Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

30 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

There is a comparison picture of the profile shots of the new and old Stormtrooper. The back of the new one’s mouth piece cuts off rather abruptly before it touches the torso, which the older one did not have. That one looked a lot more finished and proper from the side.

It looks really bad. Not at all how the helmets look "in real life".

I don't remember the film helmets having any 90 degree angles in them. Was this the interns first try at designing a helmet? The last version was so much closer and just required tweaking like so many others have mentioned.

I was ok with it until I saw that side shot. What were they thinking?! How many years are we going to be stuck with this terrible design?

I don’t own the Mimban Stormtrooper helmet (yet) but that one also appears to have this downward angle, but nowhere near this bad (90 degrees) and it is probably closer to the movies. Why couldn’t they do something similar to that piece? Also, aren’t the rear rectangles on the Stormtrooper helmet supposed to be grey? The black dual moulding doesn’t really work there.

Man, they really got the previous Stormtrooper (and FO trooper for that matter) helmet mould right with the nice curve that still manages to fit past the square shoulders of the minifigure.

On 11/6/2018 at 11:46 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

He doesn’t mean April 20th. It’s the 20th anniversary wave, in April. April has been the rumor for that for a long time now. But the “20th” referred to “anniversary” not “April”. The phrasing was just kinda wonky

That makes sense, it ties in with Celebration.

47 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

There was never anything wrong with the old Stormtrooper! Why change it???

At a guess, it's because the chemistry of the plastic got more biological, and the new compound won't deal with the stresses so LEGO had to redesign the mould in order to prevent fractures.

Imperial Patrol Troopers have the exact same chin cutoff though...

@RogueTwo they’ve always flipped open. Either in the film or in a still from behind the scenes you can see the white bearded rebel trooper, the one that’s been retconned to be Captain Rex, in the armor with the faceplate flipped up.

38 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Imperial Patrol Troopers have the exact same chin cutoff though...

@RogueTwo they’ve always flipped open. Either in the film or in a still from behind the scenes you can see the white bearded rebel trooper, the one that’s been retconned to be Captain Rex, in the armor with the faceplate flipped up.

Yes, but we've never had 90 degree chin cut off, that's way to steep, and looks bad sideways. I really liked the old stormtrooper...

There's also a pic of the inside, it is all black, which actually looks kinda good.

Edited by JarJarBonks

I would imagine if they were making a new mold for the Imperial Scout Trooper, then it would be released sometime in the next year. Now that I think of it, isn’t there some 20th Anniversary sets coming out in April or May? That would give Lego a good excuse to release an Endor-based set.

And at first I liked the new Stormtrooper mold, but I can’t get over the way it just sort of falls off the edge, it looks unfinished. I guess with the other helmet you couldn’t completely turn the head either, so I guess it won’t be too bad.

Edit: you know, now that I look at it again it seems to have more pose ability (or turn ability?) than the old one. Maybe thats what they were going for when they were designing the mold. Although it looks a bit clunky, I do like the new mold.

Edited by Mountain Drew

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

Target group 4+ sets for movies that are for ages 12+ - what's that?! :wacko:

TLG is really becoming license crazy.

It's a pity that there aren't already some pics of the April sets since the regular Slave I is the only til now known SW set for the winter wave I might be interested in.

PS: I agree with you that the new Stormtrooper helmet looks horrible! Details are always welcome and too less details make things looking boring and unauthentic. But too much details don't look good either. :thumbdown:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Any thoughts on the new Speeder chase set leaked on instagram? The Solo banner makes it seem fake to me. 

Edited by Maartenh

9 minutes ago, Maartenh said:

Any thoughts on the new Speeder chase set leaked on instagram? The Solo banner makes it seem fake to me. 

It's fake ... unfortunately.

16 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Yes, but we've never had 90 degree chin cut off, that's way to steep, and looks bad sideways. I really liked the old stormtrooper...

I have to see the new mold in person, but the comparison is less good as expected, sigh! :sceptic:

That Bounty Hunter Persuit “leak” got me. I was so mad when I realized I just got trolled. I suppose it’s too much to ask to remake that set, meanwhile we have 5,000 droid gunships and AT-AP Walkers...

Two speeder chases need an update - 

Bounty Hunter Airspeeders

Endor Speeder Bike Chase 

Come on LEGO? You're saying these wouldn't sell?? Two speeders for people to build together. Like the Microfighter Duelpacks.

I’m excited about that “large Hoth playset”, I can’t get enough of Hoth sets. I hope it’s something new though, maybe a good army building set with more Hoth terrain, more Taun Tauns, and so on 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m excited about that “large Hoth playset”, I can’t get enough of Hoth sets. I hope it’s something new though, maybe a good army building set with more Hoth terrain, more Taun Tauns, and so on 

I’m hoping it’s something similar to the Medical Chamber we got this year (only larger of course) as a kind of add on to the Assualt on Hoth set, since that’s exactly what that set needed.

There will be a R vs K set. It's not really a codename but if I tell you that it's in a forest I guess you can figure it out. 

The Slave 1 set is also coming as a 120€/$ set like the Sandcrawler. 

20 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

There will be a R vs K set. It's not really a codename but if I tell you that it's in a forest I guess you can figure it out. 

this is certainly nice to get some clarification on the r vs k ... 

i've wanted a nice system scale slave 1 for awhile now, so that is good news for april!

47 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Endor-themed?

It feels like so long...

Just now, Renown said:

Endor-themed?

It feels like so long...

a snowy forest 30+ years in the future ...

EPVII_Kylo_Ren_Final_Battle-1536x864-350