Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

18 minutes ago, Tidy said:

why is it a shame? it isn't like they're taking up a precious spot in a major lineup ...

do you forget that there are many polybag ships every year? in 2018 there have been 3 ... were those a shame? what about 2017? maybe the 3 in 2016 were a shame ... 

It's a shame, as the figure of speech to signify that I'm disappointed that they get released AS polybags, whereas -to me personally- it would be preferable if they decided to release them as larger scale..sheesh, take it easy ey?

36 minutes ago, brobert said:

I'm disappointed that they get released AS polybags, whereas -to me personally- it would be preferable if they decided to release them as larger scale

currently there are 14 set numbers with absolutely zero info 

and additionally, 5 sets with conf code names

don’t jump the gun and assume those polys don’t have a corresponding ‘big brother’ ...

a cursory look back at the majority of little ship polys, they actually do have a corresponding big brother. i wouldn’t be surprised if the tradition continues ...  your shame may turn to joy ... 

This thread has been off topic for 2 pages now. Please reign it in everyone. You all are entitled to your opinions. But this thread is for sharing opinions about 2019 sets. Not how you personally feel about re-leases, AT-DP engineering, or whether polybags should be a thing. You can discuss those things in the general Star Wars thread or the Future Sets thread.

55 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

, AT-DP engineering, 

AT-PT* ;) see... is that irrelevant.

So, any other confirmations about the classic luke pilot minifig included in that set, is it going to be an ACTUAL re release piece by piece of the original X wing??? or is it going to be something else entirely, cause it cant be a new OT x wing, we just got that. this 20 anniversary sets are such a mystery 

it is my understanding that the 'free' classic minifigs are coming with the 20th anniversary sets released in/around april, not the january wave of small sets that includes an AT-AP ... 

classic luke is in a 20th anniversary set, not necessarily an x-wing, as these classic figs are just a bonus freebie, don't think of them as integral to the set like a normal minifig, for instance the anakin podracer 20th anniversary set may have a 20 year old luke minifig ... does that make sense ???...

16 hours ago, scorchfire said:

NO CODY PHASE 2!!! arguably the most important and noticeable clone in the films and the only one with a name said onscreen at the time  (not counting clone wars) and we still have none. but yeah, is the at ap even a popular walker??? would rather have a properly made At RT

Odd Ball's name is also said on-screen in Revenge of the Sith, and we don't have a figure of him, either.... They handled all of that super weirdly. They made shock troopers, Star Corps troopers, the AT-RT driver, clone pilots, Kashyyyk scouts, and 442nd Siege Bat troopers in the first wave after RotS, none of which had more than a couple of seconds of screen time (if that--the 442nd was cut from the movie entirely!), but didn't release the 212th and 501st troopers at all until 2013 when TCW absolutely forced them to (and they still haven't made a movie-style 501st).

I do like the AT-AP. I'm a sucker for all the GAR ground vehicles, so I'm never going to complain about getting one. It's a weird choice to repeat it, especially with such similar figures, but I'd rather we have a third AT-AP than a seventh snowspeeder or fifth Naboo starfighter, and those AAT driver droids are really nice; that's the most printing they've ever put on a battle droid head. I'm also curious to see the other clone. I don't think anybody's confirmed that it will be another one of the full-camo troopers from the Kashyyyk battlepack, have they? It could just as easily be an update of the Siege Battalion Troopers from 7260 Wookiee Catamaran. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have those figures in the AT-AP set, but then it didn't make any sense to have them in the Wookiee catamaran, either. One can hope.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Actually, I’m pretty sure the clone that came with the ARC-170 microfighter is Oddball even though the set doesn’t name him

It is not. Odd Ball's helmet has a prominent insignia on the right side and no giant red and yellow stripe. A different pilot who was on-screen for nine frames in RotS has the red outline, but not the yellow stripe in the middle. Images of clones with that paint scheme show up on Google with the name Odd Ball attached, but I don't know where they originate from; maybe that was intended to be him at one point but his design was changed before the movie was released? I think it's more likely that the minifigure is based on this clone, who would have appeared in one of the unfinished episodes of TCW. That episode would have been in production when the microfighter was released, so if LEGO asked for reference images of a clone pilot as they were going to be depicted on the show, that's what they'd have gotten. Come to think of it, that could be what's up with the AT-AP, too. They never appeared on TCW before, but it would make sense for the upcoming half-season of TCW to make an effort to incorporate stuff from RotS to smooth out that transition, by phasing out the V-19s and other early-war designs and replacing them with more ARC-170s and such; I don't particularly expect them to revisit Kashyyyk, so it might not explain this specific scene, but AT-APs are probably more likely to appear on-screen in the next couple of months than they have been since RotS was released.

