WhiteFang

REVIEW: 41775 Unikitty Series 1

On a scale 1 to 5  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Unikitty Series 1?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Will you like to see more of this design building blind bag concept?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

Hello everyone,

This brand new LEGO Blind Bag series featuring the LEGO Unikitty Series 1 is one of its kind which was first sighted in late May 2018 at the LEGO IDEAS House, Billund. This LEGO Unikitty Series 1 was out in the market for the past 3 months and I believed many Unikitty fans would have gotten their hands on it. I recently had the honour to receive a brand new box from LEGO Group (TLG) which include the LEGO CEE through the awesome Eurobricks Ambassador, Jim. Big thanks to them for making this reviewing opportunity possible. 

At this point, I will like to highlight that I will not associate this review in terms of LEGO Collectable Minifigures (CMFs). It is not entirely the same and the reviewing approach which I adopt, is also slightly different too. Henceforth, I will like to coin it as a form of LEGO Buildable Animals Series (BAS). This is not an official TLG terminology but I decide to put some emphasis as it was largely brick built animals in the form of Unikitty and Puppycorn. I do not regard Unikitty and Puppycorn as LEGO Minifigures. 

I sincerely hope this review is still applicable and relevant for all to take reference. I hope I did not disappoint anyone in this review, if so, I offer my humble apologies and I really hope I can continue to meet your expectations for future coverage, if applicable. 

Name: 41775 LEGO Unikitty Series 1
Theme: LEGO System / Unikitty / Brick-built animals / Series 1
Year: 2018
Brick-built animals: 12 unique brick built animals
Price for 1 box: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD N.A
Price for 1 packet: USD $3.99, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD $6.90
Resources: Brickset, BrickLinkBrick Insights

An image of an 41775 LEGO Unikitty Series 1
44686903962_dc727f37c4_o_d.jpg

[Reference 1]
[Reference 2]
[Reference 3]
[Reference 4]

What could possibly lurk within these mysterious sealed packets?
29799621137_9e42b91e5b_o_d.jpg

Did you manage to grab some of these latest brick built blind packets?
44736270331_8440049486_o_d.jpg

The LEGO Unikitty Series 1 is the first ever blind bag concept featuring brick built stuff. It allow and indulge the buyer to have a quick build of the mysterious character of this series. This is far from your traditional LEGO Minifigures built and instead it focus more of building the design up with small bricks ranging from an average of 21 bricks (largely comprise of small components). It should also largely entice fans who are builders or MOCers to make great use of some interesting parts such as the Cloud piece. At the end of building a complete series, these are the tons of consolidated spare parts which could easily add into your parts bin.

This blind bag series is associated with the mega launch of the rest of LEGO Unikitty sets. This is tied together with the launch of the brand new Unikitty Cartoon which was released in selective regions such as Germany. I personally had not watched it and my impression of Unikitty is so far restricted to the LEGO Movie in 2014. I like the superb cute dynamic personality of Unikitty which had first appeared in the movie. However, this original concept had expanded into multiple Unikitty's personalities and character development and it also touch on Unikitty's best friend who is called Puppycorn. 

There is a lot of bold striking personalities in this whole design line up for LEGO Unikitty Series 1. Till this date, there are 22 Unikitty variants including 8 of them are from this series which comprise of 6 standing and 2 sitting. The previous original design which can be found in the past LEGO Movie sets releases. Puppycorn had also made his new appearance and in this series, there are 4 variants altogether. 

General Statistics for 41775 LEGO Unikitty Series 1
29799621487_6790b9e93c_b_d.jpg
I am very pleased to share that one mint box will give you 5 complete sets of 12 unique designs. Do note that my received box is not exactly taped but I believe it is also not tampered with. The 5 complete sets in a mint box are a piece of great news without having to sort or worry what are the rare and uncommon ones as observed in other LEGO CMFs series. Hence, there is no need for me to elaborate on the distribution statistics. Do not mind the rest of the un-built packets as I have some good plans for them. To be honest, this will be one hell of a challenge to search for your desired ones unless you choose to open it. It will be very painful to identify the many tidy parts to identify the most unique gender which is either Unikitty's tail or Puppycorn's ball. If you even can separate the both, I am sure you can even identify the only slope brick which define the Sleepy Unikitty. This is a true blue blind bag series which will simply deter you to feel each packet. Let's just put it down by either buy a mint box or just get at a reasonable price for an opened packet series. Be rest assured that each opened packet contain a sealed LEGO plastic and instruction manual. 

