Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 minutes ago, star wars geek said:

How many pieces will it be?

191pcs for 75236 ... the veracity of slave 1 for 75236 is still undetermined ... imho, too early to call the race ... i'm not doubting a 4+ slave 1 exists, i just can't for certain without a doubt, say it is 75236 ... the price and piece count etc doesn't fit withe the other 4+ sets that are more solidified ...

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

191pcs for 75236 ... the veracity of slave 1 for 75236 is still undetermined ... imho, too early to call the race ... i'm not doubting a 4+ slave 1 exists, i just can't for certain without a doubt, say it is 75236 ... the price and piece count etc doesn't fit withe the other 4+ sets that are more solidified ...

75236 is indeed 191 pieces and $19.99 US... it might be more accurate for me to state that while I am one hundred percent sure that 75236 is a Slave I, I'm not one hundred percent sure that it is, in fact, a 4+ kit; that said, the relative numbering of the other 4+ sets at similar price points seems to imply that it is one.

I have seen multiple retailers list 75236 as "confidential slave one" or some variation thereof, and I would suspect that TLG has gathered together multiple codenames for the 4+ kit. There is not a single doubt in my mind that it is anything other than an OT or PT Slave I, but it could be either a small playset that includes a tiny Slave I or either a very large and unprecedented error by several retailers. Both are unusual, so I'm excited to catch what TLG has been cooking up.

Edited by Azani

11 minutes ago, Azani said:

so I'm excited to catch what TLG has been cooking up.

amen ... i also love the thrill of the hunt ... 

12 minutes ago, Azani said:

either a very large and unprecedented error by several retailers

there's also the fact that if some retailers are correct, then other large retailers are wrong ... as 2 of the largest retailers in america are directly in conflict with one another ... "LEGO LEGO® Star Wars Slave I 75236" vs "LEGO Star Wars TM CONF_Playset_R_vs_K 75236"

15 minutes ago, Azani said:

67341930514a

isn't that a lego movie set?

16 minutes ago, Azani said:

the other 4+ sets at similar price points seems to imply that it is one

but those sets are seeing a 22-26 cents per piece pricing ... much more in line with past juniors sets ... not the 10 cents that we both know 75236 to be ...

so, back to me saying the race is too close to call at this juncture ... 

ps, nice to see you around again!

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

...so, back to me saying the race is too close to call at this juncture ... 

Check your PMs. And man, thanks; I'm glad to be back around!

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

there's also the fact that if some retailers are correct, then other large retailers are wrong ... as 2 of the largest retailers in america are directly in conflict with one another ... "LEGO LEGO® Star Wars Slave I 75236" vs "LEGO Star Wars TM CONF_Playset_R_vs_K 75236

1 hour ago, Azani said:

multiple retailers list 75236 as "confidential slave one" or some variation thereof

Well amazon.es lists 75236 as 'LEGO 75236 Juguete para ninos' or roughly translated 'LEGO 75236 Toy for children' ... so that's most of us out then. ?

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

<snip>...

so, back to me saying the race is too close to call at this juncture ... 

Check your PMs. And man, thanks; I'm glad to be back around as well!

The UPC was a typo.

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Well amazon.es lists 75236 as 'LEGO 75236 Juguete para ninos' or roughly translated 'LEGO 75236 Toy for children' ... so that's most of us out then. ?

Yeah, no, I'm not talking about Amazon.co.uk or any other EU Amazon .tld in this case.

Edited by Azani

Just now, Azani said:

Yeah, no, I'm not talking about Amazon.co.uk.

Yeah it's just interesting to see what the different countries code name it. The Amazon.co.uk page for 75236 is down for me.

Saw the set list in the other 2019 thread, very interesting that the first UCS of the year is $120 US. Glad to see its something smaller, that makes my wallet happy. My gut tells me it's probably an A-Wing at that price, but only time will tell. Can't wait to see photos of these new sets. 

I can definitely see them doing a Slave I at a $120 price point.

