Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

28 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Yeah I found it now thanks :sweet:

Wow! The legs aren’t even Duel molded unlike Gree (at least I think he them). Everyone seems disappointed with the AT-AP, I missed out on the last one so I’m fairly happy but I can really understand everyone’s negativity surrounding the set.

No problem! :classic:

Gree doesn't have dual molded legs. The only difference I see on the 2019 version of Gree is that strap on his leg is a different color.

Are you sure that it's actually a different color and not the lighting in the picture?  I find it hard to believe they'd change one of their pad printing layers for such an unimportant detail given how expensive the print designs are to create.  I personally think it's going to be exactly the same.  Practical, but disappointing since I already have it.

Edited by Tusserte

11 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

Yeah I found it now thanks :sweet:

Wow! The legs aren’t even Duel molded unlike Gree (at least I think he them). Everyone seems disappointed with the AT-AP, I missed out on the last one so I’m fairly happy but I can really understand everyone’s negativity surrounding the set.

Re-releases are good because people coming into lego can buy sets they saw once and people that already own the sets can save money or buy an updated version so everyone wins! Only downside is that we don't get a possibility of seeing something new :/

3 hours ago, ARIEL-1970 said:

Could someone PM the AT-AP pics? I would love to see the new unit thanks !

We don't have pics of the AT-AP yet, just the minifigures.

6 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Re-releases are good because people coming into lego can buy sets they saw once and people that already own the sets can save money or buy an updated version so everyone wins! Only downside is that we don't get a possibility of seeing something new :/

I wholeheartedly agree. The only times it doesn’t make sense to me are when it’s a remake of a fairly recent set. For example, the two Mos Eisley Cantina sets that just came out pretty much back to back. The last Droid Gunship and AT-AP was about five years ago so I don’t really see a problem with a remake although they wouldn’t be the first sets I would think that need one.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

For example, the two Mos Eisley Cantina sets that just came out pretty much back to back.

The last Cantina before this year came out in 2014, how is that back to back?

On 10/21/2018 at 1:39 AM, That Orange Thing said:

The Leia looks like a regular printed figure and not the more cartoon like figure you could find in the junior sets. Looks like I can hold off buying the expensive Death Star version now. 

You're thinking of Mighty-Micros. Those have the cartoonish figures. Junior sets have always had normal figures. Sometimes they are even better designed and printed than regular sets.

2 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

The last Cantina before this year came out in 2014, how is that back to back?

I thought it was more recent than that, my bad. It still felt really soon and it was a massive downgrade so it felt useless. The only thing it had going for it was Wuher, plus it was a cheaper way to get that version of Han without getting the Death Star. 2014 was a very good lego Star Wars year, it’s just odd to me that they’re remaking a bunch of the sets from that year when they’re really the last ones that need a remake. I don’t mind all that much, it just doesn’t make much sense

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I thought it was more recent than that, my bad. It still felt really soon and it was a massive downgrade so it felt useless. The only thing it had going for it was Wuher, plus it was a cheaper way to get that version of Han without getting the Death Star.

For those that couldn't get the 2014 cantina, this one is a good starting point at a more affordable price, given also that location-based sets in Star Wars theme are still somewhat rare. Unfortunately the new brick-built Dewback won't be the best addition to the set :sceptic:, although at least it will have a Sandtrooper at an affordable price, which is always welcomed.

Edited by dvogon

2 hours ago, dvogon said:

For those that couldn't get the 2014 cantina, this one is a good starting point at a more affordable price, given also that location-based sets in Star Wars theme are still somewhat rare. Unfortunately the new brick-built Dewback won't be the best addition to the set :sceptic:, although at least it will have a Sandtrooper at an affordable price, which is always welcomed.

The brick built Dewback is rumored to be a micro fighter that’s why it’s small and brick built

11 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The brick built Dewback is rumored to be a micro fighter that’s why it’s small and brick built

I apologise for not being up to date, but may I ask where this came from?

7 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

I apologise for not being up to date, but may I ask where this came from?

Sir von Lego, who has a reputation as one of the more reliable leakers.

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Sir von Lego, who has a reputation as one of the more reliable leakers.

Thank you! :laugh:

45 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

Thank you! :laugh:

No problem. :) Original SVL post below:

On 10/12/2018 at 10:41 PM, Sir von Lego said:

Escape pod and dewback: brick built dewback, small SMALL pod, R2, C-3PO and a sandtrooper 

Edited by BacktoBricks

New Stormtrooper helmet has leaked. I have to say I think it looks terrible. Looks like they've dual moulded the black into it rather than printed it. Because of that the shape looks off to me. Much prefer the current one.

Looks like a new dual-moulded Stormie helmet mould is on the horizon.

Looks decent but would’ve preferred some better printing around the hips tbh.

3 minutes ago, Robianco said:

New Stormtrooper helmet has leaked. I have to say I think it looks terrible. Looks like they've dual moulded the black into it rather than printed it. Because of that the shape looks off to me. Much prefer the current one.

What is that! It's hideous ... looks like a fake knock off. Please tell me not all the stormtroopers are going that way. I was excited for a cheap Sandtrooper, but if it uses this new mold then I'll have to get an old one.

Edited by BacktoBricks

in unrelated news, someone just bought all 'old' stormtrooper helmets of bricklink ...

We'll find out soon enough just how common it will be. Same as any new Pilots and whether they use the dual moulded helmet

The current one is far superior to this Juniors one. You can sort of see what Lego was going for but It looks like it’s been deformed as a result of being heated or something. 

a. juniors is no longer in existence ...

b. the death star escape set is not a 4+ set ...

6 minutes ago, Tidy said:

in unrelated news, someone just bought all 'old' stormtrooper helmets of bricklink ...

That would be me. ?

I just don't understand why they would feel the need to change it. The new helmets I can understand; the old one did a good job for 20 years, but the dual moulded visor looks good and is a bonus. But there are many other moulds that need updating before the Stormie helmet I think. 

Ironic that when Lego decides to scrap the Junior branding that they come out with a mould that looks more Junior and cartoonified than ever. 

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

That would be me. ?

i may or may not have depleted the north american stock myself ...