Front view comparison of the LEGO boxes of 41775 and 71022
29799621187_8197427cd5_b_d.jpg
The LEGO Unikitty box is generally taller as compared with the regular CMFs box. The width and length is the same. The packets' height also can see a considerable difference and you can flip it and observe from the back view too. 

Front view of the LEGO Unikitty Series 1 promotional poster
29799620777_9ac06c6357_o_d.jpg

This is the promotional poster that outline on how you should go about building those individual characters. The other side of the instruction manual is just a portrait of Unikitty and Puppycorn. Take also a closer look at the following images. This is the front view of the LEGO Unikitty Series 1 packet, while this shows the back view of it

1) Rainbow Unikitty
44686902932_e9bbe68165_b_d.jpg

Without further ado, let's bring out the happy jovial Rainbow Unikitty. This is the first ever released character to release unlimited positive vibes in the surroundings. It remain closed to the original pink which is Unikitty's colour schema and this time, it was sparkled with colourful blink stars. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Rainbow Unikitty and the original Unikitty
44736286371_2f5c479314_o_d.jpg

Rise and Shine
29799626397_4f53579d9e_o_d.jpg

2) Angry Unikitty
29799620627_febf5d5694_o_d.jpg
The next Unikitty personality is the Angry Unikitty. This is not the first time you had ever seen Unikitty going negatively bonkers. It had also went angry in the 70814 Emmet's Construct-O-Mech and 70817 Batman and Super Angry Kitty Attack. This design is filled with blazing red and razorsharp teeth. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Don't come near me
44686911242_e88a8b22bd_o_d.jpg

Let's save the world again
29799626067_69f38b5315_o_d.jpg

3) Shades Puppycorn
29799620467_871d095db6_o_d.jpg
The first ever Puppycorn design in this series is featuring the Shades Puppycorn. Puppycorn with his blue skin donned in his spanky orange paws outfit accompanied with his black shades. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Aren't both of you famous in LEGO Movie?
29799625907_1998b8f075_o_d.jpg

Who's the winner?
44686910662_5c49c4b4d1_o_d.jpg

4) Dinosaur Unikitty
29799620357_34a4180624_o_d.jpg
Unikitty has changed into its prehistoric outfit and it was a big green giant dinosaur with tons of cuteness in there. This is one of my favourite design because it was able to merge both successfully together and I am also generally a fan of dinosaur too. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Dinosaur vs Dragons
44736282581_7b80892c71_o_d.jpg

Come forward, don't scared of me
44736282391_05886fd0a5_o_d.jpg

5) Shades Unikitty
44686901902_958ce73bc0_o_d.jpg
Well other than Puppycorn in shades, our beloved Unikitty also seen wearing his black shades too. The Shades Unikitty is spotted with bright green paws design accompanied with a bright pink cargo shorts design. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Christmas is coming
30866012168_047686842b_o_d.jpg

It's party time
44686909262_a8d7f1854f_o_d.jpg

6) Dalmatian Puppycorn
30866011768_e91a47ede5_o_d.jpg
Dalmatian Puppycorn is seen in his black and white spots. I don't think Puppycorn intentionally wearing this design, but perhaps I am wondering if it is a distant relative of Puppycorn. It is quite fun to see in its dalmatian design. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Formula One Racing
44736271221_68fc4d0c87_o_d.jpg

Any idea where's Unikitty?
29799623837_f12ec76cc7_o_d.jpg

7) Dessert Unikitty
29799623767_f35fe96fee_o_d.jpg
Sweet stuff, here she comes. Dessert Unikitty will spare no desserts and she will do her best to cover herself with sugar, sprinkles and whipcream. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Welcome to North Pole
44686901352_5f95534564_o_d.jpg

