Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Disappointed at the lack of printing on the Fleet Trooper legs. They go to all that effort with the body, but can't be bothered to just do a little bit of pocket work?  It actually makes the figure as a whole look oddly unbalanced.

Not everything needs leg printing, the Fleet Troopers has plain trousers in the movies, they don’t need any printing

1 hour ago, jonnypanic2000 said:

Disappointed at the lack of printing on the Fleet Trooper legs. They go to all that effort with the body, but can't be bothered to just do a little bit of pocket work?  It actually makes the figure as a whole look oddly unbalanced.

You can use the pants from the Imperial crew, I use them on the current version for this. :wink:

Edited by Cyberfounder

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Not everything needs leg printing, the Fleet Troopers has plain trousers in the movies, they don’t need any printing

Except they do have cargo style trousers with pouches. I agree it looks half complete as a figure and wouldn't have been difficult for Lego to throw a pair of grey imperial crew legs on them as it's a print they use now.

13 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

<snip>

Wow, I guess you learn something new every day. I thought it was just Lego, I didn’t even notice it in the movie

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Wow, I guess you learn something new every day. I thought it was just Lego, I didn’t even notice it in the movie

reason 982 rian johnson screwed up ... the new phasma, the executioner, the new pointed mouth helmets ... so stupid ... they are out of place in any army ... other than ego, there was no practical reason for him to change the helmets ... 

5 hours ago, jonnypanic2000 said:

5 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

3 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

You can use the pants from the Imperial crew, I use them on the current version for this. :wink:

LEGO TANTIVE IV CREW PHOTO

Exactly. Now get me some updated torsos!

Edited by Robianco

13 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

<snip>

I don’t know where you found that but it’s incredibly useful, thank you :classic:

The new nose line is definitely an improvement to me. 

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote photos.

3 hours ago, Tidy said:

reason 982 rian johnson screwed up ... the new phasma, the executioner, the new pointed mouth helmets ... so stupid ... they are out of place in any army ... other than ego, there was no practical reason for him to change the helmets ... 

I figure it's similar to the OT, where the stormtrooper helmets constantly change between movies. Even in ANH, some stormtroopers have longer "mouths" than other ones, which became the standard afterwards. My headcanon for the helmet differences is that some stormtroopers have been in service longer than others, and the helmets came from different production lines so depending on how recently you got a helmet, you get a different one. (Also a good excuse for letting the current Lego stormtroopers co-exist with the Rebels ones)

Edited by BigGuy4U

3 hours ago, Tidy said:

Yeah, it was the director who made the decision, costume and art designers don‘t exist :sarcasm_smug:

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, it was the director who made the decision, costume and art designers don‘t exist :sarcasm_smug:

in an interview johnson actually said he made the decision. so i'm sure you know where you can put your sarcasm.

39 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I figure it's similar to the OT, where the stormtrooper helmets constantly change between movies. Even in ANH, some stormtroopers have longer "mouths" than other ones, which became the standard afterwards. My headcanon for the helmet differences is that some stormtroopers have been in service longer than others, and the helmets came from different production lines so depending on how recently you got a helmet, you get a different one. (Also a good excuse for letting the current Lego stormtroopers co-exist with the Rebels ones)

i could get behind this theory if there had been time gaps between the 2 movies ... 

36 minutes ago, Tidy said:

in an interview johnson actually said he made the decision. so i'm sure you know where you can put your sarcasm.

i could get behind this theory if there had been time gaps between the 2 movies ... 

There wasn't a time jump in ANH and there were multiple types of helmets in just that film

As much as I’m sure the mods would love the fact that we’re talking about films and not legos, we should probably reign it in, or face their wrath. I simply wasn’t aware that they changed the helmets for TLJ but it makes me very happy that lego pays attention to that much detail. Now I really want to try and snag some of those FO battle packs before they’re gone so I can have some TLJ accurate Stormies

Regarding the different helmets in a single movie...do you really think an army numbering millions and millions of soldiers is able to equip each soldier with identical items? And all that in a matter of some weeks? And even if they could, why should they? Those helmets ain't gonna explode. It's like in real life.

11 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Regarding the different helmets in a single movie...do you really think an army numbering millions and millions of soldiers is able to equip each soldier with identical items? And all that in a matter of some weeks? And even if they could, why should they? Those helmets ain't gonna explode. It's like in real life.

AS @Balrogofmorgoth stated. This is not the place to discuss costume opinions. Please stay on target.

Just now, MKJoshA said:

AS @Balrogofmorgoth stated. This is not the place to discuss costume opinions. Please stay on target.

With all due respect, there are loads of posts regarding those helmets. I'm the one to make a statement to finally end this stupid, unnerving discussion and i get scolded?

Man these ANH figures look great, definetly gonna get a hold of them. 

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

With all due respect, there are loads of posts regarding those helmets. I'm the one to make a statement to finally end this stupid, unnerving discussion and i get scolded?

Nah, you just happened to be the last post before MKJoshA showed up. Don't think too much of it.

The fleet troopers don't need printed legs, per se, but it does look a bit weird to me to have a really detailed torso and then plain pants, particularly since most of the figures they're going to be around (TKs especially) have leg printing these days. When everybody had plain legs it was fine, but it would be nice of them to include the cargo pockets and have a consistent level of detail everywhere. To do it properly, though, the pockets ought to be on the sides of their legs, and that isn't common for anybody yet.

The previous Tantive IV was released for the 10th anniversary of the Star Wars line--it would certainly be fitting if they made an updated one for the 20th, but at the same time, I'd hate to set a precedent of having the same anniversary sets every time.

At this point there is no legitimate reason for them to not include printed legs on a fig. Especially at current prices.

5 hours ago, Forresto said:

At this point there is no legitimate reason for them to not include printed legs on a fig. Especially at current prices.

Oh they have a reason...saving a few pennies...or just not caring, since fans will buy anything anyway.

To be fair I've never heard of the kids complain about the lack of or the quality of printing on a figure. They normally smash them into each other or most heartbreaking of all bite on the heads or legs to pull them apart. I don't think they care about it.

Maybe it's more of a AFOL problem :sweet:

I think the "problem" between skirts and legs, could have solved in the BP with fabric skirts, so everyone would be happy

On an Instagram story, there is a photo of a little boy minifigure in red/gold clothes and at the edge of the photo is another figure. It looks like the Resistance Bomber Pilot in both the torso and helmet, but although it's blurry, the little bit of the face you can see suggests to me that the face is different. Could suggest that the Finch Dallow figure is from a bigger set with other figures not a microfighter? Just a thought ...

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

On an Instagram story, there is a photo of a little boy minifigure in red/gold clothes and at the edge of the photo is another figure. It looks like the Resistance Bomber Pilot in both the torso and helmet, but although it's blurry, the little bit of the face you can see suggests to me that the face is different. Could suggest that the Finch Dallow figure is from a bigger set with other figures not a microfighter? Just a thought ...

Could be a micro fighter twin pack though

9 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Could be a micro fighter twin pack though

It could be, but you normally get one 'good guy' and one 'bad guy' in a Microfighter dual pack ...

Edited by BacktoBricks