Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Dewback, Wampa, Tauntaun, Jabba, Rancor... SW has had a few.

Yes of course, I know that, maybe I should have been more specific, what I meant is the last few years of brick build creatures, the last time we got a large molded creature or big fig for star wars is four years ago, meanwhile the other themes have continued to be given theirs. 

But we getting out of topic, I just hope that lego will change for sw, I think I have written them over 5 times the last few years, complaining every time the decide to do a brickbuild instead of a mold. 

Edited by Sneakguest

Yeah, it's about time we get new creature moulds for SW :thumbup: The Corellian Hounds were a welcomed addition, but some other recent creatures would have benefitted greatly from specific moulds *cough* Rathtars *cough*. The contents of the upcoming "great vehicle escape" (?) set are still unconfirmed, but if it is based on the Canto Bight scene as some claim, we might get a new moulded creature rather soon :classic:

Back to the topic at hand: This "new" Dewback is of course brick-built, it's a m€g@blocking Microfighter :grin: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

6 hours ago, Robianco said:

Dewback, Wampa, Tauntaun, Jabba, Rancor... SW has had a few.

The LotR line got more than that in a 2 year run...

Goblin King, Warg, Eagle, Cave Troll, Gollum, Smaug...

4 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

The LotR line got more than that in a 2 year run...

Goblin King, Warg, Eagle, Cave Troll, Gollum, Smaug...

LOTR and Hobbit was a short run theme (or two separate themes) rather than something that's been going for 20 years. Large creatures were more prominent in LOTR than they are in SW where they're more like side characters. I don't think Gollum can be included in that as it's just a small character mould, we can include things like Max Rebo, Salacious Crumb or other head moulds such as Ithorian, Bith or Trandoshan if we're going with that. I can think of several other large creatures that didn't get made from LOTR that really should have.

Most of the main characters in SW are regular minifigs. With those we have ships and locations. Lots of them. There were no 'ships' in LOTR except for the one actual ship set that nobody wanted. We have different kinds of sets for SW.

Besides the Bantha I can't think of anything OT that needs to be made with regards to a large moulded creature that hasn't already been done.

This is all from someone thinking we should have a moulded Dewback in a micro fighters set. I just don't think it's doing to happen. In fact I'm pretty sure it isn't going to happen. I don't think Lego will have 'failed' or 'missed a trick' by it being brick built.

Don't forget that we get a lot of molds for alien characters and trooper helmets. Besides, there aren't that many creatures in Star Wars to mold that we haven't gotten already - the only obvious one I can think of is a Bantha 

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

Don't forget that we get a lot of molds for alien characters and trooper helmets. Besides, there aren't that many creatures in Star Wars to mold that we haven't gotten already - the only obvious one I can think of is a Bantha 

In OT yes, and the Mynocks, otherwise the were not that many creatures in the OT, probably due to the trickiness of making them with the budget and technology of the time. But there are a lot of creature in the PT and what I can recall, no creature of the PT has of yet been turning up in lego. 

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

In OT yes, and the Mynocks, otherwise the were not that many creatures in the OT, probably due to the trickiness of making them with the budget and technology of the time. But there are a lot of creature in the PT and what I can recall, no creature of the PT has of yet been turning up in lego. 

There was the Boga in 7255 and Kaadus in 7115, but they are a bit dated now.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

There was the Boga in 7255 and Kaadus in 7115, but they are a bit dated now.

Yeah shit, you right, forgot about those, funny since I have them both, and outdates yes indeed

Edited by Sneakguest

2 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Yeah shit, you right, forgot about those, funny since I have them both, and outdates yes indeed

Haha I suppose they just seem substandard now so they just get forgotten. My sister had the kaadus when I was a kid which seems like aa...ages ago so they are due an update really although they still look fairly good.

Iden Versio has leaked along with a new Battle Droid with dark green markings on his face and a new coloured torso...

There is also a Imperial AT-AT looking Driver figure beside Iden with Aurobesh on the helmet and a dark grey cape... ?...

6 minutes ago, BP VFX said:

Iden Versio has leaked along with a new Battle Droid with dark green markings on his face and a new coloured torso...

There is also a Imperial AT-AT looking Driver figure beside Iden with Aurobesh on the helmet and a dark grey cape... ?...

what what what? where?

iirc, the inferno squad used tie pilot and at-at driver helmets vs standard stormie helmets ...

Just now, BP VFX said:

This helmet seemed to use the Mimban Helmet as the mould in Black?...

can you message a link or the pics?

I just scanned four LSW-focused groups that I belong to on Facebook, and I couldn't/haven't immediately pulled together any sign of Iden Versio there. We know that she's coming as per @Sir von Lego, but are we certain that we're not searching for a needle in a proverbial haystack?

I could continue to look later in the day, but the odds are stacked against the existence of Iden for now.

Has anyone else seen this Iden Versio anywhere? I mentioned it in a Facebook group and someone seemed to get a bit riled that I might have been making it up. Just wondered if this was genuine. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, Lego-Freak said:

I think the set number referred to the Death Star 4+ set :wink: The 4+ Slave One wasn't mentioned in SvL's post

No, there's definitely a 4+ branded Slave I coming in 1HY -  multiple retailers are starting to list it in their systems.

3 hours ago, Azani said:

No, there's definitely a 4+ branded Slave I coming in 1HY -  multiple retailers are starting to list it in their systems.

How many pieces will it be? and @Tidy if you get any photos.. Your friendly neighborhood Canadian would love to see :3 

On Another note: Canadian prices for Battle packs will be jumping up by 3 dollars which now puts them as the same value as American ones if you were to convert

Edited by star wars geek

Just now, star wars geek said:

How many pieces will it be? and @Tidy if you get any photos.. Your friendly neighborhood Canadian would love to see :3 

On Another note: Canadian prices for Battle packs will be jumping up by 3 dollars which now puts them as the same value as American ones if you were to convert

what from 16.99 to 19.99 ?

Just now, ARIEL-1970 said:

what from 16.99 to 19.99 ?

Yep.  If You need any more clarification, I will gladly provide it in PM.

Edited by star wars geek
Very bland and did not want it to constitute as spam