Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2019 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

On eBay there are two camo colored battledroids for sale as well as yet another phase 2 Commander Gree all from set 75234. From a guy who usually sells minifigs before they’re actually released

Gree looks the same as the previous one, which is a great relief. :classic:

8 hours ago, JoshSpills said:

With those minifigures it looks like the set will be based on Episode III Kashyyyk. A bit of a disappointment as we likely won't get any new characters we haven't had before ie. non-CW-eyes Ahsoka. 

I don’t know, at least those battle droids seem to be based on TCW (AAT pilots specifically) :wink:

Edit: I’ve found the picture with the other figs, which include Tarfful, so it‘s based on ROTS after all :hmpf_bad: At least Gree has dual-moulded legs now :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don’t know, at least those battle droids seem to be based on TCW (AAT pilots specifically) :wink:

Edit: I’ve found the picture with the other figs, which include Tarfful, so it‘s based on ROTS after all :hmpf_bad: At least Gree has dual-moulded legs now :thumbup:

not dual molded legs. just printed.

Just now, Tidy said:

not dual molded legs. just printed.

You‘re right, they appear to be dual-moulded but it’s olive green printing on top of black legs :hmpf_bad: That marks the second time I fell for this in the span of one week :grin:

Shame it is another Kashyyyk based AT-AP. It even has another Gree and Tarfful, and they refused to change the one thing (dual molding) that would've made Gree better. It is already the third time this figure has been released. Really liking those AAT droid pilots though, I wanted them ever since I saw Ambush 10 years ago. 

I was really hoping for a Felucia AT-AP with Bly and 327th troopers. Or a TCW version with more of TCW characters as stated by others. But at least the AAT droids are CW-exclusive characters, though it is an odd mix of figures.

49 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

Shame it is another Kashyyyk based AT-AP. It even has another Gree and Tarfful, and they refused to change the one thing (dual molding) that would've made Gree better. It is already the third time this figure has been released. Really liking those AAT droid pilots though, I wanted them ever since I saw Ambush 10 years ago. 

I was really hoping for a Felucia AT-AP with Bly and 327th troopers. Or a TCW version with more of TCW characters as stated by others. But at least the AAT droids are CW-exclusive characters, though it is an odd mix of figures.

Yeah, I was hoping for those 327th Star Corps too...

there's $60 i will not be spending!! i love when lego saves me money!

I wonder why they decided to throw TCW-inspired Battle Droids in a ROTS set... At least the camouflaged droids don't feel out of place design-wise, considering the Kashyyyk Clone Troopers are in camouflage as well. Maybe the design was originally conceived for ROTS but didn't make it into the film and was then repurposed for TCW? Happens all the time in SW :wink:

Either way, I'm not complaining, at least those are new "minifigs" (looking at you, Tarfful & Gree :hmpf_bad:). Overall, the AT-AP appears to be quite a weird set in terms of its minifigs, I mean when was the last time a set was remade that included the exact same minifigs (minus minor alterations)?

44 minutes ago, Tidy said:

It's so funny how we all want new stuff, but then breath a sigh of relief when we realise a set won't be for us. But I know exactly what you're talking about. :)

19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wonder why they decided to throw TCW-inspired Battle Droids in a ROTS set... At least the camouflaged droids don't feel out of place design-wise, considering the Kashyyyk Clone Troopers are in camouflage as well. Maybe the design was originally conceived for ROTS but didn't make it into the film and was then repurposed for TCW? Happens all the time in SW :wink:

Either way, I'm not complaining, at least those are new "minifigs" (looking at you, Tarfful & Gree :hmpf_bad:). Overall, the AT-AP appears to be quite a weird set in terms of its minifigs, I mean when was the last time a set was remade that included the exact same minifigs (minus minor alterations)?

Maybe it's another vault re-release?

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

You‘re right, they appear to be dual-moulded but it’s olive green printing on top of black legs :hmpf_bad: That marks the second time I fell for this in the span of one week :grin:

Lego have olive green and black dual-moulds in production as well, strange not to use them for Gree here :/

Edited by ThousandMoon

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It's so funny how we all want new stuff, but then breath a sigh of relief when we realise a set won't be for us. But I know exactly what you're talking about. :)

so very much ... lol ...

