Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Forresto said:

This is the danger of leaks and why Lego cracks down on them.

We’re judging something like a mold that is three dimensional from a single angle in a single photo that could be distorted. 

I have my reservations but I think the community, here and beyond, is reacting very strongly to something that requires far more data to evaluate.

Which is a totally valid reaction. Part of the fun are these discussions.

However i’m coming from loving the new rebel pilot helmet from the photos to seeing it in person and disliking it entirely. 

From the Insta posts and the eBay listing there's actually at least four photos now with differing angles so I'm judging it on that and it doesn't change my opinion on it. And I like the Rebel helmet from the pics and in person so I'm not anti-new moulds. 

I think Lego cracked down on leaks to stop copycat fakes getting out early not because people would judge them.

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

From the Insta posts and the eBay listing there's actually at least four photos now with differing angles so I'm judging it on that and it doesn't change my opinion on it. And I like the Rebel helmet from the pics and in person so I'm not anti-new moulds. 

I think Lego cracked down on leaks to stop copycat fakes getting out early not because people would judge them.

Is there? I’d like to see other angles.

I’ve only seen three, all showing it directly from the front and back.

Look that’s entirely fair. I was a defender of the pilot helmets up until I saw them in hand and even then they’re not bad. I plan on collecting them now as new print designs come out. However to me they’re like the Vader helmet, which looks slightly up rather then straight on. Close to perfect but a hair off, a hair bigger then they should.

My problem with the new stormie helmet was it seemed proportionally off.

These other pics make it seem to share the proportions of the Patrol Trooper which I found fairly perfect.

i suspect in hand and as we get more pics it’ll look a lot better.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

People, all you have to do is a little bit of research to find leaked images. It’s not hard.

I did try and nothing was coming up, I even tried ebay as others mentioned. Maybe some of you are just a little more savy when it comes to that.

1 hour ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

I did try and nothing was coming up, I even tried ebay as others mentioned. Maybe some of you are just a little more savy when it comes to that.

Search Lego 75234 on eBay; that will get you to Gree and the Battle Droids, then from those listing look at the seller's other items.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

People, all you have to do is a little bit of research to find leaked images. It’s not hard.

It gets considerably more difficult when people insist on only posing them on sites that require you to have an account to browse properly. At least they're not on bloody pinterest though...

12 hours ago, sn0wmana said:

Agreed 100%, I really would rather not support them (even just using a phony account). I miss the Legoleaks subreddit/discord :/

Lego keeps yelling at the Reddit admins for leaks though, sadly. so those arent coming back. I assume the same happened with discord.

Just lookup #legoleaks on instagram. Literally everything is there. I dunno if you need an account to look but if so then just make a dummy account.

Edited by Bartybum

5 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

It gets considerably more difficult when people insist on only posing them on sites that require you to have an account to browse properly. At least they're not on bloody pinterest though...

Lego keeps yelling at the Reddit admins for leaks though, sadly. so those arent coming back. I assume the same happened with discord.

I wish 4chan would go back to leaking like they used to. The site is anonymous and the leakers themselves are tech-savvy enough to make sure Lego doesn't track them down. We're almost a full month past when January images usually come out and the traffic on here isn't like it usually is  :sadnew:

13 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Anyways, back to the topic. It’s curious that they didn’t decide to reuse the Mimban Stormtrooper helmet for next year’s Stormtroopers. Is it not more or less the same helmet shape?

Im convinced it won’t be that dissimilar from the Mimban or even Patrol Trooper.

29 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Jesus dude just google it. :ugh::facepalm::wall:

And further on that note, I’ve tried to stay fairly distant with this problem, but I’ll take the bait because it’s crazy that people lack such basic self awareness.

Can people please use their brains and stop clogging these damn threads with “hurr durr can u send me a link??” If you want a link (which you can generally find on a whole array of social media and/or after a quick google search) then ask via private message instead of spamming the thread.

Good lord be considerate for one second.

Anyways, back to the topic. It’s a pity that they didn’t just modify the Mimban Stormtrooper helmet so they could use it on future waves. It’s a really nice sculpt.

Buddy boy chill out and dont get on your high horse of interweb self righteousness. Also stop clogging this thread with your whining about people asking for help. 
Thank you to those that positively chimed in or sent PM's to people asking. 

The new praetorian guard leaked from the battlepack...Well just part of it :tongue: It looks like it's going to have normal legs instead of the skirt piece

15 hours ago, manumi said:

I delete the photo, I have read the first post carefully and I think that they can not be published

Thank you for following the rules.

@everyone else, time to calm down. Please act like responsible, respectable adults. Please don't get this thread locked.

Just now, avengers777 said:

The new praetorian guard leaked from the battlepack...Well just part of it :tongue: It looks like it's going to have normal legs instead of the skirt piece

This is really dissapointing. I hope the skirt piece will be available individually on Bricklink soon.

30 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Im ok with ghat. I never saw the appeal of the skirt for characters that are supposed to be extremely maneuverable in battle.they just have robes like maul did in TPM. i don't think he needs the skirt so..

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I actually really like the new Stormtrooper helmet

I don't think they are that ugly either, but I dont see the need for a new mold/print since the previous one was pretty decent.

The new stormtrooper reminds me of the "STAR WARS Detours" stormtroopers in some way. :tongue:

14 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

The copycatters don't use the photos to make bootlegs. The photos come out because their being sold in small toy shops in China/HK and on the internet, not because cloners need crappylo-res images to make almost perfect copies. They can get their hands on the originals.

This all happens in one country - it's not hard to figure it out.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:24 PM, Robianco said:

New Stormtrooper helmet has leaked. I have to say I think it looks terrible. Looks like they've dual moulded the black into it rather than printed it. Because of that the shape looks off to me. Much prefer the current one.

Where do you see these pictures?

12 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Where do you see these pictures?

Theres a Youtube video with a picture of the front and back, that one looked ugly. But there is a listing on eBay for the new stormtrooper and it looks a lot better, with more pictures.

I can send you a link if you want.

5 hours ago, avengers777 said:
5 hours ago, avengers777 said:

Seems strange given they used the skirt piece for the throne room set - perhaps one of the guards need to be able to sit and ride whatever vehicle they cook up for them. I hope at least one of the guards in the set uses the skirt piece