Look what I have for you
30866010628_f513d75825_o_d.jpg

8) Camouflage Unikitty
29799619897_9a5b2e4840_o_d.jpg
Unikitty is going for combat and she picks up her camouflage outfit. The Camouflage Unikitty is one of my favourite in this series as it is pretty nice to see a 'serious' mode of Unikitty where it takes art of military combat seriously with the khaki green outfit. One side of it contain a waist pouch while the other side show her communication device. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Mission is a success
30866010098_ac6a7fedd9_o_d.jpg

Firing first salvo
29799622907_395f42cf51_o_d.jpg

9) Alien Puppycorn
29799619817_1b353c8534_o_d.jpg
Puppycorn had became an alien now. Puppycorn Alien is considered a higher being which now come to Earth and explore for suitable settlement. He is covered with light green and turquoise green which kind of make Puppycorn looks pale. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Can we have your report?
29799622557_276088692f_o_d.jpg

Exploration Mission
30866008898_5f9e0a24ba_o_d.jpg

10) Sleepy Unikitty
29799619687_314b30d70e_o_d.jpg
This is the first sleepy pose of Unikitty in this series. Sleepy Unikitty had only previously appeared in this pose from the 70818 Double-Decker Couch. I welcomed this pose and I really wondered why this Unikitty is in distinct purple. I am wondering if she is also a distant relative of Unikitty. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

Let's wake her up
30866008058_937d06480d_o_d.jpg

Today is a beautiful day
44686906362_f94a694332_o_d.jpg

11) Queasy Unikitty
29799619617_fe17fac566_o_d.jpg
This is the second sitting pose of Unikitty in this series. Queasy Unikitty had only previously appeared in a standing pose with the similar sea-sick expression from the 70810 Metal Beard's Sea Cow. I am quite fond of this design as the expression is just so real and it kind of give me a sense that she's on the verge of puking. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

How are we going to solve these?
29799619587_327ef23d13_o_d.jpg

Unicorn Kingdom has the cure for you
44018235184_9acdc351e1_o_d.jpg

12) Dessert Puppycorn
44686905432_a3369dac63_o_d.jpg
This is the last design from this series which featured Dessert Puppycorn. It serve as a crazy companion with Dessert Unikitty. In his case, his preference is to be coated with lots of chocolate and cream all over the body. You can view the following detailed images starting with the parts assortment, front view, side view and back view. These are the remaining spare parts for this built. 

I am not your dessert
29799619467_2a65d8d40b_o_d.jpg

Can you bring me to North Pole?
30866005688_2b9f95862f_o_d.jpg

Did you manage to collect all of these 12 characters?
44686904252_59c51a990d_o_d.jpg

To conclude, I am very honoured to carry out a comprehensive review of this BAS. It gave me great insight of how is it possible for TLG to do blind bag concept similar to CMFs by using assorted small bricks and unique printed bricks to illustrate the designs' expressions. The building concept can be similar to building a small built from polybag minis or even a slightly bigger model from the advent calendars. It is a wild and imaginative design concept which truly originates from Unikitty fundamentals concept. This series may not consitute as your regular CMFs or a minifigure concept, but your BAS is also equally able to hold its own grounds for being the first in LEGO history to introduce such an concept. Not sure if anyone else had officially noticed that this series stated as 'Series 1'. It also means there is a probable future releases for Unikitty Series 2 or my wild imagination would include some wild BAS concepts based on TLG's original reference. I seriously hope this release and future releases will not dampen future CMFs as part of streaming its release schedule. Time will tell and we shall see if this new design concept is able to hold water for future innovation. 

