Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, avengers777 said:

Disney XD dropped a trailer for Star Wars All-Stars it features L3-37 & Pru Sweevant from the Force Awakens. Maybe we'll see them in physical form soon.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Pru Sweevant, he was also in the LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens video game in 2016.

Not too surprised that we're getting a new Stormtrooper helmet. With the increased molding detail we saw with the Mimban helmet it kind of felt like a matter of time before the standard helmet was updated to keep up with that level of detail. Admittedly the proportions did look a bit strange in the first leaked pic but it looks fine in all the subsequent photos. In the two most most recent ones the shape looks quite similar to the existing piece, just with more 3 dimensional depth around the goggles and chin area. I agree with the poster that prefers having a small gap between the goggles and headband, but its understandable why its not there due to the dual molding. Overall I welcome the change and hope the Scout Trooper and TIE Pilots will follow soon.

The only thing I dislike about the new Stormtroopers is that they're still using the black hip piece when they've already updated the Stormtrooper armor with hip printing on the Mimban Stormtrooper and Vader's Castle Pilot. The change is inevitably going to carry over to the standard troopers which makes this particular figure from the Death Star Escape feel incompatible for army building.

Love the new Praetorian Guard sunvisor helmet. I'm not too bothered about them using the standard legs as they do seem more accurate (the skirt would be more fitting for the Imperial Royal Guards). Just a bit disappointing the battlepack will also be reusing the lockjaw helmets from the Throne Room instead of the bucket helmets.

While I would like to see L3-37 released, her character design in All-Stars unfortunately has that look like it was made specifically for the show and not very Lego-like. Pru Sweevant looks a bit more official though and uses existing parts so hopefully he might get a physical release. We've seen more obscure characters released in the past. I saw a poster of the show on Instagram featuring a cast of new characters like the Freemaker Adventures alongside the movie ones (including a grown up Rowan?) so I'm guessing any potential All-Stars sets will primarily include them.

Maybe it's just me, but I never like figures that have a lot of printing on the hips - the gap always seems just a little too big, and it never lines up 100%.

5 hours ago, DarthHank said:

Maybe it's just me, but I never like figures that have a lot of printing on the hips - the gap always seems just a little too big, and it never lines up 100%.

The same, TLG just cant deliver on that. I rather have no hipprinting than figures that look completely misaligned. :sceptic:

A new photo of the sunvisor guard appeared on ig recently and I think I'm warming up to legs instead of skirts. But there's still the matter of consistency, like @Balrogofmorgoth said. It's gonna bug the hell out of me I think lol. Now I just hope we'll get the buckethead guard as well and some dope weapons to go with them.

I dunno about everyone else, but the new stormtrooper helmet is starting to grow on me. it has a sort of OT look to in, slightly imperfect and such. The new moulding and printing is superb, and who knows how it will look physically.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:40 PM, sn0wmana said:

Agreed 100%, I really would rather not support them (even just using a phony account). I miss the Legoleaks subreddit/discord :/

Mate nothings gonna happen if you make a throwaway account. I doubt anything would happen if you just used a normal account

Also god that new stormtrooper looks like crap

A new minifig has leaked, it‘s a redesigned Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV style). The faceprint is new, I haven‘t checked whether the torso has been updated as well :wink:

Edit: the torso is new, it now has printed pockets. And the blaster is pearl grey 

Edited by Lego-Freak

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

A new minifig has leaked, it‘s a redesigned Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV style). The faceprint is new, I haven‘t checked whether the torso has been updated as well :wink:

Edit: the torso is new, it now has printed pockets. And the blaster is pearl grey 

Where? It's not on Instagram.

A certain elephant on flickr, which is the only source for leaks apart from IG :wink: Once the people over at IG catch wind of it, it’ll be all over the site as well :snicker:

Liking the new rebel trooper, any idea what set he's from?

Absolutely HATE the new Stormtrooper though. He looks ridiculous. It took them 13 years for them to finally look like real stormtroopers facially yet only had them available with two massive expensive sets, then they flooded the market with the exaggerated Rebels ones (I didn't mind them, just silly having two types out at the same time that were painted on the exact same helmet mould), then the 2014 movie-style stormie was *nearly* available properly in the Battlefront battle pack but those guys were all covered in battle damage so it wasn't until 2017 in the imperial battle pack that we finally were able to get them affordably more than one at a time... and now that's discontinued too. It still feels like a novelty that decent stormtroopers are finally available in a number of sets. So after all these years it took them to get the stormtrooper right, they've gone and messed it up again. I even prefer the Rebels version to this. It sort of reminds me of the awful home-made helmets that spoil the look of this fan film:

The new Alliance fleet trooper is such an upgrade, the jacket actually has depth now! It's fantastic.

If Lego really wanted to redo an old mould with dual moulding I'd honestly have chosen the Alliance fleet helmet over the stormtrooper helmet, for whilst it is fairly good not needing a second piece would be perfect.

38 minutes ago, Calanon said:

The new Alliance fleet trooper is such an upgrade, the jacket actually has depth now! It's fantastic.

If Lego really wanted to redo an old mould with dual moulding I'd honestly have chosen the Alliance fleet helmet over the stormtrooper helmet, for whilst it is fairly good not needing a second piece would be perfect.

This smells like a tantive IV 20th anniversary remake :wink:

The Rebel Trooper looks incredible, it’s been long overdue. I sincerely hope this means a new Tantive IV, I’ve missed out on the ones they’ve made so far. If it is a Tantive IV set then I really hope it also includes Captain Antilles, and maybe another opportunity for Leia with the skirt piece? 

Also, do we k ow what minifigure will be included in that character encyclopedia yet? Or am I behind the times on that? I’m pretty sure it’s still a mystery...any guesses?

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

So excited for Tantive iV - don’t own any of the previous models so can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Disapponted not to see any detailing below the waist on the trooper tho :/

Just now, ThousandMoon said:

So excited for Tantive iV - don’t own any of the previous models so can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Disapponted not to see any detailing below the waist on the trooper tho :/

For the record, Tantive IV is neither confirmed nor even rumored. The minifig just makes us all wonder...

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Third Praetorian Guard helmet leaked! Instgram.

Where on IG please? ?

Loving the new Rebel trooper and they have a double sided face.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Third Praetorian Guard helmet leaked! Instgram.

What a beautiful sight. I can’t believe they actually put all three different guards in one battle pack.

16 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Where on IG please? ?

Loving the new Rebel trooper and they have a double sided face.

Paul_Seeley4.

This is officially the best year for battle packs! Praetorian Guard Battle Pack with 3 different helmets and Inferno Squad Battle Pack, the only Battlefornt 2 set.

I can't seem to find the latest Praetorian pics on Instagram, even on the mentioned account.

Edit: found it

Edited by Richpepperell
Learnt how to use Instagram properly.