Jetflap

9v straight and curved track instruction sheet question

I have never opened a new box of 9v straight (4515) or curved (4520) track. My question is, did the old style "System" version of the set come with an instruction sheet? It appears the newer version "World City" sets did, as Bricklink has photos of this in the catalog, but I can't find any reference or photos of an instruction sheet for the older version.

A second similar question applies to the the My Own Train boxed version of the 9v motor (10153). Did this set always come with instructions? The instruction sheet listed on Bricklink, looks like it applies to a specific set (10205), and I'm wondering if this sheet only came along with the motor in copies of that MOT set.

I do have a couple of 9V rail boxes still unopened somewhere in my basement. But I haven't yet dared to tear one open... Maybe I can be persuaded to do so :laugh:

I did open one a couple of years ago, but if my memory serves me well there was no instruction sheet in the box.

I opened some MISB 9V rails ant there was instruction, single sheet of paper showing some layouts and instructing not to connect rails in wrong way (+ and -).

Thanks all, I thought it unlikely the older version of the track came with instructions but just wanted to make sure. The back of the box serves as the instructions, showing how to attach the track pieces together, that and the lack of any instructions for sale even though they made many thousands of these was almost proof enough for me.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the boxed My Own Train 9v motor (10153)? This one I find it more likely that it had the small instruction sheet in all of them, even if it was purchased by itself. The back of the box shows set 10205, which is also shown in the instructions. The bagged 9v (5300) I believe did not come with an instruction sheet.