhmmm, and so much uncertainty that the sports book at caesar's is now taking bets ... whichever way the pendulum does swing, it's just another in the wave i can skip ...

No, you're absolutely correct; I would say that the majority of the user base here is going to feel comfortable skipping past a 191 - piece playset, irrespective of the possible PT, OT, or ST designation.

2 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i didn't mean to infer otherwise ... ;-]

And I didn't mean to click "post"/"save". My mistake, sir. :P

Edited by Azani

My problem with the current pricing of battle packs is the builds they come with are typically useless. 

Just now, Forresto said:

My problem with the current pricing of battle packs is the builds they come with are typically useless. 

I dunno, I kinda enjoy some of them. The praetorian guard BP build looks somewhat promising.

1 minute ago, Forresto said:

imho, only exception to that recently has been the imperial patrol speeder ... 

Hoth Rebel Battlepack and the recent Imperial Patrol battpacks were the only ones I appreciated the minibuilds. But that was due to the fact that they were in the movies.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’m hoping we get the new Mad Eye Moody hair piece on Kylo. That would make it a must buy for me

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Aw man still no V-19 :cry_sad:

I was looking forward to that the most...

Edited by JarJarBonks

And still no set that would make sense for Finch Dallow to appear in... Maybe he’s released as a polybag minifig? TLJ still hasn’t gotten its second one yet :wink:

Thanks @Azani - I'm surprised that there's another Hoth set in the pipeline, unless it's designed to be compatible with 75203.  I just hope it's not another Snowspeeder and trench, but that's almost inevitable!  Overall, it looks like another relatively inexpensive year for me; possibly just the two UCS sets.  A new system scale Slave 1 could do well, but as I've got 75060 I doubt I'll buy one - unless it has some really nice minifigures :wink:

Three Slave I at the same time with different sizes: junior, mid-scale and system scale? That's a bit weird I would say.

Just curious about the large Hoth playset. I would like it to be another expansion to help fixing the UCS? Assault on Hoth, although another Snowspeeder is more likely.

26 minutes ago, dvogon said:

Three Slave I at the same time with different sizes: junior, mid-scale and system scale? That's a bit weird I would say.

We've had three Y-wings on sale at the same time: microfighter, System, UCS.  That's about the same as the Slave 1 situation we're looking at, since the mid-scale build comes in a UCS/MBS set instead of being sold by itself.

With the January and April waves being this substantial and the Episode IX sets lurking around the corner, I wonder what we can expect for the summer wave sets. Maybe they’ll go all out (it is the 20th anniversary after all) and grant us a regular wave, but that almost seems like overkill. Still, they have to insert some sets based on Resistance somewhere down the line :sweet:

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

Just curious about the large Hoth playset. I would like it to be another expansion to help fixing the UCS? Assault on Hoth, although another Snowspeeder is more likely.

The UCS wasn't discontinued that long ago, I wouldn't be surprised if a few stores still have some floating around, so potentially up to four Slave I's available a the same time (although maybe not in any given store)

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Still, they have to insert some sets based on Resistance somewhere down the line :sweet:

I imagine that's what the $50 and $70 "hero" and "villain" ships from the April wave are.  They seem about the right size for a racer from Resistance, the hero and villain ships from all the existing movies have been covered pretty well, and Lego has a history of issuing a pair of mid-sized ships for Star Wars properties that seem popular enough for sets but too risky for a large wave - see The Force Unleashed, The Old Republic, etc.

Just now, icm said:

I imagine that's what the $50 and $70 "hero" and "villain" ships from the April wave are.  They seem about the right size for a racer from Resistance, the hero and villain ships from all the existing movies have been covered pretty well, and Lego has a history of issuing a pair of mid-sized ships for Star Wars properties that seem popular enough for sets but too risky for a large wave - see The Force Unleashed, The Old Republic, etc.

I can think of a couple of villain ships from the existing movies that have NOT been coveren pretty well...

Hint: It starts with "TIE" and ends with "bomber" or "interceptor"...

Oh well, I can hope can't I...