Quite like the look of the AAT driver droids, can remember wishing for them when I saw Season 1 of The Clone Wars 10 years ago (that has flown over when I think about it). Slightly disappointed that it is a Kashyyyk themed AT-AP, had also expected for a Clone Wars or Felucia themed one to be in the works. Interesting that the AAT drivers are in amongst the leaked figures, though, unless that indicates another set we aren't aware of yet. It has been nearly 10 years since a Clone Wars-themed AAT was released... 

6 hours ago, Tidy said:

Well in that way I agree with you, I would just not be able to buy every SW set that came out, have to prioritize other things + the space in the house is limited as well. But it irritates me that they really waste a space for a new set like this, we pretty much identical figures from a few years back, and why do they even bother to change the printing when the difference is so small (know it's not the first time considering all the Bobas, Kenobis and Solos, but still) 

Where could I find these images of Gree and the Battledroids? If someone could message me the link?

2 hours ago, Wolffex said:

Where could I find these images of Gree and the Battledroids? If someone could message me the link?

Just go on E-bay and type in LEGO with the set number. :wink:

14 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Well in that way I agree with you, I would just not be able to buy every SW set that came out, have to prioritize other things + the space in the house is limited as well. But it irritates me that they really waste a space for a new set like this, we pretty much identical figures from a few years back, and why do they even bother to change the printing when the difference is so small (know it's not the first time considering all the Bobas, Kenobis and Solos, but still) 

it's a catch 22 ... we all want all new sets but want to spend as little as possible ... and reusing 5 year old figs is kinda lame ... 

Edited by Tidy

7 minutes ago, Tidy said:

it's a catch 22 ... we all want all new sets but want to spend as little as possible ... and reusing 5 year old figs is kinda lame ... 

True, they could have updated the legs, but I'm quite happy the printing has not changed. This should mean that the rumord 501st clone battle pack will use the same style of printing as previous clone battle packs, like the 212th. I like it if they look alike. :sweet:

4 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

True, they could have updated the legs, but I'm quite happy the printing has not changed. This should mean that the rumord 501st clone battle pack will use the same style of printing as previous clone battle packs, like the 212th. I like it if they look alike. :sweet:

I agree. I dont think updating figures is always necessary. Commander Gree was a good looking figure and still is. Double molded legs arent a standard for the star wars line yet.

Having said that, if the build isnt intriguing enough on its own and the set only have reissued minifigures, it can be a detriment to the set, for sure.

Im not a prequel expert, but I cant recall seeing the AT-AP anywhere on screen during the battle of kashykk. I only saw it on felucia(?) with aayla secura. As a rule, I wish Lego would change up the setting of some sets. Lego x-wing and millenium falcon have never been done with a ROTJ setting, for instance.

25 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

Im not a prequel expert, but I cant recall seeing the AT-AP anywhere on screen during the battle of kashykk. I only saw it on felucia(?) with aayla secura.

Picture 1, picture 2. But yeah, a set based on the walkers seen on Felucia would have been great.

Edited by Graupensuppe

2 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Picture 1, picture 2. But yeah, a set based on the walkers seen on Felucia would have been great.

Of course (and this is wishful thinking), but these figs could actually belong to the droid gunship set and not the AT-AP. I know the ebay seller has them linked to that set number, but I've seen figs labelled wrong before. 

This AT-AP set is looking like an easy pass for me unless we find out about some crazy awesome figures later on. Is the droid Gunship the one rumored to have Ahsoka and Plo Koon? And weren’t Cody and Rex rumored too? It could have been nothing but a false rumor but it definitely would be mice to get updates on all four of those figures

the fake as heck rumour had plo and ahsoka in the at-ap ... 

Plo Koon, Ahsoka Tano, 2 Clones, Battle Droid

the one for the gunship was: General Grievous, 5 Battle Droids [1 pilot]

now, there is obviously a slim chance that parts of that is true [gree is a clone] and the green face battle droids could be in the gunship ... 

cody and rex were in the rumour for the clone battle pack that became the inferno squad battle pack that is actually a clone battle pack that nothing is currently known about ...