Summary review
Playability: 8/10 (Fun interactive Unikitty characters which is best integrated with the new Unikitty sets or even past and future releases of LEGO Movies.)
Design: 8/10 (Great unique printed parts and uncommon variants which may be useful for some complicated MOCs.)
Price: 6/10 (The SRP is not exactly very affordable due to its average piece count of 21 parts even after taking consideration of its printed bricks.)
Overall: 7.3/10 (If you are a huge fan of LEGO Minifigures and Football, then don't hesitate and source for it before it become too expensive in the future.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

Dear Eurobricks Community, 

I am very pleased to share my comprehensive review of the recent 41775 Unikitty Series 1. I am aware there are some members who had requested me to review it. Thanks to TLG for giving me this opportunity for making this possible. This is slightly different from the way I had usually do for CMFs. I do not classify it as a minifigure no matter what TLG had placed on the website. Without further ado, please take a look at this reviewing feature and let me know of your thoughts. 

Thank you.

WhiteFang

Thank you WhiteFang for this review! Good thing you didn't waste time breaking apart the parts because, just by looking at them, it's very straight forward what parts are included in the blind bag.

It's also funny how a blindbag like this can be so difficult to feel and at the same time I have no interest to collect at all... that will make my 100% success hit rate in feeling blind bags intact. But then again, these are not CMF so I like to hear how successful people are in getting all Unikitties and Puppycorns without buying a box.

Btw, you made my day on this newly coined term "BAS" :laugh:

2 minutes ago, makoy said:

Thank you WhiteFang for this review! Good thing you didn't waste time breaking apart the parts because, just by looking at them, it's very straight forward what parts are included in the blind bag.

It's also funny how a blindbag like this can be so difficult to feel and at the same time I have no interest to collect at all... that will make my 100% success hit rate in feeling blind bags intact. But then again, these are not CMF so I like to hear how successful people are in getting all Unikitties and Puppycorns without buying a box.

Btw, you made my day on this newly coined term "BAS" :laugh:

It is very straightforward and it will be very time consuming to assemble something which shows the answer as it is. Like you mentioned, I am also wondering how much real interest are there in this series despite 3 months of its release and I think it will probably discontinue soon, given the pattern and short shelf life for blind bags similar to CMFs. 

Glad I had made your day! :laugh: 

Good review! I do wish it had included a comparison between the Angry and Queasy versions in this series and The Lego Movie sets (since both of the ones from this series have a somewhat brighter color scheme, especially the latter).

Just now, Lyichir said:

Good review! I do wish it had included a comparison between the Angry and Queasy versions in this series and The Lego Movie sets (since both of the ones from this series have a somewhat brighter color scheme, especially the latter).

Thanks. I wish I had included it but I realised I don't have these characters opened. Unfortunately, these are still in the mint boxes at storage. 

Thanks for the review. I'm one of those who asked for it :laugh:

I like this series more for the parts alone rather than the characters all together. Some very beautiful printed pieces here. My favorite figure are Sleeping Unikitty. I also quite like the Dino one. 

I hope there will be more Unikitty series in the future. I just hope they will include more characters like the Fox.

By the way, I think the official name is Unkitty Collectibles Series 1. They excluded the word "Minifigures".

I wonder what impact will The LEGO Movie 2 have on this line. 

Edited by Robert8

Regarding the term "Buildable Animals Series", I'm not so fond of it, not because I think that the term "Collectible Minifigure" applies better but because if LEGO were to make a series including brick-built figures that WEREN'T animals (like, say, a Unikitty series 2 including Master Frown variants), or for that matter, a series that included both minifigures AND brick built figures (like a LEGO Movie 2 blind bag series with a Unikitty in it, or a Minecraft blind bag series that contained both human and animal mobs), it would feel weird to keep coming up with totally new terms on a series-by-series basis. At that point you might as well just refer to them as "Unikitty blind bags", "Minifigures blind bags", etc.

Not to mention, if we're going to make a name for series of brick-built figures like the Unikitties, it's weird not to include the term "collectible" that people here and elsewhere are so insistent on when referring to blind bags from the Minifigures theme. Isn't the point of that to more clearly differentiate talking about the capital-M Minifigures blind bag series versus talking about lowercase-m minifigures in general? If so, why is it any less important to differentiate the term/acronym for a series like this from a term that just as easily describes animals from such varied themes as Unikitty, Minecraft, Creator, Atlantis, Aqua Raiders, Legends of Chima, BrickHeadz, and Elves?

