Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

22 hours ago, sn0wmana said:

Agreed 100%, I really would rather not support them (even just using a phony account). I miss the Legoleaks subreddit/discord :/

Both places shut down due to people bringing their megaphone out to advertise the place. That and we used to get alot of death threats and hate for moderating.

46 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Both places shut down due to people bringing their megaphone out to advertise the place. That and we used to get alot of death threats and hate for moderating.

I understand that and it's unfortunate; the balance between directing those interested to said places while also keeping them from being a problem in the eyes of Lego is tough. I was unaware of the mod harassment...that sucks. (BTW, I only name-dropped them now since they're gone). I can only hope that TLG loosens up a bit and at the very least the current avenues don't somehow get shut down as well.

3 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Theres a Youtube video with a picture of the front and back, that one looked ugly. But there is a listing on eBay for the new stormtrooper and it looks a lot better, with more pictures.

I can send you a link if you want.

Yes please!!

5 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

Good point. Three things though: 1) there’s a Stormie in the set, why don’t they just use him as the pilot for the vehicle? 2) the vehicle is made up anyway, why not design it in a way that doesn’t require the pilot to sit? 3) how about a SW BP that doesn’t include a pointless vehicle :tongue:

Most of the time, the BP vehicles are at least somewhat sensible (by drawing inspiration from existing vehicles or by being based on unused concept art, like the speeder in the FO speeder BP from 2017), but this one sounds incredibly pointless :laugh: Maybe we’ll all be surprised, but I kinda doubt it.

Edited by Lego-Freak

If the Praetorian Guards have legs and not the skirt piece I will be genuinely disappointed. But at least we have the throne room set so I suppose I can’t complain too much

one of the the full praetorian guards is leaked.

it has the helmet like the buildable praetorian - the graduation cap style ... definitely has legs, not a skirt ...

yes it is on instagram ... no you don't need an account to browse ... no they won't steal your soul going there ... 

Edited by Tidy

41 minutes ago, Tidy said:

one of the the full praetorian guards is leaked.

it has the helmet like the buildable praetorian - the graduation cap style ... definitely has legs, not a skirt ...

yes it is on instagram ... no you don't need an account to browse ... no they won't steal your soul going there ... 

Lol :)

I find some of Lego's decisions in terms of new moulds, prints etc very strange; I don't understand why they would make that piece in red, print it, then only months later switch to the legs. I don't believe it is to do with play, as the guards don't sit. Barriss Offee came in a BP with a skirt piece after all as the Clone could sit on the speeder. Don't get me wrong, it's good kids can get guards cheaper, but for those who are trying to make the full guard it makes it very awkward.

You could put the old helmet on some new guards with legs, but if you prefer the skirt buying extra skirts/throne room sets to mix with the new helmet is going to be expensive. Either way, if you want continuity, multiple sets / purchases are required... 

Just now, Archangelo said:

I hope to God this isn't legit and they'll have skirt pieces...

i have no reason to lead you astray ...

Just now, Spongebob456 said:

Let's be honest, all of you complaining about them will buy the BP anyway, if not 2 or 3 of them. 

^^^ this.

drop the mic.

Edited by Tidy

We don’t know how many of each type we’ll get, so there’s still some chance that at least one of them has a skirt :wink: Besides, weren‘t people initially unhappy about the skirts and would have preferred legs? :grin:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Besides, weren‘t people initially unhappy about the skirts and would have preferred legs? :grin:

Some certainly were, not me though. But if Lego went with the skirts why switch to legs now?

Keep that part of it exclusive to that set. They did it with Saruman in the Orthanc set when they included him and Gandalf in the Wizard Battle set. Orthanc had printed skirt piece and WB had plain white legs.

7 minutes ago, Spongebob456 said:

Maybe cheaper than the skirt piece? Not sure. I guess for a BP perhaps legs make posing and playing easier?

Would have been cheaper to just not make the red printed skirt piece in the first place ... people would have still wanted the guards, legs or skirt. Lego works in mysterious ways ?

5 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Keep that part of it exclusive to that set. They did it with Saruman in the Orthanc set when they included him and Gandalf in the Wizard Battle set. Orthanc had printed skirt piece and WB had plain white legs.

Aaand that's how they're going to make people still buy the throne room when the BP is out I guess. Goddamn it.

Just now, Archangelo said:

Aaand that's how they're going to make people still buy the throne room when the BP is out I guess. Goddamn it.

^^ I was so trying not to say it ?

I think the legs look acceptable, but when you've seen the skirt piece they just don't look as regal. The skirt piece really gives the guards that extra presence I think.

6 hours ago, Spongebob456 said:

No complaints from me. Love the figure. Let's be honest, all of you complaining about them will buy the BP anyway, if not 2 or 3 of them. 

Not only is everyone going to buy them, but they were also complaining about them being skirts instead of legs two months ago. Not only does LEGO lack logic and continuity, but so do the LEGO fans. We are a chip off the ol' block.  

1 hour ago, getbusybrickin said:

Not only is everyone going to buy them, but they were also complaining about them being skirts instead of legs two months ago. Not only does LEGO lack logic and continuity, but so do the LEGO fans. We are a chip off the ol' block.  

What I think is dumb is that they didn’t give them black legs with red lower prints (dual molding is out the window) and then red fabric skirts. Stop cutting corners Lego...

As an animator i am quite pleased with the movable legs. Makes them the mobile and fluid troops they are. Both options are fine, considering how lego does Jedi robes as well.