Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 10/28/2018 at 7:26 PM, Richpepperell said:
2 hours ago, Tidy said:

Dewback - wtf … c’mon. reminds me of brick built horses from the late 70’s early 80’s …

Yeah must say I’m baffled by the decision to produce a brick built Dewback - the existing mould would’ve been far more appealing to any age group imo.

With these sets overall though, I suppose Lego sees a rare opportunity to focus on its youngest market with the absence of any current SW film, so while some of its a little underwhelming, it does make some sense.

40 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

so there will be no bigger set in this wave?

Generally the more expensive/larger sets (other than UCS) are released in the summer wave. Winter wave is pretty much always cheaper sets or less than $100. Then the fall wave for Episode IX will be more of a full wave with a wider range of prices.

59 minutes ago, Anak said:

Dear All! Do not judge the sets based on preliminary images. In a week or two I'm sure we will get the official pictures. Eventually these sets will be released two months from now. Patience.

Do we know if these sets will be released January 1? I believe that when TLM came out, lego was shifting focus on TLM wave and star wars was pushed to april. Could happen again.

I think they are holding the suprises for the April 20th anniversary wave for us collectors. Just wait a little longer I bet there is going to be some cool sets like a Lars' Homestead or a Tantive IV or a UCS Star Destroyer. This is just a passable appetizer. 

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, Brickweiser said:

Do we know if these sets will be released January 1? I believe that when TLM came out, lego was shifting focus on TLM wave and star wars was pushed to april. Could happen again.

I'm pretty sure these are late Dec, early Jan releases. Look at the list, just the small stuff, accompanied with only two medium sized sets. The 1HY bigger sets will be released in Apr, May.

Edited by Anak

5 hours ago, Anak said:

Dear All! Do not judge the sets based on preliminary images. In a week or two I'm sure we will get the official pictures. Eventually these sets will be released two months from now. Patience.

Good point. I hope we can get them soon!

4 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

Good point. I hope we can get them soon!

Sure I will as well, but I have the feeling that I will not change my feeling that this will be the worst SW wave ever.

Having a Dewback mold defeats the purpose of Lego AND Microfighters though. The point of Microfighters is to be chibi counterparts

9 hours ago, Supersonic said:

The same thing that happens almost every year: People are drastically misjudging the market share AFOLs possess, and expect TLG's product strategy to follow their personal wishlist.

Say it again for the people in the back 

10 hours ago, Supersonic said:

The same thing that happens almost every year: People are drastically misjudging the market share AFOLs possess, and expect TLG's product strategy to follow their personal wishlist. I mean, the 4+ sets are obviously meant for children, which makes perfect sense given that the normal X-Wing has gotten so expensive many kids won't be able to afford one. Throw in popular minifigs you otherwise wouldn't have a set for and the idea actually looks pretty great.

I'm guessing the AT-AP and Droid Gunship are more popular than people are giving them credit for. The combination of Jedi, clones and droids has always appealed to several different demographics. I also see no problems with the At-AP being largely identical to the 2014 version because that one was absolutely phenomenal.

I do agree with you of course, and I'm one of them that can easily forget that, but and there is most often a but, is still the lack of sense of just slightly upgrade sets that was just up on the shelves two years ago. If it would be the case that they sold so well, and lego only care about making money, why not safe more and just re-release the exact same sets again? It's not like lego has never done that before anyway. 

Will we be getting the customary four battle packs this year?

If so is there any rumors on what’s next.

12 hours ago, RODDY said:

I think they are holding the suprises for the April 20th anniversary wave for us collectors.

April 20th? Where did that date come from?

The first LSW sets were out at the late Feb/early March, and the sets from TPM came out at 00:01 May 3rd 1999 (Toys "R" Us Midnight Madness).

Edited by LEGOscum

7 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

April 20th? Where did that date come from?

The first LSW sets were out at the late Feb/early March, and the sets from TPM came out at 00:01 May 3rd 1999 (Toys "R" Us Midnight Madness).

He doesn’t mean April 20th. It’s the 20th anniversary wave, in April. April has been the rumor for that for a long time now. But the “20th” referred to “anniversary” not “April”. The phrasing was just kinda wonky

Kind of silly they're recreating the Droid Gunship and AT-DP for the 3rd time. I just don't think they're iconic enough to keep redoing.

They should've given us an AAT or AT-RT if they wanted to throw in some more Clone Wars stuff!

Somebody I know has shown me one of the Inferno Squad agents. Looking at a promotional image of Iden, Meeko and Hask, it looks most like Hask with the 'belt' across his chest piece. It's a pretty nice figure. Eyepieces on the helmet are quite a vibrant red, at least from the image, and don't look all that translucent for want of a better word. No idea what the headpiece is beneath the helmet, could be angry clone, could be an individual face. Doesn't have any life support pack or hoses on the torso piece/helmet, like the Hasbro Black Series 6" figure for example does. I imagine an image of it will be out there in the open quite soon. 

Not wishing to come across as somebody with exclusive access or anything, just reporting on what I have seen. Hopefully everyone else will have seen it before long. 

25 minutes ago, Renown said:

Not wishing to come across as somebody with exclusive access or anything, just reporting on what I have seen. Hopefully everyone else will have seen it before long. 

Don't worry, those images have been up for days.  Anyone following this thread closely has already seen them.

Just now, lego the hutt said:

Don't worry, those images have been up for days.  Anyone following this thread closely has already seen them.

This was an image of one of the individual figures, rather than the blurred, preliminary images that leaked a few days ago. 

13 hours ago, Renown said:

This was an image of one of the individual figures, rather than the blurred, preliminary images that leaked a few days ago. 

Can you share? (not in public ofc..)

That build in the Bp looks quite bad though..

In another topic, what is that build in the praetorian pack supposed to be? A throne room detail?

5 hours ago, brobert said:

Can you share? (not in public ofc..)

That build in the Bp looks quite bad though..

In another topic, what is that build in the praetorian pack supposed to be? A throne room detail?

Yes

7 hours ago, brobert said:

It's a training area with spinning bits and weapons stands. You know the usual Lego training dojo type thing.

Came across the Inferno Squad Agent as well. Looks like at least one of them will have its own specific head (Hask)

3 minutes ago, Legliss said:

Came across the Inferno Squad Agent as well. Looks like at least one of them will have its own specific head (Hask)

Haven't played BFII for ages, but aren't there only 3 members of inferno squad? If so who might the fourth figure be? Also hoping we get different torsos for them all. That agent minifigure looks amazing!

26 minutes ago, Legliss said:

Sounds like the same figure I tried to describe yesterday, hopefully now everyone can see what I meant. :grin:

7 minutes ago, Renown said:

Sounds like the same figure I tried to describe yesterday, hopefully now everyone can see what I meant. :grin:

oh it is. just from a different place.