That aside, it's a good review of a fun series. It's neat how extensive and expressive the printing on these is and how many recolors it brings to the table. The cloud plates are also a fun new mold that I've already seen some quite clever uses for. It's kind of a bummer that Dinosaur Unikitty couldn't take advantage of the Unikitty tail with molded spikes from The LEGO Movie 2. The spikes printed on the sides of the tail don't look awful, but they still feel like a bit of a compromise.

It'd be interesting to see how varied brick-built character blind bags could be. It seems to me that the two main limiting factors are shared with the Advent Calendars — small packages, and too little space for building steps of even medium complexity. A character like Hawkodile would probably be both too big and too elaborate, and even Master Frown is iffy due to employing SNOT techniques on four sides for his face, arms, and back. But I think characters with builds like Dr. Fox whose parts are mostly just stacked vertically would be about as viable as Unikitty and her brother

Thanks for the review!

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

By the way, I think the official name is Unikitty Collectibles Series 1. They excluded the word "Minifigures".

I don't think it will be well received by the large majority of Star Wars collectors & aficionados, if we call it that way.

Is it worth buying a box? I really like they way they look (and those brilliant review pictures makes it even harder to say no) but I can't convince myself to see 60 of them just lined up there. The cloud piece though would be a great asset to my builds. 

Thank you for another extensive Review, WhiteFang! Well done. :wub: 

The most important thing about this series for me is: You cannot feel what's inside the bag anymore! :hmpf_bad:

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, WhiteFang said:

If you even can separate the both, I am sure you can even identify the only slope brick which define the Sleepy Unikitty

Even that is not possible because there is another Unikitty with a slope ('sick' Unikitty).
That alone is THE reason for me to say: NO. :angry: I love Unikitty and have all models/figures before that series, but now I stop collecting them if I can't tell who is who.
They are expensive enough and I'm not interested in the TV series at all (Puppycorn, pffff... :hmpf:), so I couldn't care less about this series.

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks for the review. I'm one of those who asked for it :laugh:

I like this series more for the parts alone rather than the characters all together. Some very beautiful printed pieces here. My favorite figure are Sleeping Unikitty. I also quite like the Dino one. 

I hope there will be more Unikitty series in the future. I just hope they will include more characters like the Fox.

By the way, I think the official name is Unkitty Collectibles Series 1. They excluded the word "Minifigures".

I wonder what impact will The LEGO Movie 2 have on this line. 

Yes, I remembered you are one of them. I am glad you enjoyed it. If there's more Unikitty Series in the future, I hope there are more different unique characters than just revolved around Unikitty and Puppycorn. 

I didn't know or think it will be called Unikitty Collectable Series 1. I think you could be right. I got a strong hunch it will follow down or influence the path based on the upcoming LEGO Movie 2. 

13 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Regarding the term "Buildable Animals Series", I'm not so fond of it, not because I think that the term "Collectible Minifigure" applies better but because if LEGO were to make a series including brick-built figures that WEREN'T animals (like, say, a Unikitty series 2 including Master Frown variants), or for that matter, a series that included both minifigures AND brick built figures (like a LEGO Movie 2 blind bag series with a Unikitty in it, or a Minecraft blind bag series that contained both human and animal mobs), it would feel weird to keep coming up with totally new terms on a series-by-series basis. At that point you might as well just refer to them as "Unikitty blind bags", "Minifigures blind bags", etc.

Not to mention, if we're going to make a name for series of brick-built figures like the Unikitties, it's weird not to include the term "collectible" that people here and elsewhere are so insistent on when referring to blind bags from the Minifigures theme. Isn't the point of that to more clearly differentiate talking about the capital-M Minifigures blind bag series versus talking about lowercase-m minifigures in general? If so, why is it any less important to differentiate the term/acronym for a series like this from a term that just as easily describes animals from such varied themes as Unikitty, Minecraft, Creator, Atlantis, Aqua Raiders, Legends of Chima, BrickHeadz, and Elves?

