Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Tidy said:

a. juniors is no longer in existence ...

b. the death star escape set is not a 4+ set ...

My mistake, a couple of people have referred to it as such so I assumed it was one.

Just now, Tariq j said:

My mistake, a couple of people have referred to it as such so I assumed it was one.

that's why i wanted to clarify it ... people latched on to it a while back and can't seem to let it go ...

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

That would be me. ?

I just don't understand why they would feel the need to change it. The new helmets I can understand; the old one did a good job for 20 years, but the dual moulded visor looks good and is a bonus. But there are many other moulds that need updating before the Stormie helmet I think. 

Ironic that when Lego decides to scrap the Junior branding that they come out with a mould that looks more Junior and cartoonified than ever. 

All the old helmets from the entire site, or just your region?  :laugh:
I don't know; I'm not a fan of this new helmet, but I don't think it's terrible.  Just feels like LEGO is trying way too hard.  Same with the Rebel pilot helmets.  If they're trying to get us to restart our minifig collections from the past 5-15 years, there should at least be an unequivocal improvement.  Just look at the Stormtrooper half-printed legs...that's pathetic, especially compared to the version from 2005, or even something like the Moroff minifigure from the Rogue One Y-Wing.

if you look at the transport pilot from vader's castle ... it uses a standard stormie body with new printed hips ... [and the extra blue] ... that right there is the change they should have done to the standard stormie ... not a new helmet ... 

Edited by Tidy

That new stormtrooper helmet just looks... off. Can’t tell if it’s the proportions or what. On the bright side the dual molding means they won’t have the misaligned printing issues that were common with the old design.

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

No problem. :) Original SVL post below:

If it comes with three minifigs then perhaps it’s not a dual microfighter but a 4+ set instead? I have no real info I’m just speculating here. There is always only 1 minifig per microfighter, 2 in a dual pack

Just seen a different image of the new Stormy and the helmet looks much better in this pic. I think there may be some lens distortion on the first photo which is making it look very off. I'm softening my stance a little on it.

11 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If it comes with three minifigs then perhaps it’s not a dual microfighter but a 4+ set instead? I have no real info I’m just speculating here. There is always only 1 minifig per microfighter, 2 in a dual pack

The set with Leia, Luke and the Stormy?

46 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Except R2 isn’t classified as a minifig :grin: The Astromech in the OT X-Wing Microfighter didn’t count either, now did he :wink: Of course it was just the head in that case, but it’s still a character

Oh Jesus that new Stormtrooper helmet is truly awful.

There are definite improvements, the printing looks incredible as does the dual molding...

However the proportions are just so off.

The crown above the black band feels like a pin head compared to how wide the bottom mouth part is.

I’m looking at my Star Wars Costumes book and no, absolutely not.

43 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Just seen a different image of the new Stormy and the helmet looks much better in this pic. I think there may be some lens distortion on the first photo which is making it look very off. I'm softening my stance a little on it.

The set with Leia, Luke and the Stormy?

WhIch one? I’ve seen two images. 

Theres the one with a stomtrooper alone, with a back and front against a greyish background. That one is the one I reacted badly too.

Then there’s another where it’s four figures. (Leia, Kashyyk Trooper, Luke, and the new Stormtrooper).

The new mood looks incredible in that last picture I described.

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Oh Jesus that new Stormtrooper helmet is truly awful.

There are definite improvements, the printing looks incredible as does the dual molding...

However the proportions are just so off.

The crown above the black band feels like a pin head compared to how wide the bottom mouth part is.

I’m looking at my Star Wars Costumes book and no, absolutely not.

WhIch one? I’ve seen two images. 

Theres the one with a stomtrooper alone, with a back and front against a greyish background. That one is the one I reacted badly too.

Then there’s another where it’s four figures. (Leia, Kashyyk Trooper, Luke, and the new Stormtrooper).

The new mood looks incredible in that last picture I described.

The one with the four figures. It looks much better on that.

Wow that new storm trooper helmet is really nice! ( I'm also a guy that likes the new rebel pilot helmet :sweet: ) 

I have over 50 of the 2014 model and aside from the helmet mold they are identical. 

It sure is impressive seeing molds that have been used for 20 years straight being replaced, Vader, the rebel pilot helmet and now the stormtrooper. 

Edited by RetroInferno

Guy who posted stormtrooper now on his insta story has gif of 4 heads, one of whcich is TFA Kylo Ren. Perhaps Kylo vs Rey duel is really gonna happen?

Just now, LucasLucas said:

It’s real.

check FB.

you need to be more specific with 2+ billion users and 1+ million groups ...

I am so happy to finaly be able to get a Leia figure in her ANH attire and hair in a smaller set.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think I am the only one who likes new Stormtrooper helmet mould :grin:

The old one is better, but this one is nice too.

I thought it looked weird in the first picture but it looks amazing in the second one. This new mold looks much better then the rebel pilot one, i though the pilot helmet might look better in person, but I just don't like it

Edited by Brickwraith

1 hour ago, LucasLucas said:

The Lego group the big one

nice troll. 

2 hours ago, adam1210leg said:

Guy who posted stormtrooper now on his insta story has gif of 4 heads, one of whcich is TFA Kylo Ren. Perhaps Kylo vs Rey duel is really gonna happen?

Who is the guy who posted it?

1 hour ago, LucasLucas said:

The Lego group the big one

This doesn't help. 

Can't you just tell the name? 

2 hours ago, adam1210leg said:

Now why do I feel like this is a wild Lego chase ?

Edit: Found it thanks to  @Tidy It could be Kylo, but Kylo normally has the mole printed on his face. Could it be an angry Anakin?

Edited by BacktoBricks