Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 minutes ago, Renown said:

Sounds like the same figure I tried to describe yesterday, hopefully now everyone can see what I meant. :grin:

Yep! Was just confirming you were correct : ) 

26 minutes ago, Legliss said:

Came across the Inferno Squad Agent as well. Looks like at least one of them will have its own specific head (Hask)

I so relieved that they're not using the crappy angry clone heads, and the head design they're using for Hask actually fits him quite well.

I really like that Inferno Squad figure. But I think there should be female figures as well.

There is one in the battle pack.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Not sure why everyone’s saying it’s Hask, that figure looks more like Del Meeko to me. 

Edit: torso is definitely Hask, but the face looks like Meeko. 

Edited by NeutralNoodle
Correction

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

I really like that Inferno Squad figure. But I think there should be female figures as well.

There is actually 2 agents of the Inferno Squad that are female, Iden Versio and Seyn Marana. Iden is already confirmed to be in the set, but there are 4 total agents in the Inferno Squad, and there are 4 minifigs in the set, so the chances of getting Seyn are pretty high.

Just now, NeutralNoodle said:

Not sure why everyone’s saying it’s Hask, that figure looks more like Del Meeko to me. 

The design of the torso is definitely for Hask, since he's the one with the bandoleer. Also the head kind of looks like Hask. It's pretty easy to mix them up though, since all their armor is almost exactly the same. 

Related image

Lego Minifig, Head Dark Brown Eyebrows, White Pupils, Frown, Furrowed Eyebrows Pattern - Hollow Stud

17 minutes ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

The figure could be some kind of generic trooper, considering there are 4 figures in the set, they have that one to fill in the gap.

There were actually 4 agents of the Inferno Squad, Iden Versio, Gideon Hask, Del Meeko, and Seyn Marana.

Saw the inferno squad minifig today, (Gideon Hask), and I think it looks great.And its great that we're not getting just angry clone heads for them!

Edited by JarJarBonks

5 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

There were actually 4 agents of the Inferno Squad, Iden Versio, Gideon Hask, Del Meeko, and Seyn Marana.

Ah, yes, whatever happened to Seyn Marana...:laugh: Wait, he? she? wasn't in the game, right?

But if it wasn't for the torso, this one could be any one of them, just a generic face, although it's under helmet anyways so who cares really...

Edited by brobert

9 hours ago, brobert said:

Ah, yes, whatever happened to Seyn Marana...:laugh: Wait, he? she? wasn't in the game, right?

But if it wasn't for the torso, this one could be any one of them, just a generic face, although it's under helmet anyways so who cares really...

Spoiler warning if you have not read Battlefront Inferno Squad and plan to read it.

Spoiler

Inferno squad infiltrated a rebel cell (The Dreamers) and was living with them for a period of time. After Seyn is made as a spy by the partisans, Iden is eventually forced to kill her in the heat of the moment as Seyn lunges at her, giving Iden the opportunity to solidify her place among the rebels with that last act of sacrifice.

But that is just the short version, the story is a bit more complex as Seyn also got attached to one of the Rebels 
(Sadori) and this compromised her.

Edited by Cyberfounder

That Inferno figure looks fantastic. I'm never that bothered by the heads underneath. They're the most easily switchable item on a Lego figure and if you find a better likeness elsewhere then go for it.

I've already got my CMF Surfer arms ordered to give them red stripe detailing.

It’s really starting to look like the praetorian guards in the battle pack are mixed as far as legs and skirts. It seems the new version with the visor will have legs and the version that also came in the throne room will have the skirt piece. Maybe I’m wrong? 

The Inferno Squad pack is the one I'm most eager to get at the moment and am really glad there's not a bulbous new helmet mould for them!

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

I've already got my CMF Surfer arms ordered to give them red stripe detailing.

Damn that's good... just ordering mine now! 

1 hour ago, Spongebob456 said:

Pumped for the Inferno Squad BP! Will be making sure to read the book and replay the campaign before January! 

That campaign is so tragically short that if you start right now you could be done by 7 :laugh:

1 hour ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

That campaign is so tragically short that if you start right now you could be done by 7 :laugh:

The best 5 hours you’ll spend on that game, TBH

29 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

The best 5 hours you’ll spend on that game, TBH

Disagree, that games only saving grace is starfighter assault, but this isn't relevant. What's relevant is that we should hopefully get HD pics soon based on past history. Can't wait to see the last microfighter packs and whatever that 4+ R vs K set is. My guess is it's Rian vs kathleen /s

Edited by SCREDEYE

Just to go back to the godawful new stormtrooper helmets, I do have to say I find it utterly baffling that they've changed the classic stormie yet again, this time for the worse after finally get it right in the last couple of years (though perhaps maybe they're only for the 4+ range? Like the Rebels ones were exclusive to that range?)... and yet we STILL don't have a new scout trooper helmet!? That's where those resources should have gone regardless! :wall:

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

On 11/8/2018 at 12:17 AM, Dr.Cogg said:

There is one in the battle pack.