That aside, it's a good review of a fun series. It's neat how extensive and expressive the printing on these is and how many recolors it brings to the table. The cloud plates are also a fun new mold that I've already seen some quite clever uses for. It's kind of a bummer that Dinosaur Unikitty couldn't take advantage of the Unikitty tail with molded spikes from The LEGO Movie 2. The spikes printed on the sides of the tail don't look awful, but they still feel like a bit of a compromise.

It'd be interesting to see how varied brick-built character blind bags could be. It seems to me that the two main limiting factors are shared with the Advent Calendars — small packages, and too little space for building steps of even medium complexity. A character like Hawkodile would probably be both too big and too elaborate, and even Master Frown is iffy due to employing SNOT techniques on four sides for his face, arms, and back. But I think characters with builds like Dr. Fox whose parts are mostly just stacked vertically would be about as viable as Unikitty and her brother

Thanks for the review!

Noted on your opinion on the 'Buildable Animal Series' which I had coined. To be honest, I am not too agreeable with it as well, but I find it hard to disassociate and to find a suitable definition not related to Minifigures. Because it is clearly not a minifigure and I am not exactly used to this terminology of blind bags concept. It just doesn't fit well. I used animal to generally define kitten and puppy. However, if it ever expand beyond this scope, then it will not be suitable. I do think it will be good to include 'collectable' somewhere along the line. Likewise, I think there are great unexplored potential for this building series. 

5 hours ago, makoy said:

I don't think it will be well received by the large majority of Star Wars collectors & aficionados, if we call it that way.

Unikitty Collectable Series (UCS). :laugh: 

5 hours ago, Venefic said:

Is it worth buying a box? I really like they way they look (and those brilliant review pictures makes it even harder to say no) but I can't convince myself to see 60 of them just lined up there. The cloud piece though would be a great asset to my builds. 

No, it is not worth to buy a box unless you have grand plans to use all of the parts in large quantities. Otherwise,I will encourage to find some of your friends to share with you. I don't think you will need 5 sets from a box. It's just too hard to digest. Typical CMFs quantum is just 3 complete sets on average. So, yes it is also hard for me to just buy a box but that's the damn surest way to know what you are buying. 

3 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Thank you for another extensive Review, WhiteFang! Well done. :wub: 

The most important thing about this series for me is: You cannot feel what's inside the bag anymore! :hmpf_bad:

Even that is not possible because there is another Unikitty with a slope ('sick' Unikitty).
That alone is THE reason for me to say: NO. :angry: I love Unikitty and have all models/figures before that series, but now I stop collecting them if I can't tell who is who.
They are expensive enough and I'm not interested in the TV series at all (Puppycorn, pffff... :hmpf:), so I couldn't care less about this series.

Thanks Holodoc. Glad you enjoyed reading it. There's absolute no way to know what is what unless you have a pair of X-Ray eyes. :tongue: 

On a serious note, these are not cheap and if there's no one to share with you with a box, it will be a very costly purchase. On a sidenote, you will be very sure that it will not be molested in the wild, plus the fact none of these designs are rare! All are equally reachable. :laugh: 

Although I don't know much about the show, these look worth getting just for those fun expressions...

There are so many things you can do with them! Like a really detailed stop motion, for example.

On 9/19/2018 at 7:11 AM, Robert8 said:

Unikitty Collectibles Series 1. UCS1. I love this initial!:wub:

Thank you for the nice review, Whitefang.

I like this serie,mostly because you get a new and more affordable way to get Queasykitty and the designs and pieces are different enough. The Clouds look great.

Pity although you can't feel what you get.

Maybe this serie also got not much attention because we got on the same time a Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts CMF.

I am happy to finally read the analysis of the Unikitty Collectible Series 1, since I was one of the people I suggested it to WhiteFang. Thanks for including it in your reviews.

About the controversial discussion of including it as minifigures or Buildable Animal Series, I agree with some opinions that it is not an Animal per se, as Unikitty is an "animal", as it could be some cocodriles or lions, for examples. As it can be a second series, it could be named here as the official name, UCS 1 (Unikttty Collectible Series 1). As we know, Unikitty is special, not minifigure, not animal, just it!!

