Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Now why do I feel like this is a wild Lego chase ...

pm incoming. 

On 10/22/2018 at 3:07 PM, MKJoshA said:

You're thinking of Mighty-Micros. Those have the cartoonish figures. Junior sets have always had normal figures. Sometimes they are even better designed and printed than regular sets.

You may have jinxed it. :classic: 

That new Stormtrooper helmet looks like it came straight from the rebels or freemaker TV show. 

11 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

You may have jinxed it. :classic: 

That new Stormtrooper helmet looks like it came straight from the rebels or freemaker TV show. 

Yeah, not a fan. But they seem to be on a roll for re-designing helmets. Maybe this is just the new mold.

These Inferno Squad pics are very well hidden.... lol

As for the new Stormtrooper helmet... I will have to leave my final opinion until I see better pics or have one in my own hands!

4 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

These Inferno Squad pics are very well hidden.... lol

Say what? 

Have pics of the inferno squad leaked... Where?

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

Just seen a different image of the new Stormy and the helmet looks much better in this pic.

Yes, the second photo is much better, it seems like the current one with dual molded eyes. That could be a good improvement, as I've found sometimes the printing on the eyes very off and that's a very bad discovery when opening a set.

35 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Say what? 

Probably not 

some user is probably trying to troll us

45 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Say what? 

7 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Probably not 

some user is probably trying to troll us

Either that, or it was a custom. There are a ton of very good-looking inferno squad customs out there

Death Star Escape sounds interesting. Is it a playset? The detention cell block? Obi-wan vs Vader? Very intriguing 

Just now, Whovastron said:

Death Star Escape sounds interesting. Is it a playset? The detention cell block? Obi-wan vs Vader? Very intriguing 

Luke & Leia playing Tarzan.

1 hour ago, That Orange Thing said:

I have to say, when the new rebel pilot helmet first leaked I was not a fan but it has grown on me when in hand. Maybe the new stormie helmet will also be a "grower".

Yes, I believe the new helmet is a grower not a shower

Can we just post pictures somewhere other than facebook/instagram? Somewhere maybe that doesn't require you to have an account to browse properly, or somewhere that isn't notorious for misusing personal information? Its getting real frustrating that I cant see these leaks half the time because I dont want facebook selling my personal details...

Edited by Magmafrost

What is with LEGO and making new, oversized helmets? Nobody asked for them and the old ones were perfect the way they were, and tbh I think they should be spending the money on developing new parts that can actually be used for something instead of updating helmets that don’t need updating. 

New Stormtrooper helmet... great just when i though the designs would be consistent for army building. The printing is great and all, but the look. The deign might grow on my, it has this slightly goofy look that reminds me of the imperfections of early stormtrooper figures.

11 minutes ago, That Orange Thing said:

I have to agree that this is a wasted mould given the scout trooper helmet is really dated and in need of an update.

No, they just made a new mold for the scout trooper helmet in 2014. It's only been used for clone scouts so far because they haven't released any sets with Imperial scout troopers since 2013, but I'm certain they'll use the same piece whenever we get another Imperial biker.

I like the new Leia facial expressions, very fitting. I wish they'd figure something out for the legs, it looks so plain with that detailed torso print. I kind of wish they'd just cut to the chase and use the new dress piece.

I actually like the new Stormtrooper helmet. Maybe a little bit overscaled, but most things in Lego are, so I can live with that pretty easily.

I'm actually excited for this upcoming wave, I stopped buying Star Wars a while back and I can honestly say these sets sound enticing enough that I might buy a few.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

No, they just made a new mold for the scout trooper helmet in 2014. It's only been used for clone scouts so far because they haven't released any sets with Imperial scout troopers since 2013, but I'm certain they'll use the same piece whenever we get another Imperial biker.

The design is similar, but noticeably different from the RotJ biker scout helmet. I really doubt LEGO would use the clone scout helmet for OT scout troopers; it would not go over well if they did.

9 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Now why do I feel like this is a wild Lego chase ?

You missed an opportunity there - "LEGOose chase" is what you meant to type. #dadjokeforthewin