7 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

update of the Siege Battalion Troopers from 7260 Wookiee Catamaran. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have those figures in the AT-AP set, but then it didn't make any sense to have them in the Wookiee catamaran, either. One can hope.

YES PLEASE  the green marking siege battalion clone troopers would be a great addition. OH so the classic minifigs are more like an extra, gotcha

8 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

A different pilot who was on-screen for nine frames in RotS has the red outline, but not the yellow stripe in the middle. Images of clones with that paint scheme show up on Google with the name Odd Ball attached, but I don't know where they originate from; maybe that was intended to be him at one point but his design was changed before the movie was released?

One of the pilots who quickly dies during the battle of Coruscant seems to have these red and yellow markings (03:51-03:53 on the PAL DVD). There is also a rendered promotional image of him that appears in several publications.

14 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

It is not. Odd Ball's helmet has a prominent insignia on the right side and no giant red and yellow stripe. A different pilot who was on-screen for nine frames in RotS has the red outline, but not the yellow stripe in the middle. Images of clones with that paint scheme show up on Google with the name Odd Ball attached, but I don't know where they originate from; maybe that was intended to be him at one point but his design was changed before the movie was released? I think it's more likely that the minifigure is based on this clone, who would have appeared in one of the unfinished episodes of TCW. That episode would have been in production when the microfighter was released, so if LEGO asked for reference images of a clone pilot as they were going to be depicted on the show, that's what they'd have gotten. Come to think of it, that could be what's up with the AT-AP, too. They never appeared on TCW before, but it would make sense for the upcoming half-season of TCW to make an effort to incorporate stuff from RotS to smooth out that transition, by phasing out the V-19s and other early-war designs and replacing them with more ARC-170s and such; I don't particularly expect them to revisit Kashyyyk, so it might not explain this specific scene, but AT-APs are probably more likely to appear on-screen in the next couple of months than they have been since RotS was released.

Actually, one of the unfinished arcs involves Yoda and the Bad Batch on Kashyyyk. Now, whether or not we'll get that one in the upcoming season is the real question.

On 10/17/2018 at 11:00 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

Don't forget that we get a lot of molds for alien characters and trooper helmets. Besides, there aren't that many creatures in Star Wars to mold that we haven't gotten already - the only obvious one I can think of is a Bantha 

Just watching ROTS, the Varactyl would be a nice mould.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:26 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

(and they still haven't made a movie-style 501st).

That honestly isn't a big deal, the only difference between the movie and the figures we already have are a few scratches.

The Leia looks like a regular printed figure and not the more cartoon like figure you could find in the junior sets. Looks like I can hold off buying the expensive Death Star version now. 

2 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

The Leia looks like a regular printed figure and not the more cartoon like figure you could find in the junior sets. Looks like I can hold off buying the expensive Death Star version now. 

I don't think Junior set minifigures are any more cartoonish than ones in regular sets, just a bit less detailed. Either way, nice to see these figures in cheaper sets.

Not sure what to think of the new face print. I don't mind it as an alternate scene specific version like the UCS Falcon figure, but not sure I like it enough to replace the standard face print they've been using the past couple years. The new smiley face does make her look older with the extra line details. Shame the photo doesn't show if the figure is still using plain white legs or not.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Not sure what to think of the new face print. I don't mind it as an alternate scene specific version like the UCS Falcon figure, but not sure I like it enough to replace the standard face print they've been using the past couple years. The new smiley face does make her look older with the extra line details. Shame the photo doesn't show if the figure is still using plain white legs or not.

Yes, I’m very interested to know about the legs. I’m sure we’ll know soon enough, I’m hoping this is the first of many photo leaks to come in the near future. I’m very ready to see some new figures

Update: Leia has plain white legs

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

The new Kashyyyk Trooper from the AT-AP is slightly different. Nothing crazy but, there's green printing on the inner part of the leg by the hip piece.

4 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

The new Kashyyyk Trooper from the AT-AP is slightly different. Nothing crazy but, there's green printing on the inner part of the leg by the hip piece.

Cool I guess.

Where did you see this can’t find it yet.

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

Cool I guess.

Where did you see this can’t find it yet.

The original person that posted pictures Leia on Instagram has it on his story.

Glad to see Leia has the Death Star torso, and the new face resembles Carrie Fisher (happy birthday!) much more than the previous one. Hopefully the figure isn’t too expensive because I can’t imagine a Juniors Death Star looking good enough to buy.

16 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

The original person that posted pictures Leia on Instagram has it on his story.

Yeah I found it now thanks :sweet:

Wow! The legs aren’t even Duel molded unlike Gree (at least I think he them). Everyone seems disappointed with the AT-AP, I missed out on the last one so I’m fairly happy but I can really understand everyone’s negativity surrounding the set.