In any case, the name is not the most important thing (A rose with another name would smell in the same way). Many thanks for providing your review!! Continue like that!! We will always support you!!

No, figs like Unikitty are not minifigs, and no one ever said they were. The official name of the series is "Unikitty! Collectibles Series" and it's not listed under the CMFs on their product page, so I don't see what the big deal is. :look:

And while they may not be minifigs, they are still figs (a representation of a character) so I don't mind that. What I don't like about this series is that you can't feel for the figs you want like you can with every other series and that it's just color variations of the same two characters over and over which make it kind of boring, even for a Unikitty fan. Why not include some other characters from the show?

Because of this (and a lack of budget), this is probably the first series I'll be skipping entirely. :sadnew: Hopefully TLG will learn from their mistake and at least include some unique accessories for each fig next time.

Thanks for the great review Fangy!

Thanks for the review Fangy! It's nice to know that LEGO went the sensible route of including five full sets per box.

Personally I like this series for what it is, and have never been into fully collecting anything, so it doesn't bother me that it's impossible to get the ones you want by feel. The impossibility of feeling them makes this series the "true" experience of blind bags for kids, who can get some and trade with friends.

As I had no interest in getting many of these, I just felt a couple to be sure that I was going to get different ones (one with a slope and one with a tail), and was pleased with the dino suit and queasy kitties that I got. Ultimately these are super cute little mementos that make me smile when I see them, and I think I would've felt that way no matter which ones I got. I do want the camo Kitty as well, but I'm not going to try my luck and risk my money.

I suppose they are a little pricey, but they have lots of exclusive prints and re-coloured parts, so they can't be compared to other LEGO items purely by how many pieces they contain. Regular CMF seem a bit pricey at this point too.

Still, I do wonder if these will be a success for LEGO, and if we'll see another series like them. They came out at the same time as the Harry Potter CMF, and while the Harry Potter ones flew away like crazy (though stores here in Sydney, Aus have now got second batches in, which haven't disappeared quite as quickly), the Unikitty Series is still just largely sitting around. That's obviously just one data point, but it's quite conspicuous that they haven't been so popular around here. If they ever go on deep discount, I'd snatch up more at a dollar or two a piece.

I know this series is not for everybody, but I do like these Unikitty bags. And I love your comprehensive review! 

Very cool to have a complete review for this box.

Thanks guys for your thoughts. It's interesting to know that there is such a good interest for this series. 

On 9/21/2018 at 3:16 AM, Wout said:

Thank you for the nice review, Whitefang.

I like this serie,mostly because you get a new and more affordable way to get Queasykitty and the designs and pieces are different enough. The Clouds look great.

Pity although you can't feel what you get.

Maybe this serie also got not much attention because we got on the same time a Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts CMF.

Thanks! Agreed that it is a better way to get hold of Queasykitty (provided you are willing to pay a slight premium for it). It's impossible for it to search on your own by feeling it. I hope you will have a chance to get it. 

On 9/21/2018 at 5:33 AM, Herisanmi said:

I am happy to finally read the analysis of the Unikitty Collectible Series 1, since I was one of the people I suggested it to WhiteFang. Thanks for including it in your reviews.

About the controversial discussion of including it as minifigures or Buildable Animal Series, I agree with some opinions that it is not an Animal per se, as Unikitty is an "animal", as it could be some cocodriles or lions, for examples. As it can be a second series, it could be named here as the official name, UCS 1 (Unikttty Collectible Series 1). As we know, Unikitty is special, not minifigure, not animal, just it!!

In any case, the name is not the most important thing (A rose with another name would smell in the same way). Many thanks for providing your review!! Continue like that!! We will always support you!!

Thanks! I was just kind of making a mole out of the mountain, but then again I also want to send a strong message that my stance for Unikitty is never and will not consider as a minifigure. Hence, those funny quirky terms to disassociate it. 

