Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The new Praetorian Guards are on eBay but please don’t spend that much on one figure when in a short time you can get the whole battle pack for the same price

Are there actually pictures of Inferno Squad out there? Haven’t seen any but heard there were.

There‘s now a better pic of the new guards on IG, which also includes one with the previously available helmet. This type now also has legs though, so I think all three of them do. Well, I hope the third one has the last remaining helmet, because if it does, you’d only have to buy two BPs in order to complete the roster :thumbup: The helmet in the Throne Room set is worn by four guards if I’m not mistaken, so maybe the legs and skirts serve to differentiate between the two teams of guards? (Even though they don’t differ in that regard in the movie)

7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

What I think is dumb is that they didn’t give them black legs with red lower prints (dual molding is out the window) and then red fabric skirts.

That would look great - you could use the Katana (DBG) or Spiderman (Dark Blue) legs instead of you wanted to - black with red dual-mould boots would’ve been cool tho, alas...

Having seen a second figure I’d be suprised if any skirt pieces are included - will give Lego benefit of the doubt that it’s a decision based on playability ?

11 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Not only is everyone going to buy them, but they were also complaining about them being skirts instead of legs two months ago. Not only does LEGO lack logic and continuity, but so do the LEGO fans. We are a chip off the ol' block.  

I would like to offer you a free minifig for telling everyone what's up.

4 hours ago, Forresto said:

Are there actually pictures of Inferno Squad out there? Haven’t seen any but heard there were.

No official pics that I know of. A custom Iden Versio has just turned up on eBay so that might be the source of the confusion, although the listing clearly states it'a a custom.

Edited by BacktoBricks

10 hours ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

As an animator i am quite pleased with the movable legs. Makes them the mobile and fluid troops they are. Both options are fine, considering how lego does Jedi robes as well.

Yeah very good point. Also think as a battle pack, the ability to pose the legs will be important for kids. 

for what it is worth ...

an image surfaced in the same place of 2 praetorians ... the new helmet, the old helmet [both with legs], plus the pointy mouth stormie ... my thought is 2 old helmets, 1 new helmet, and a stupid pointy mouth stormie is what this battle pack will be ... i have heard that there is not a speeder, but rather some kind of circular builds ... /shrug /passthesalt ...

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:
6 hours ago, Forresto said:

No official pics that I know of. A custom Iden Versio has just turned up on eBay so that might be the source of the confusion, although the listing clearly states it'a a custom.

plenty of decent customs - even a purist - floating around ... 

pretty sure the 2 people who said it was on facebook but refused to provide more detail were trolls though ... 

We really need to come up with names for the helmet types :tongue: I’ll call the one we got this year type C, the one we haven’t seen yet type A and the one from the Constraction fig type B.

I really hope we don‘t get two helmets of type C in the BP, because then we‘d have all four 4 of type but only one of type B and none of type A. As explained above, my preference would be one each so that you‘d get the complete roster with just 1x Throne Room and 2x BP :thumbup: 

Besides, if they omit type A in the BP, when would it ever see the light of day? I can‘t see them releasing a second BP like that (maybe in 2024 :tongue:) and other set opportunities are slim to non-existent :snicker:

yes, the ideal is one of each in the battle pack ... but when have they actually done the ideal ... as one of my friends said, the design team at lego is probably reading these threads and pointing and laughing because they do the exact opposite of what 'we' want ...

i'm still sticking to my guns about it being two of 'c' and 1 of 'b' ... 

I'd rather have one of B and two of A so buying two sets and adding them to the throne room it would make the canonical eight but yeah that's not happening

I made a scheme, covering frame to frame the scene of the fight ... and I also put the weapons (they should be right!)

praetorianguard.jpg

there's something amiss ... 1 helmet variety is 4 each, and the other 2 are 2 ea ... not 3 and 3 ... second from left should be the same as second from right ...

I've always thought there's 4 "buckets" and two each of "lockjaws" and "sunvisors", my bad

@legostark could you upload that pic somewhere in higher quality?

Edited by Archangelo

7 minutes ago, Archangelo said:

I've always thought there's 4 "buckets" and two each of "lockjaws" and "sunvisors", my bad

@legostark could you upload that pic somewhere in higher quality?

Yes, of course https://imgur.com/a/6leUGT6

ps. I was very careful to check, but obviously I may have been wrong

Edited by legostark

Aw damn, I thought I'd be able to see their helmets better, but the "buckets" and "lockjaws" are indistinguishable from this distance :tongue: Thanks though!

9 minutes ago, Archangelo said:

Aw damn, I thought I'd be able to see their helmets better, but the "buckets" and "lockjaws" are indistinguishable from this distance :tongue: Thanks though!

In this clip you can see both of the chain whip guards between 1.55 and 2.10 min  and they have different helmets.

Spoiler

Edited by Cyberfounder

Disney XD dropped a trailer for Star Wars All-Stars it features L3-37 & Pru Sweevant from the Force Awakens. Maybe we'll see them in physical form soon.

Edited by avengers777

Actually, I’ve come to the conclusion that the Guards having legs doesn’t bother me. It really makes a lot more sense than the skirt pieces because it mimicks the fluidity of their motion from the film much better than the skirt pieces. What bothers me is that now it's inconsistent with both versions. I have the ones with the skirt pieces and they look amazing (I love that new skirt piece so much) but now there are these new ones with legs that also look great and kinda make more sense but the inconsistency bothers me. Honestly, we’re very lucky to get two new helmet molds plus new shoulder molds just for these figures in the first place so I’m very happy with all of them

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Actually, I’ve come to the conclusion that the Guards having legs doesn’t bother me. It really makes a lot more sense than the skirt pieces because it mimicks the fluidity of their motion from the film much better than the skirt pieces. What bothers me is that now it's inconsistent with both versions. I have the ones with the skirt pieces and they look amazing (I love that new skirt piece so much) but now there are these new ones with legs that also look great and kinda make more sense but the inconsistency bothers me. Honestly, we’re very lucky to get two new helmet molds plus new shoulder molds just for these figures in the first place so I’m very happy with all of them

What are you doing? What's with the positivity? I'm trying to complain here, damn it! :tongue:

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree with you, however, I don't have the throne room set yet (I am going to get it soon though). All I care about is the fact there's an easier way to get the guards!

2 hours ago, avengers777 said:

Disney XD dropped a trailer for Star Wars All-Stars it features L3-37 & Pru Sweevant from the Force Awakens. Maybe we'll see them in physical form soon.

Who is the character they introduce before Rodger?

35 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I agree with you, however, I don't have the throne room set yet (I am going to get it soon though). All I care about is the fact there's an easier way to get the guards!

I wasn’t going to get the throne room set but I really liked the idea of the symmetry of having the throne room style set from each trilogy. Palpatine’s Arrest, Death Star Final Duel, and Snoke’s Throne Room.

15 minutes ago, Chill said:

Who is the character they introduce before Rodger?

Graballa the Hutt, Jabba's cousin from the Freemaker's.