That's great. I'm looking forward to see the final set, the direction is the right one. New characters at a good price point are always vey welcome :classic:

3 hours ago, Daddy_Stardust said:

Just to go back to the godawful new stormtrooper helmets, I do have to say I find it utterly baffling that they've changed the classic stormie yet again, this time for the worse after finally get it right in the last couple of years (though perhaps maybe they're only for the 4+ range? Like the Rebels ones were exclusive to that range?)... and yet we STILL don't have a new scout trooper helmet!? That's where those resources should have gone regardless! :wall:

Agreed.

I wonder if the face flipping up feature is the primary reason we haven’t gotten one yet? 

I do think the court is still out on the Stormie until we start getting proper photos and not these bizzare mugshots.

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

Agreed.

I wonder if the face flipping up feature is the primary reason we haven’t gotten one yet? 

I do think the court is still out on the Stormie until we start getting proper photos and not these bizzare mugshots.

A bit off topic, but was the flipping face-plate canon until Rebels?  I only remember it from those last few episodes toward the end of season four.  

I actually decided that I quite like the new Stormtrooper mold, but I would hope that very few AFOLs will be suckered into the idea of starting another trooper collection.  The joke is on TLG, not you!  :hmpf_bad:

I don't think the new Stormtrooper dual-mold was made in favor of the Scout Trooper.  Other than Rebels sets, which have been quite few and far between, the only real set for a Scout Trooper would be a battle pack or an Endor playset (most likely with a shield bunker and/or speeder bike, obviously).  It may be that my dislike of Return of the Jedi is clouding my perception, but I don't feel like we've missed a big chance for an Endor set yet.  I do think time is about up, though, and if the next Endor set doesn't have a new Scout Trooper helmet, that would be severely disappointing.

(Come to think of it, isn't there a Kashyyyk Clone Scout Trooper using the 2014 mold in one of the "recycled" Revenge of the Sith sets this January?  That's pretty lazy.  On the other hand, it's probably a blessing for Prequel army builders who hardly get any relevant sets anymore).

The real question, and example of laziness and/or indifferent economizing, is: Why are the Imperial Royal Guards in Darth Vader's Castle still using the same torso print, plain legs, plain head, open-visor mask, and inaccurate cape style as the original figure from seventeen years ago??  

There is a comparison picture of the profile shots of the new and old Stormtrooper. The back of the new one’s mouth piece cuts off rather abruptly before it touches the torso, which the older one did not have. That one looked a lot more finished and proper from the side.

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

A bit off topic, but was the flipping face-plate canon until Rebels?  I only remember it from those last few episodes toward the end of season four.  

I actually decided that I quite like the new Stormtrooper mold, but I would hope that very few AFOLs will be suckered into the idea of starting another trooper collection.  The joke is on TLG, not you!  :hmpf_bad:

I don't think the new Stormtrooper dual-mold was made in favor of the Scout Trooper.  Other than Rebels sets, which have been quite few and far between, the only real set for a Scout Trooper would be a battle pack or an Endor playset (most likely with a shield bunker and/or speeder bike, obviously).  It may be that my dislike of Return of the Jedi is clouding my perception, but I don't feel like we've missed a big chance for an Endor set yet.  I do think time is about up, though, and if the next Endor set doesn't have a new Scout Trooper helmet, that would be severely disappointing.

(Come to think of it, isn't there a Kashyyyk Clone Scout Trooper using the 2014 mold in one of the "recycled" Revenge of the Sith sets this January?  That's pretty lazy.  On the other hand, it's probably a blessing for Prequel army builders who hardly get any relevant sets anymore).

The real question, and example of laziness and/or indifferent economizing, is: Why are the Imperial Royal Guards in Darth Vader's Castle still using the same torso print, plain legs, plain head, open-visor mask, and inaccurate cape style as the original figure from seventeen years ago??  

The face flipping feature was always around. I believe you can even see it in a scene in ROTJ. An issue on set was the actors taking their helmets on and off between takes, which would wast time trying to adjust them when they put them back on. So George and the costume designers wanted it to have a flip up feature to let acts breath between takes.

Edited by TheGeneralMoe