On 9/22/2018 at 7:37 AM, Oky said:

No, figs like Unikitty are not minifigs, and no one ever said they were. The official name of the series is "Unikitty! Collectibles Series" and it's not listed under the CMFs on their product page, so I don't see what the big deal is. :look:

And while they may not be minifigs, they are still figs (a representation of a character) so I don't mind that. What I don't like about this series is that you can't feel for the figs you want like you can with every other series and that it's just color variations of the same two characters over and over which make it kind of boring, even for a Unikitty fan. Why not include some other characters from the show?

Because of this (and a lack of budget), this is probably the first series I'll be skipping entirely. :sadnew: Hopefully TLG will learn from their mistake and at least include some unique accessories for each fig next time.

Thanks for the great review Fangy!

Thanks Oky. I really thought you will get Unikitty. You strike as a fan who are interested in licensed series such as Disney (since you are an avid fan of it). I thought bright colours could interest you greatly. So it was a honest surprise to see you skipping it entirely. I think the lack of accessories is probably those characters cannot actually hold them in their paws. 

On 9/22/2018 at 9:22 PM, Clone OPatra said:

Thanks for the review Fangy! It's nice to know that LEGO went the sensible route of including five full sets per box.

Personally I like this series for what it is, and have never been into fully collecting anything, so it doesn't bother me that it's impossible to get the ones you want by feel. The impossibility of feeling them makes this series the "true" experience of blind bags for kids, who can get some and trade with friends.

As I had no interest in getting many of these, I just felt a couple to be sure that I was going to get different ones (one with a slope and one with a tail), and was pleased with the dino suit and queasy kitties that I got. Ultimately these are super cute little mementos that make me smile when I see them, and I think I would've felt that way no matter which ones I got. I do want the camo Kitty as well, but I'm not going to try my luck and risk my money.

I suppose they are a little pricey, but they have lots of exclusive prints and re-coloured parts, so they can't be compared to other LEGO items purely by how many pieces they contain. Regular CMF seem a bit pricey at this point too.

Still, I do wonder if these will be a success for LEGO, and if we'll see another series like them. They came out at the same time as the Harry Potter CMF, and while the Harry Potter ones flew away like crazy (though stores here in Sydney, Aus have now got second batches in, which haven't disappeared quite as quickly), the Unikitty Series is still just largely sitting around. That's obviously just one data point, but it's quite conspicuous that they haven't been so popular around here. If they ever go on deep discount, I'd snatch up more at a dollar or two a piece.

Thanks Clonie. Glad you got a positive encounter on your random picks. Those are truly blind bags purchases without the knowledge of knowing what is what without opening it. I personally reckon that the CMFs HPs minifigures are way more successful than the Unikitty and I am also suspecting that this series is starting to wind down as the weeks go by. 

On 9/18/2018 at 5:47 PM, Lyichir said:

I think in the licensed theme is a comparison between the 3 Angry Kitty as someone got the SDCC Apocalypseburg Rage Kitty and compared all 4. you'll probably find it. 

Edit: it was here in the special themes forun:

Edited by julesvincent

Thanks a lot Whitefang for your nice and detailed review, the first one i read on it. Now you convinced me, i always loved this character.

Did you display them or not ?

On 9/24/2018 at 10:48 PM, julesvincent said:

I think in the licensed theme is a comparison between the 3 Angry Kitty as someone got the SDCC Apocalypseburg Rage Kitty and compared all 4. you'll probably find it. 

Edit: it was here in the special themes forun:

Nice! Thanks for pointing it out. I had definitely missed it. 

6 hours ago, julien4599 said:

Thanks a lot Whitefang for your nice and detailed review, the first one i read on it. Now you convinced me, i always loved this character.

Did you display them or not ?

Thanks. I had them currently displayed on my studio table now, until I am able to find a much permanent spot in my display cabinet. 

4 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

Nice! Thanks for pointing it out. I had definitely missed it. 

No problem. I really like your reviews and can't wait for the next one!

Do you have by any chance the old Queasy Kitty to compare the old and the new?

Thank you!

7 hours ago, julesvincent said:

No problem. I really like your reviews and can't wait for the next one!

Do you have by any chance the old Queasy Kitty to compare the old and the new?

Thank you!

Thank you. Unfortunately I don’t have the old Queasy Kitty otherwise I will definitely do a quick comparison.