This would make it big, but not too big. It would still be smaller than the 2015 Millennium Falcon and be a nice scale (Unlike the one in Cloud City).

Boba, Han, Carbonite, Zuckuss, Bespin Guard, Stormtrooper?

Although, it could be reallly nice if they do Jango's.

It boggles my mind that they’re doing another AT-AP and yet we don’t have a bantha yet....

4 minutes ago, Forresto said:

It boggles my mind that they’re doing another AT-AP and yet we don’t have a bantha yet....

What is even worse is the figs that will be coming with it.... mostly all minifigs that aren't even updated... only the droids :/ unless i'm mixing this up with the gunship

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Saw the set list in the other 2019 thread, very interesting that the first UCS of the year is $120 US. Glad to see its something smaller, that makes my wallet happy. My gut tells me it's probably an A-Wing at that price, but only time will tell. Can't wait to see photos of these new sets. 

At that price point it's more than likely to be a "ucs"-style (meaning with sticker) character figure- like BB-8 or the porg IMHO...I can't imagine a 120$ proper UCS set, they are moving constantly upwards with the prices.

Pretty underwhelming according to this list though, all the most interesting sets are small...

4 hours ago, brobert said:

Pretty underwhelming according to this list though, all the most interesting sets are small...

What's bad about interesting sets for little money?

12 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Is this not just Darth Vader’s Castle?

14 hours ago, star wars geek said:

What is even worse is the figs that will be coming with it.... mostly all minifigs that aren't even updated... only the droids :/ unless i'm mixing this up with the gunship

Really? Oof.

I haven’t got a phase two Gree yet so I guess this will lower the price on the secondary market.

Still it’s utterly absurd we haven’t got an iteration of key figures like Ponda Baba or Revenge of the Sith Padme but we’ll get yet another rehash of the same figs.

10 hours ago, Forresto said:

Really? Oof.

I haven’t got a phase two Gree yet so I guess this will lower the price on the secondary market.

Still it’s utterly absurd we haven’t got an iteration of key figures like Ponda Baba or Revenge of the Sith Padme but we’ll get yet another rehash of the same figs.

NO CODY PHASE 2!!! arguably the most important and noticeable clone in the films and the only one with a name said onscreen at the time  (not counting clone wars) and we still have none. but yeah, is the at ap even a popular walker??? would rather have a properly made At RT

1 hour ago, scorchfire said:

is the at ap even a popular walker???

Until this discussion started i totally forgot there is a three-legged walker called AT-AP, because it's one of the more stupid vehicle concepts. No proud engineer would design something like that.

25 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

No proud engineer would design something like that.

No engineer worth his salt would ever design something relatively close to star wars vehicle. The ATAP isn't even that bad and the third support leg makes a lot more sense than something like the resistance bomber and it's open bombing bay.

20 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

What's bad about interesting sets for little money?

That would be nice, but unfortunately not the case.

What I meant by this, is for example the Sith infiltrator which is listed as a 10$ set, so seems to be a microfighter, although a nice update with the right minifigs would certainly appeal to me personally. I don't know what to make of these 4$ offerings, like anakin's podracer? I see the set number is different, but what does that mean? I haven't seen a LEGO costing this little, even minifig polybags sell for more.

I think $4 price points are for polybags. At least that’s what I assume them to be. No figures, just a small build in a bag.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

I think $4 price points are for polybags. At least that’s what I assume them to be. No figures, just a small build in a bag.

Well, that's the only thing I can think of too, and it's a shame that these get wasted for polybags, but it looks like they are releasing yet another few ships in larger scales, that get re-released constantly every few years...

Just now, brobert said:

Well, that's the only thing I can think of too, and it's a shame that these get wasted for polybags, but it looks like they are releasing yet another few ships in larger scales, that get re-released constantly every few years...

why is it a shame? it isn't like they're taking up a precious spot in a major lineup ...

do you forget that there are many polybag ships every year? in 2018 there have been 3 ... were those a shame? what about 2017? maybe the 3 in 2016 were a shame ...